MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

^pics

Never really noticed this class of UNSC destroyer before. From all accounts, it appears to be the predecessor of the "Thanatos" class. I think it'd be a great addition for the mod as a militia unit. Lorewise it makes sense too, as the planetary militias could've acquired some of these ships after the UNSC phased them out of service.

Background Info:

"The CMA Heracles was a UNSC-built destroyer used by the Colonial Military Administration.[1] The Heracles was commanded by Captain Maribeau Veredi. It served as the lead ship of Battlegroup 4.

On October 7, 2525, the Heracles, along with the rest of Battlegroup 4, the Arabia and the Vostok, was sent into the Epsilon Indi system to discover why the Colonial Administration Authority had lost contact with the colony world Harvest and the scout ship Argo, which had been dispatched six months earlier with the same objective. The crew discovered that the planet had been destroyed and that the Argo was missing; it immediately encountered a Covenant vessel in orbit. After a brief exchange of fire, the Arabia and the Vostok were destroyed and the Heracles was forced to retreat. Due to the extensive damage it had taken during the skirmish, the Heracles took several weeks to return to Reach.[2] The ship was repaired at Reach, and later returned to reclaim Harvest as part of Vice Admiral Preston Cole's battlefleet.[3][4]"

source: http://www.halopedia.org/CMA_Heracles
  • HTRK74JR likes this
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#2 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I see it as a precursor to the Halcyon class cruiser, myself. Either way, as soon as I can find someone to model them they'll be part of the innie militias. This has been a plan for some time.
  • Defender0, HTRK74JR and MasterOfShips like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#3 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

I see it as a precursor to the Halcyon class cruiser, myself. Either way, as soon as I can find someone to model them they'll be part of the innie militias. This has been a plan for some time.

Awesome, glad to hear it. Also I can see where you're coming from with it being a precursor to the Halcyon class. The "Heracles" appears to be much larger than the newer UNSC destroyers. It kind of looks more like a Halcyon too.

#4 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

It was in the mod for a quite a while, if you can remember our earlier days. Of course, when we realized that the creator of the model, Blamtroid, had modeled the destroyer when there was only one reference photo available (without showing the enormous backside of it), we took it out.

It'll make an reappearance though, as previously stated.
  • Unikraken and MasterOfShips like this

yLM4TEk.png

#5 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Maybe you could make it so that it is before the Halcyon Class Cruisers as it almost looks like a Halcyon proto-type and that's where researching the Halcyon comes from

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#6 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I was wondering that too. However, would it be too much of a hassle to code another ship into the UNSC's roster? Also, what role would it play, considering that you already have all of the specialized cruisers and frigates figured out?

#7 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Rebellion maybe?

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#8 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Rebellion maybe?

As in the corvette ship slot? Interesting.

Although to be honest, it might be too big for a corvette. If that's what you meant of course.

#9 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Idk haha or for Rebellion, place the Mako as corvette and place the Heracles in it's place?

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Maybe you could make it so that it is before the Halcyon Class Cruisers as it almost looks like a Halcyon proto-type and that's where researching the Halcyon comes from

Idk haha or for Rebellion, place the Mako as corvette and place the Heracles in it's place?

No, it's a fairly ugly ship design, so it won't be in the UNSC roster at all. They were all retired and either bought or seized by Insurrectionist forces.

We do have a replacement for the Mako already, the Stalwart class frigate will take it's place as AA, then the mako or a new corvette will move into the corvette slot.
  • Defender0 likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#11 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Dang, now I wish you had a model of the Argo. That's one fine looking scout ship.

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users