3 replies to this topic

#1 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

According to Halopedia,

"humanity's understanding of slipspace technology, particularly in the area of causal reconciliation, was inferior to that of the Forerunners who were able to use their superior understanding of slipspace to an advantage by clogging the humans' slipspace channels and slowing down their interstellar travel."

I thought it'd be a great (mid-late game) researchable ability for the Forerunners. For example, this ability can drastically slow down the slipspace activation of all enemy ships in gravity wells that are dominated by Forerunner culture. This includes enemy trade ships, putting a sizable dent into their income.
  • SternuS likes this
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#2 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I see the Forerunners causing lots of denial, some ships may disable other ships abilities, stuff like that. Technologically superior doesn't always mean superior damage.
  • Defender0 and MasterOfShips like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#3 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

I see the Forerunners causing lots of denial, some ships may disable other ships abilities, stuff like that. Technologically superior doesn't always mean superior damage.

Agreed. For me, this denial ability ties into how I imagine the Forerunners will play like. Like the TEC Loyalists, I picture the Forerunners being a race heavily invested in building up their defenses. This really fits into their MO as a race of master builders.

So let's say an enemy fleet jumps into a Forerunner gravity well. Eventually, the fleet is overwhelmed by the strength of the Forerunner defenses and opts to retreat. However, due to the slipspace denial ability, the enemy fleet is stuck their even longer. While they're trying to escape, the enemy fleet is overwhelmed by a fleet of Forerunner ships/drones.

A few enemy ships make it out alive, but with such heavy losses, the enemy has to sit back for awhile and build up another fleet. If they even want to go through another attack that is. And due to the trade disruption aspect of this ability, the enemy must take even longer to amass the credits needed to build up another fleet. All the while, the Forerunner player is left to do as he pleases while his enemy stays back and lick his wounds.
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#4 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

According to Halopedia,

"humanity's understanding of slipspace technology, particularly in the area of causal reconciliation, was inferior to that of the Forerunners who were able to use their superior understanding of slipspace to an advantage by clogging the humans' slipspace channels and slowing down their interstellar travel."

I thought it'd be a great (mid-late game) researchable ability for the Forerunners. For example, this ability can drastically slow down the slipspace activation of all enemy ships in gravity wells that are dominated by Forerunner culture. This includes enemy trade ships, putting a sizable dent into their income.

A really good idea. I support this.
  • MasterOfShips likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users