62 replies to this topic

#1 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

yes a shield world people, kind of like the new planets in the "maelstorm" mod for Trinity, we make shield worlds and they all come with a gift!

shield world names:

Requiem;
artifact ability: (UNSC) gives the UNSC forerunner tech to light/heavy frigates, shields (covi) gives the covi's faster power recharge

Onyx;
artifact ability: (UNSC) gives the ONI prowler and light frigate slipspace time reduction as well as faster jumping (covi) increases all non-cap ship firing range

Shield 0459;
artifact ability: (UNSC) grants x2 damage/heath to phoenix carrier refit (covi) x2 damage/heath to destroyers

info on shield worlds

http://halo.wikia.co...ki/Shield_World

comments?
  • D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#2 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

You killed the Chief! You bastards!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I like the Ideas you have but I think they need to make shield worlds very hard to find since the diadact was cast out by the builders before he could complete a lot of them.
  • D4RKST0RM99 and haseo yashimora like this

#3 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I like the Ideas you have but I think they need to make shield worlds very hard to find since the diadact was cast out by the builders before he could complete a lot of them.

like only alone 1 shield world per map or something :D and make looking for there artifact on that planet cost more :)

#4 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well I would say it should cost as much, as building one of the late capital ships just to explore it. Since that would equal roughly the same amount of man power and hours to get viable tech

#5 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

like only alone 1 shield world per map or something :D and make looking for there artifact on that planet cost more :)

Suppose u could measure it against what it cost the infinity for the full first season of Spartan Ops to expore requiem, It cost a lost considering it almost cost us this ship itself in the ending.

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

We already plan on having shield worlds. There is already an ingame placeholder model for them as well.
  • haseo yashimora and SternuS like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#7 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

We already plan on having shield worlds. There is already an ingame placeholder model for them as well.

This game just gets better and better. All I hope for is that I can pirate the navy signal so I can download the updates :D
  • haseo yashimora likes this

#8 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

I imagine the marines and the navy getting into super heated aggressive dance battles every weekend.

#9 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I imagine the marines and the navy getting into super heated aggressive dance battles every weekend.

I imagine you have a little too much free time on your hands...

#10 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I imagine you have a little too much free time on your hands...

Then again I also imagine you are talking about the Royal Navy and Marines

#11 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

No, I was talking about the US Marines and Navy.

I imagine sassy dance fights between the Army, Marines, Navy, Air force and Coast Guard as they trespass on each others respective territory (read: nightclub).

#12 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

No, I was talking about the US Marines and Navy.

I imagine sassy dance fights between the Army, Marines, Navy, Air force and Coast Guard as they trespass on each others respective territory (read: nightclub).

You want me to read about fruity dance fights? Seriously mate you need to find something to do go at a medium map or something!

#13 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Just watch top gun, no reading involved.

I actually started on a huge map today, muddafuggin steamrolling those UNSC GayIs.

Geddit lol GayIs
Not AIs
GayIs

Lol.

#14 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

I can tell you that the Army doesn't have many soldiers who dance fight... now those fancy pants Marines on the other hand.... are a different story...
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#15 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

You guys aint got nothin on the Royal Swedish Armed Forces, we have stealth subs, stealth ships and not so stealthy beatutiful, awsome warrior ladies that'll deflower your but with an assault rifle if you drop a sexist remark in front of them.
Sweden can into gender!

#16 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

You guys aint got nothin on the Royal Swedish Armed Forces, we have stealth subs, stealth ships and not so stealthy beatutiful, awsome warrior ladies that'll deflower your but with an assault rifle if you drop a sexist remark in front of them.

I have to let everyone here know that Sweden has this weird thing with wearing shoes inside. YOU JUST DON'T DO IT.
  • tothe likes this

#17 tothe

tothe

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

How about using it as "game timer". What I mean is that using a unreacheable Halo Installation on a map, and have it fire itself at a certain point ingame. Then the only way to avoid this is to gain control of the sheildworld. This could then save your empire and destroy your opponents, letting you win and significantly shorten some Sotp games.

#18 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

How about using it as "game timer". What I mean is that using a unreacheable Halo Installation on a map, and have it fire itself at a certain point ingame. Then the only way to avoid this is to gain control of the sheildworld. This could then save your empire and destroy your opponents, letting you win and significantly shorten some Sotp games.

That's pretty damn interesting. Have it destroy all non-friendly planets. I think this is technically possible in some form.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#19 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

That's pretty damn interesting. Have it destroy all non-friendly planets. I think this is technically possible in some form.

could we use this for the "control planet" victory in rebellion?
  • haseo yashimora likes this

#20 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

could we use this for the "control planet" victory in rebellion?

I have never played rebellion but I can only imagine how huge the battles would be over the capture of one of these worlds especially with a timer ticking down :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users