62 replies to this topic

#41 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Also, if you got a forerunner capital ship from capturing a specific planet, that could be game breaking (even for the forerunners if it was early game), so i would probably not suggest putting this in game.

Well, just set it up so that you have the ability to build the capital ship from there, dont just give it to them.  Maybe boost the cost of the ship by 25-50%?

#42 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Well, just set it up so that you have the ability to build the capital ship from there, dont just give it to them.  Maybe boost the cost of the ship by 25-50%? 

I was also thinking that the maximum number of ships you could ever build from such a planet would be one. Also, make it so the Covenant have to research first to build such a ship (since they can't use Forerunner tech without being creative). 

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#43 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

The idea of throwing forerunner ships around willy nilly is not logical. These ships are powerful, its hard enough to balance one faction with em, let alone the idea that any faction can have even 1.

• haseo yashimora likes this

bDNWw7L.png

#44 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thoughts have been thrown around for using an ability to spawn in forerunner frigates via flood worlds (if you somehow manage to cap one)

Spawning a cap ship is kinda seriously overkill though. You haven't seen one of those boys in combat... Their diets include small planetary defense fleets, large planetary defense fleets, small planets, large planets, and small galaxies
  • zaun3694 and Lavo like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#45 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thoughts have been thrown around for using an ability to spawn in forerunner frigates via flood worlds (if you somehow manage to cap one)

Spawning a cap ship is kinda seriously overkill though. You haven't seen one of those boys in combat... Their diets include small planetary defense fleets, large planetary defense fleets, small planets, large planets, and small galaxies

Eh, if the Forerunners ships are that powerful... then I guess you could make a unique class of Forerunner ship that is way more powerful then the strongest UNSC cap, on par with (or slightly more powerful) then the strongest Covie cap, while being outclassed by the standard Forrunnie caps. 

Posted Image

Now I see fire

#46 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

You mean a keyship? Aka the forerunner early game/colony vessel that still outclasses most covenant capitals?

Face it kids, forerunner capitals are going to be rare, and for good reason. Quality >>> quantity in this case.
  • con7con likes this

#47 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

• I am going with the Shield world should get a defense force of sentinels that target any hostile ship in the system, if it is unowned they will attempt to destroy everything in orbit. 
  • Second by holding a shield world you should get some kind of bonus to technology, like the planet has a guaranteed artifact that can only be found there
  • The shield world should also give some kind of Forerunner ship, whether it be a cap or frigate/cruiser, or some kind of special ship only available there, also you can only have one of this ship spawned at one time per shield world, to make it fair.

#48 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

• I am going with the Shield world should get a defense force of sentinels that target any hostile ship in the system, if it is unowned they will attempt to destroy everything in orbit. 
  • Second by holding a shield world you should get some kind of bonus to technology, like the planet has a guaranteed artifact that can only be found there
  • The shield world should also give some kind of Forerunner ship, whether it be a cap or frigate/cruiser, or some kind of special ship only available there, also you can only have one of this ship spawned at one time per shield world, to make it fair.

Heh, that sounds good. I also think there should be some late-game research for the Covenant, before they could use such a ship (we don't need to give them undue help).

Posted Image

Now I see fire

#49 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

The Forrunner Capital Idea is a huge no go. Those ships are capable of destroying entire fleets. They WILL NOT be a bonus for a shield world. Dianno has said this Defender has said this and I will say it again. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. The sentinel idea is a maybe at the most.
  • Defender0 and Lavo like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#50 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'd say we put multiple Centurions as militia so I can have fun laughing as I kill the things.

#51 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I dont even know why the idea of giving forerunner capitals out for shield worlds was even brought up. Im more in favor of having shield worlds give high population and high logistics/tactical slots. Free forerunner units, besides MAYBE the basic sentinel, would have to be captured, and the only way to capture a forerunner capital ship is with a captured flood ship (good luck pulling that off1).

1rovert, this is not aimed at you :P

#52 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I would but Flood isn't capturable. Oh well I'll just modify the ability so it can because why the hell not.

• Defender0 likes this

#53 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I said Cap, Frigate or Cruiser whichever was thought to be best by the mod team.

#54 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I say give everybody Super Carriers (CSO Plot Device) and laugh at the horrific imbalance and then unlock old school infection research and revel in everyone's anguish for losing their free stuff to the flood.

• zaun3694 and Deathscythe1992 like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#55 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

I say give everybody Super Carriers (plot device Plot Device) and laugh at the horrific imbalance and then unlock old school infection research and revel in everyone's anguish for losing their free stuff to the flood.

Don't forget spam-able NOVA bombs.  Then it would be perfect.

• zaun3694 likes this

#56 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

my god what did this thread become...

• Fleet ADM. Drian and zaun3694 like this

#57 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

my god what did this thread become...

This is why Rovert should not troll.........
  • Defender0, Fleet ADM. Drian, Moustachio86 and 2 others like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#58 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Not to go further off-topic, but if you guys are going to add shield worlds as planets... how about having High Charity as a planet (as opposed to a station?  ;)

Posted Image

Now I see fire

#59 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Why a shipyard? Do the shield worlds. Get 'em some nice bonus. Be able to build a limited number of special defensive buildings and that's it.

If I want to be able to build Forerunner ships... I just play the forerunner race

• Defender0 and chiefship like this

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#60 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Eh, if the Forerunners ships are that powerful... then I guess you could make a unique class of Forerunner ship that is way more powerful then the strongest UNSC cap, on par with (or slightly more powerful) then the strongest Covie cap, while being outclassed by the standard Forrunnie caps. 

well u can ballance the Forerunner caps like there doing for the mod, "Dawn of the Reapers", its over kill but realistic, " 1 Reaper can take on 20 alliance ships" so say 1 Forerunner dreadnought can take on 20 Marathon class cruisers? yes its overkill and then everyone online would always play them, but what are all the nerfs the Forerunners getting, least amount of ships of all 3 factions? takes the longest to build theres ships? i could go on like another 20 ideas but lets see what u all think to this comment first ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users