3 replies to this topic

#1 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Looking back through the years to WW2 a lot of conversions were made to ships to allow them to carry larger weapons ect. during the first and second world war monitors were lighter in tonnage to a light cruiser but had a formidable armament to compensate.
In SOTP their role would be to defend colonies with possibly a flotilla of rag tag vessels.
Their gun would be capital ship strength, MAC platform range but at the cost of a long cool down time
They would be slow lumbering vessels with minimal Armour.
That they would possible be older vessels returned to service in a hurry with a large gun welded on in a hurry (possibly a thanatos or older vessel such as a transport)
Also due to their refitted nature they should not have a slip space drive and is locked in system possibly tied to a space station or the likes.

I key features
MAC gun with 30 second cool down.
Quick production time.
Defencive buff
limited Anti fighter defenses.

http://en.wikipedia....nitor_(warship)

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I can MAYBE see this as an Insurrectionist ship, possibly an older version of the thanatos like you said, except far older. Other than that, the UNSC doesnt really have a use for a ship that is confined to a single gravity well like this because SMACs.

#3 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

There's a point where we have to stop accepting suggestions if we ever want to get things done. The UNSC ship roster was just finished, but thanks for your input anyways.

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

There's a point where we have to stop accepting suggestions if we ever want to get things done. The UNSC ship roster was just finished, but thanks for your input anyways.

Ah! not again, oh well maybe next time.
maybe i will lear to mod and mini mod this in or something.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users