sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Really...?
People are too lazy to type into Google...?

To be fair, Googling something is more than just typing it in. You have to figure out the link and click it too. Not... That... I approve of that laziness...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#42 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

Really...?
People are too lazy to type into Google...?

You really don't know lazy until you've met me. Unless it's something I enjoy like benching or football or something I'm motivated to do it is impossible to make me do anything. I do not care.
I'm going to be stubborn about this and wait until something replies with what it is.
How many hunnas? #threehunnas
  • CanadaMan7 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#43 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

Chiefship promised to teach me how to play.
I'm still holding him to that.

if you have time on the weekend we could play some trainings matches

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#44 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

You really don't know lazy until you've met me. Unless it's something I enjoy like benching or football or something I'm motivated to do it is impossible to make me do anything. I do not care.
I'm going to be stubborn about this and wait until something replies with what it is.
How many hunnas? #threehunnas

Ok so basically this game is a strategy game in which you and your friends have sticks. Now these sticks are really important. They represent guns, with which you use to pretend to do harm upon your fictional foes. Before that however you must tactically move your friends to strategically important areas that can be defended against your enemies who are trying to kill you with their sticks.

All in all a pretty complicated game, but I'm not gonna mince words with you. It's more about the macro level of strategy play which you gotta worry about. Because your friends are smart enough to use their rocks instead of their sticks when the situation calls for such an action.

The best part of the game is the scale, you can play with up to 5 and a half people in an area about the size of a volleyball court, making your strategic decisions that much more important. Pro tip: don't hit the net.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#45 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:35 AM

Ok so basically this game is a strategy game in which you and your friends have sticks. Now these sticks are really important. They represent guns, with which you use to pretend to do harm upon your fictional foes. Before that however you must tactically move your friends to strategically important areas that can be defended against your enemies who are trying to kill you with their sticks.

All in all a pretty complicated game, but I'm not gonna mince words with you. It's more about the macro level of strategy play which you gotta worry about. Because your friends are smart enough to use their rocks instead of their sticks when the situation calls for such an action.

The best part of the game is the scale, you can play with up to 5 and a half people in an area about the size of a volleyball court, making your strategic decisions that much more important. Pro tip: don't hit the net.

BUT WHERE DOES THE "AIR" IN THE TITLE FIT IN? WHERE??

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#46 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

^This
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#47 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:25 AM

The fact you have helicopters and jet aircraft in the mix.

Jets weren't in the original Wargame: European Escalation.

Damn you could have watched like 20 trailers and read 10 Articles in the time it took to get a response from us.

#48 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Ah.... crap.. uhm... paper airplanes...  and...uh.. bottle rockets?

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#49 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

thats why i love this game its like a real battlefield tanks shooting jets flying overhead this game replaces my favorite 

which was world in conflict 

#50 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

Chief and myself:

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#51 chiefship

chiefship

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

ahm, another tipp for you, if you see that the enemy concentrates tanks, aa and inf in an area, you should improve your defens (like in charlie)! And you should send your challenger at the front, because  they are not a great help in your base.

Spoiler

#52 Mrbump

Mrbump

Crewman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

This game looks and sounds fun, where can i buy it?

#53 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

This game looks and sounds fun, where can i buy it?

Steam

Spoiler

Spoiler

#54 Mrbump

Mrbump

Crewman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

I don't use steam because it's useless to me.

#55 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

In an ideal world bumpy would have 24/7 internet connection, but is limited to a 4 hour slot each day.

And even then the internet where he is is worse than dial up speed.

You see he has to use a wired connection on his laptop, then rather than going straight to the internet, it goes to an MOD computer so they have a copy of his data, then its checked by a piece of software that confirms that he isn't giving out data he isn't supposed too, then the data is split in half, then both bits are encrypted, one goes under the Atlantic to the UK, while the other one goes to a satellite then it does a check for Data that could harm the computer on the satellite or back in Britain, then it goes through a satellite network doing said checks all the way, then down to the UK, then to GCHQ so they have a copy, do a check, then is put back together with the other data, then back to GCHQ, they get another copy, and do another check to make sure he doesn't say anything he isn't supposed to, then it goes to a ghost server- kind of like a proxy, so nobody can trace you're address, then it goes to the inter webs.

If he was to download a 10gb game on steam it would take him about 700 years.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#56 chiefship

chiefship

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

you forgot that the NSA also creates 1-2 copies ...

Spoiler

#57 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

He better get going then.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#58 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

reminds me of that old console comparison, something like it would take the NES several hundred years to render one frame of a ps4 game, or something to that effect.

#59 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

reminds me of that old console comparison, something like it would take the NES several hundred years to render one frame of a ps4 game, or something to that effect.

That's actually really funny. Amazing how far we've come in the last 20 years

Spoiler

Spoiler

#60 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

I'm in if this is still going same if any of you do Red Dragon.

PS i call dibs on BEST KOREA :D if you guys do RD as well

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users