#1 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Link to this...kinda thing. I can't even call it a game.

Seriously? I mean, did we really need this? A crappy game, on a crappy tablet, which ruins all the Halo saga? Now Halo is going to be known to the most like "Halo? Oh yes that game on my mobile, yeah well I got bored in an hour." Halo revolutionized the FPS genre for console, I think it doesn't deserve this humiliation.

• Commander Jbug likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#2 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

It was bound to happen. It's a very quick easy buck to make with the growth of the mobile games industry.

We don't need this, but there's a crowd out there very willing to get it regardless.

Gaming on cell phones and tablets (Android/Window mobile OS) is growing pretty damn fast.

- Razer Tablet

- Nvidia Shield

- Oyua

I am still waiting for the tablet that is as powerful as a fully rigged PC in future's time. The Razer is a decently rigged PC in a tablet already just really expensive. Because it will happen. Just a matter of waiting.

Halo 5 on Window's Tablets. Calling it now unless they make it console exclusive.

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

It was bound to happen. It's a very quick easy buck to make with the growth of the mobile games industry.

We don't need this, but there's a crowd out there very willing to get it regardless.

This is why I hate the whole world. Don't get me wrong, I hate ignorant people, while I respect smart people. But honestly I rarely see one.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

You know what I hate? Snobby "intellectuals" who think everyone needs to game on very expensive machines with top notch graphics. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as it doesn't negatively impact the development of new Halo console games.

A crappy game, on a crappy tablet, which ruins all the Halo saga?

Don't be so over dramatic. Sheesh. Halo fans are some of the most whiney folks in any fandom.

• Defender0, MrChipps, HTRK74JR and 1 other like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

You seem to be forgetting about CoD.

• sloosecannon, JasonAHawkins and PrestonCole like this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#6 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Windows phone 8 and windows 8... LOLNOPE.

Anyways... Yeah this sounds like a moneymaking scheme if I've ever seen one
  • SternuS likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#7 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

No Windows 7? Well fuck you too, Microsoft! 

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#8 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

You know what I hate? Snobby "intellectuals" who think everyone needs to game on very expensive machines with top notch graphics. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as it doesn't negatively impact the development of new Halo console games.

Don't be so over dramatic. Sheesh. Halo fans are some of the most whiney folks in any fandom.

Trust me, I'm no intellectual, and I totally don't care about graphics (Rome Total War is my favourite RTS, just look at its graphics).  And I'm not whining about Halo, at all. This game may have the best story a Halo ever had so far, and I really wouldn't care. It's Microsoft. Their business market is always more important than the developers. Ensemble tried to make an RTS about Halo, and they fired them. Now 343i is trying to launch a mobile title about Halo, but this time I know it'll work, and this way 343i will be occupied in making stupid and boring games (because admit it, every game on a mobile is boring and pretty silly) instead of focusing in making a decent game. This is why they'll ruin Halo: they'll think that everybody is fine with a good multiplayer and a not-so-good campaign, and they're RIGHT, because 80% of the Halo fans play it for it's multiplayer, while they will be focusing in this horrible kinda spin-off.

Now I do understand why Bungie left. They made the right choice, they decided to not ruin the universe they created only to satisfy Microsoft's voracity.

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

You seem to think that people who are capable of making mobile games are the same folks making games on the xbox platform. Those areas of expertise really do not cross over. It's likely they've hired out a smaller company to do this.

• HTRK74JR likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

This is why I hate the whole world. Don't get me wrong, I hate ignorant people, while I respect smart people. But honestly I rarely see one.

Windows phone 8 and windows 8... LOLNOPE.

Anyways... Yeah this sounds like a moneymaking scheme if I've ever seen one

Trust me, I'm no intellectual, and I totally don't care about graphics (Rome Total War is my favourite RTS, just look at its graphics).  And I'm not whining about Halo, at all. This game may have the best story a Halo ever had so far, and I really wouldn't care. It's Microsoft. Their business market is always more important than the developers. Ensemble tried to make an RTS about Halo, and they fired them. Now 343i is trying to launch a mobile title about Halo, but this time I know it'll work, and this way 343i will be occupied in making stupid and boring games (because admit it, every game on a mobile is boring and pretty silly) instead of focusing in making a decent game. This is why they'll ruin Halo: they'll think that everybody is fine with a good multiplayer and a not-so-good campaign, and they're RIGHT, because 80% of the Halo fans play it for it's multiplayer, while they will be focusing in this horrible kinda spin-off.

Now I do understand why Bungie left. They made the right choice, they decided to not ruin the universe they created only to satisfy Microsoft's voracity.

As I've said, word for word, since I can't figure out how the fuck to quote from a different thread, I think Microsoft's perfectly capable of alienating the 'hardcore' demographic without a second glance. And why get sore? It's market forces, it's out of your control. If they can make more money another way than the way you're proposing, they're going to do it. Instead, vote with your dollar and don't buy the system. But never make it a moral thing; money, social rules, and the law always win out.

• sloosecannon, D4RKST0RM99 and SternuS like this

#11 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Honestly, that looks kind of sick. I could definitely see myself playing that on a plane or something.

• Unikraken, HTRK74JR, PrestonCole and 2 others like this

yLM4TEk.png

#12 Wolf186

Wolf186

GRRRRRR! RUFF!!

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Unless it comes to Iphone/Ipod, I won't ever play it. I still think Windows 8 suck.

• Commander Jbug likes this

#13 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

As I've said, word for word, since I can't figure out how the fuck to quote from a different thread, I think Microsoft's perfectly capable of alienating the 'hardcore' demographic without a second glance. And why get sore? It's market forces, it's out of your control. If they can make more money another way than the way you're proposing, they're going to do it. Instead, vote with your dollar and don't buy the system. But never make it a moral thing; money, social rules, and the law always win out.

Oh absolutely. I hate it, but I'm not surprised.
The very fact that they're restricting it to a single platform is what makes it seem like a scheme to me. As a app developer myself, I know it's not extremely difficult to build apps for multiple platforms (programming wise... Fees and other crap is a whole different story...)
It may be an excellent game, but I know I won't be getting it. Simply because I have serious problems with how Microsoft's approached Windows 8. Heck, I didn't even have an xbox for the longest times because I thought/think consoles are a poor design. That said though, I bet a majority of the Halo fans (and probably a reasonable percentage of our own demographic here) are going to get it because, as you said, they aren't the significantly smaller 'hardcore' demographic.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#14 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

...what the fuck happened while i was away??

For the record, im going to wait until more information comes out about the game, which is what everyone should be doing, instead of judging it based on the platform. Windows 8 may blow, but it CAN run games. Theres the possibility that the game could be a decent game for what platforms it is based on.

Now, if there is actual in game footage, please feel free to tell me about it and link me to it. Otherwise, dont be a pussy because of the platform or where the halo series is, supposedly, going.
  • HTRK74JR and ahunter257 like this

#15 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

I run windows 8, and i personally love it, it is much quicker than windows 7 IMHO. Will i be getting this game? Hell yes. Will i be buying XboxOne? Hell no.

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this
Spoiler

#16 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

They are just accommodating the casual gaming demographic, the majority. The reality is Hard Core gamers are minority of gamers now and are the ones who will pissed about this.

I honestly will get this if it is release for Windows 7, screw 8.

It will be interesting to see how this year plays out, we are on the pinnacle of a new age of gaming. Not a new generation but a new age and the choices both the industry and the consumers make now are positioned to set the standards and the practices for some time come.

This is all my opinion but as I said, it will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#17 Burny007

Burny007

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

I personally will give it a go. looks fun. Will help pass the time when I only have access to the phone (yes I have a windows phone and I do enjoy it. Damn thing has stood fast and not let me down). Being a Halo story nut does help draw me in as well.

Although from previous experiences I will wait till release and hopefully have a go before I give the final judgement. That'll teach me for Pre-ordering. Especially BF3 and MoH.

Also on the Xbox One subject there seems to be a lot of judgment  about the system without people even having touched it. Yeah Im going to cut myself off here. This will get out of control other wise. 

#18 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

I personally think that it looks better than Halo Wars.  They certainly can't do much worse than that game.

Posted Image

#19 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

Actually I liked Halo Wars. It was fun to play. Heck, it IS fun to play.

I'm not judging the game, I don't really care about it, I'm judging Microsoft and their way to sell things:

That's why I hate it, it's out of my control. And trust me, I won't buy the system at all.

#20 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I personally think that it looks better than Halo Wars. They certainly can't do much worse than that game.

lolwut?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users