Make DLC for the SOTP Mod?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I know you modders are busy living your lives and working on this when you can but... just hear me out. When you manage to get a point of total completion ( after possibly forerunners are released or once covenant are completely done and released) you could work on options for the Mod like DLC, say a version that has certain characteristics or certain ships, ( I know in the maelstrom mod they had two versions, one with the titans, and one without). Just saying this as a thought.

"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#2 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

It be an alternative addon.

Very last thing on anyone's mind. Don't worry about till it's actually complete. Even then I don't see much point in doing so. Since there is a balancing with current techs and units. Having multiple addons means you would have to balance with each one.

• Unikraken likes this

#3 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Also the more modular we make the mod the more it divides the multiplayer community. With a community as small as ours we can't afford to do that.

#4 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

DLC for a mod? A mod is DLC.

• sloosecannon, JasonAHawkins, Defender0 and 3 others like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

DLC for a mod? A mod is DLC.

LMFAO!

• sloosecannon and Defender0 like this

#6 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I come back to look at this and think to myself... "jesus fucking christ how many beers did I have before posting this?"

"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#7 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I think the entire question of mod support for The DLC is a non issue right now. The covenant arent even ready for release, and the rebellion conversion is months away. I have not yet gotten the DLC, as my internet is currently being installed, so i cannot give my opinion on it and say whether or not the mod should support it. However, i will be getting it later today and trying it out, so ill be able to give my opinion then.

#8 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think the entire question of mod support for The DLC is a non issue right now. The covenant arent even ready for release, and the rebellion conversion is months away. I have not yet gotten the DLC, as my internet is currently being installed, so i cannot give my opinion on it and say whether or not the mod should support it. However, i will be getting it later today and trying it out, so ill be able to give my opinion then.

Defender... re-read the OP
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#9 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Defender... re-read the OP

Besides that no topic's off limits. The thread can always be referenced later. There is a small risk of it being buried out of temporal irrelevancy, however.

#10 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

...ok, ill try to rephrase what i meant. We have several months to see whether or not the public wants the mod to support the DLC.

#11 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

...ok, ill try to rephrase what i meant. We have several months to see whether or not the public wants the mod to support the DLC.

he's talking about DLC for SOTP. Not the rebellion DLC. Re-read the OP's post ;)
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#12 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

he's talking about DLC for SOTP. Not the rebellion DLC. Re-read the OP's post ;)

oh

ewwwwwwwww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users