• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

In regards to the recent video Canadaman posted on moddb about the flood, I noticed that the flood fleets begin with ships from both factions. Now I was wondering will the flood controlled ships have less HP or armor?

Why do I ask this? Well, because every time you see a flood controlled ship or anything that flies really, the are terrible at maintaining the ship, as they always look like moldy cheese after the flood get done with them, and god awful at flying.

EVERY single ship you see the flood take control of in the Halo games they end up crashing it into something. In Amber Clad, crashed. All those pelicans from the aforementioned ship, crashed into High Charity. That random Covie ship in halo 3 that pops in from nowhere after the portal opens, they immediately crash it. High Charity? Well the Gravemind wanted to get an upgrade on his ship status so what did he do? Well it turns out he crashed the entire station/ship thingy into the new halo the ark was building. He crashed High Charity, Why? So he could live on a halo, or something. Actually wait, I'm not actually sure he crashed High Charity into the halo or did he crash it into the Ark. Anyways . . it wouldn't stand to reason that flood are either terrible pilots or they just don't give a crap, or they realize that crashing would be a far more effective strategy than    .  . . . not crashing?

So . . . back on point. I realize that you guys are primarily working on the Covenant, but was just wondering if you have any plans on making flood controlled ships take on a      more . . . flood like quality, than be basically just a captured ship.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#42 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

this is true, all of the flood ships have been nerfed in all aspects, and some have recieved heavy nerfs

#43 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

My reaction still to this day when the flood are on the hunt

• Emberblaque, XtremeRoflcopter and Ryae like this

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#44 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Oh, the flood will be getting sexy custom models. Trust me on that one.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#45 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok, cool beans.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#46 Ryae

Ryae

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

So when do the Flood usually start appearing? I'm thinking about going against them in a medium map.

#47 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Bounty countdown is about 20 minutes (I think) then it takes them a few minutes to reach you, varies from map to map but you're looking at 20-30 minutes into a game and about that for large attacks. That said, in the latest version, you're not just worrying about the raids anymore, to a point, they're the least of your worries.

#48 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Bounty countdown is about 20 minutes (I think) then it takes them a few minutes to reach you, varies from map to map but you're looking at 20-30 minutes into a game and about that for large attacks. That said, in the latest version, you're not just worrying about the raids anymore, to a point, they're the least of your worries.

First one is longer. After that they're like 5 minutes apart. But yeah, you have a while at the start... Better hope you took em out, or you're having a really, really bad day...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#49 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere the fun stays

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

One thing I have to say about the flood, I like what I saw in one of the gameplay videos, where they could capture a planet, had auto explore, & would get immediate reinforcements on capture. One thing I'd like to know, are the capable of star and wormhole travel(not to mention is that possible?)

#50 VDNKh

VDNKh

Creator of Worlds

• Inactive Staff
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

One thing I have to say about the flood, I like what I saw in one of the gameplay videos, where they could capture a planet, had auto explore, & would get immediate reinforcements on capture. One thing I'd like to know, are the capable of star and wormhole travel(not to mention is that possible?)

As of right now stars yes but not wormholes. Good point though I guess wormhole travel would be scary.

• Vrishnak92 likes this
"Well if the AI is so retarded the answer is simple, just make the player dumber too."

- Ancient Modding Proverb

#51 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere the fun stays

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

Ahh, ok... I got some more questions about it, but I'd rather do it on a live chat(like steam, where I've sent a friend request already) mainly so I can plan for a custom map that has popped into my head

#52 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ahh, ok... I got some more questions about it, but I'd rather do it on a live chat(like steam, where I've sent a friend request already) mainly so I can plan for a custom map that has popped into my head

Post the questions here, others may also want the answer.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#53 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

Trying to fight the Flood with frigate spam is madness.

Instead, make sure you have ships capable of AoE damage effects and surround them with a tanking fleet to keep the flood off for a few seconds. Keeping a fleet small and easily under control is paramount to success in most UNSC/Flood engagements.

Now though the idea is Mako patrols with upgraded autocannons to counter them. Ironic how the ship that was almost never used became one of the most potent defenses to the flood. 

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#54 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wait the mako was never used.... When was this?

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#55 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Wait the mako was never used.... When was this?

Since the massive bomber nerf... lol. I think Mr Magical Balance Man has fixed or is going to fix that...

• XtremeRoflcopter likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#56 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

No one told rovert that. And rofl might want to double check it anyway with some changes that have been made due the (REDACTED) strike craft (REDACTED) on the (REDACTED).
Spoiler

#57 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Like sloose said ever since the nerfing I didn't see much purpose for the mako until the flood got it's changes. 

#58 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

• Contributor
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

So when do the Flood usually start appearing? I'm thinking about going against them in a medium map.

It depends really. If a flood raid is launched against you I have seen the raiding fleets be torn to ribbons by the milita fleets since they ignore them until they reach their target. Which is something that can be looked at since if a custom map were made and the flood had to go through different colonizable planets to reach a target they could either A be wiped out before getting there or B only have a fraction of the actual raiding fleet arrive to the target. The point is that the flood become more of a threat the farther you expand since you will likely be getting closer and closer to them meaning more of their ships can to your worlds to consume your little empire. 

#59 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Rofl PM me and I'll explain it I don't want to discuss some of the changes that have been made in the public section. You feed back will useful for the changes.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users