45 replies to this topic

#1 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

So I really don't have much idea on the current state of the UNSC Infinity in the mod progress but I do have some ideas for some of their abilities.

The titans in rebellion all come with 7 upgrade areas, 4 are abilities that can be used and 3 are just upgrades to weapons and such.

http://halo.wikia.co...i/UNSC_Infinity - wiki page

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vc3ktEpgRI8 - video of Infinity Entering Combat.

I can't acutally made upgrade tables and what not because I don't have the base stats of the mods Infinity but as time passes I can increase the details on the most favored ideas. I will place emphasis on the best abilities and those that balance the Infinity as a power house and fleet command vessel, as well as those that would made the most sense from Halo Lore. Also these are just ideas and anything and everything is subject to change, in fact beside having good ideas, I have no sway over anything the modding team is does. (Though I would be quite proud if my ideas do make it into the game in some form or another)

* indicate the best ones for Infinity, in my opinion.

For the  Abilities (4) 

Cool Down Abilities 

Spartan IV assault - Spartan Landing parties that speed up ground bombardments  (faster than other ships abilities of similar type)

Missile Barrage - Large amounts of hurt in a massive barrage, targets multiple enemy ships in range

Frigate Support/ Strident Class Support - Launches Multiple UNSC Strident CLass Frigates stored aboard Infinity for additional firepower and support. These advanced frigates are equipped with forerunner tech including advanced armor alloys and energy shields. (for Each level, 2/4/6. Antimatter and resource cost for permanet frigates or just antimatter cost but only for 180 duration and 200 cooldown)

Over-Charged MAC (v1) - Fires several over charged MAC rounds that deals immense amounts of damage

*Pin Point Slip Jump (v1)- Advanced forerunner engines allow the Infinity to make extremely accurate in system jumps

*Pride of the UNSC/ To the Brink (v1) - The crew and ship are pushed to the limits, allowing for increase damage, repair, decreased ability cool downs, and speed. (Infinity should be at least lvl 6+ before it gets to have this ability)

Skilled Repair Crews - These men and women of the Engineering Corps keep the Infinity operational even in the worst of battles. (Massive repair speed boost and shield recharge rates, as well as faster strike craft production)

*Overcharge (v2) - The Power  to the MACs  magnetic Fields is pushed beyond their "safe" limits yielding one incredibly powerful shot capable of destroying all but the most powerful Covenant Vessels even at extreme ranges. (Long Range Sniping Ability, even more boosted than the previously mentioned mac ability)

*Pride of the UNSC/ This Far no Farther (v2) -All UNSC ships in system are inspired to push their crew and ship to the limits, allowing for fleet wide buffs to weapon and ability cool downs, and repair rates. (This is effectively v1 changed to include all ships in the same system)

*Spartan IV Boarding Parties - Spartans are sent out to infiltrate all nearby enemy vessels, disabling weapons, knocking out shields, and any other type of mayhem Spartans do best   dramatically increasing the damage these ships take. (This randomly disables systems of any nearby enemy ship, taking out weapons, shields, engines, slip-space drives, antimatter restoration, repair rates, abilities, ect ect....)

Constant Abilities

*AI MAC Cordination - With the help of Infinity's AI fleet targeting solutions are uploaded to all near by UNSC ships, increasing their range and accuracy.  

Could Fall Under either  (Depending on balancing Issues)

*Instilling Fear/ Fear the UNSC  - The very presence of the Infinity instills fear in all but the most battle hardened Covenant Crews, increasing their weapon cool down and decreasing their speed. (targets only frigates and cruisers, not capital ships and titans)

Pin Point Slip Jump (v2) - Advanced knowledge of slip space allows the Infinity to jump to any planet known to the UNSC in the same star system (Kinda like the phase networks)

For the Upgrades (3)

Improved Shielding - Better understanding of Forerunner and Covenant Shielding technology allows engineers to greatly improve the shielding on UNSC's most powerful warship.

Additional Armor Plating - One can never have enough Titanium A plating, and no cost is spared for the UNSC's most prized vessel. (Increases Armor Value and HP)

*Improved Survivability   - Through both better shielding and increased amount of armor, the Infinity can take vastly more damage. (Just Improved Sheilding and Armor Plating Upgrades Combined)

Magnetic Field Upgrade - With better Magnetic Fields MAC rounds can be propelled at speeds never before reached, increasing their already incredibly firepower. (Just MAC cannon boost)

*Superior Firepower - Through many minor weapon upgrades and intensive gunnery crew training, the Infinity can deal more damage in less time then ever before. (Boost to Accuracy, Weapon Cool downs, and/ or damage)

Enhanced Power Routing - More efficient power control allows Infinity to spend less energy on its Abilities (Decreases ability cool down times and/or reduced antimatter use per ability)

Enhanced Power Capacity  - Allows Infinty to store more power for use around the ship. (Increase antimatter storage and replenish rate)

*Enhanced Power System - More efficient power control as well as improvements to power output allows Infinity to perform more operations simultaneously. (The other 2 power abilities combined) 

Possible-Less-Balanced-But-More-Awesome Ability Attempt 2 

Overcharge  (v2) - While not an energy projector this is a one-shoting covie sniper, think Ranarov but better looking. This brings the thunder while striking faster than lighting.

Pin Point Slip Jump (v1) - In conjunction with the spartan boarding parties, Infinity now can jump straight into an enemy fleet and disable them, right before the main fleet arrives to blow massive chucks outa some covie/ forerunner/ everything scum. Or in less than optimal situations instant retreat button, but you'll probably not need it.

Spartan IV Boarding Parties - Still getting the spartans but a much more worthy ability for a Titan. Allows the Infinity to partially disable large parts of an enemy fleet at once. Turning the tides on the enemy with some of the greatest troops the UNSC has to offer.

Pride of the UNSC (v2) - This not only buffs the Infinity but all UNSC ships nearby to deal increased amounts of damage and destruction, in turn with parts of the enemy fleet sitting helpless in the water ( er space) from the Spartan IVs many many enemy ships will fall without so much as a whisper.

Improved Survivability - Effectively what all rebellion Titans had just renamed and with a cool description.

Superior Firepower - Effectively what all rebellion Titans had just renamed and with a cool description.

Enhanced Power System - Effectively what all rebellion Titans had just renamed and with a cool description.

Okay This is my first attempt at picking Abilities (The hard Part)/ Upgrades (Easy Part)  for the Covenant Titan, for comparison. I was going for a ship that will go in balls deep and destroy everything.

Spoiler

Infinity's Quotes - Cause every ship needs cool (or somewhat) phases for everything it does

"Admiral, UNSC Infinity awaiting order"

"Pride of the UNSC, Infinity is yours to command"

"Aye, Aye, the Covenant won't know what hit them"

"MAC cannons are at 200%.... Fire"

"Prepare for Emergency Slip-space Jump!"

"All Stations Prepare for Slip-space"

"All right Spartans, do your worst!........ Horaaaaa!"

I hope the modders take a peak and take my suggestions, hopefully with more details on the titans and the rebellion version in general I can start putting numbers and stats on the best abilities. 

Edit: Lol already have a nick-name. Hope my Ideas help, from what I can tell the modders haven't reached the Titan phase yet and certainly not its balancing, so I am hoping I can help with ideas and what not. If I knew the Covie/ Forerunner Titan I could do some research and come up with ideas for them, though maybe I can help pick them out too........ IDEA TIME!

Edit2: Well I going to guess it will be the CAS-class assault carrier as its almost identical in length to the Infinity. 

http://www.halopedia...assault_carrier

#2 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Energy projectors could be another ability, it seems that since they were used once they need long charge times but are powerful enough to blast through forerunner armour so must be pretty powerful.

Spoiler

#3 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Energy projectors could be another ability, it seems that since they were used once they need long charge times but are powerful enough to blast through forerunner armour so must be pretty powerful.

Yeah, I'd say the energy projectors should be an ability. MACs, Missiles, and AAA are the weapon-types of the day.

• Defender0 likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#4 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm seriously impressed at the thought gone into this. Nicely balanced canon and features already in the game. I think your preferred combination works well and we could do a lot worse, but I feel the final two abilities are a bit meh. 3rd is pretty much in place from other ships and while the 4th is good, it doesn't feel epic enough for a Titan. 

I would say 3rd should be energy projectors and reserve 4th for something truly awesome. Alternatively, put projectors as 4th and that mini-jump one as 3rd, though I'm not sure how the Majestic, Lore-Hungry Unikraken will take that.

#5 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Just to let people know, that an Energy Projector ability can be made that not only does it hit the target and damage. Everything along the line to the target is also damaged. So it'll literally blast everything in its path.

#6 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Alright Alright, I'll See what I can do about boosting the abilities.

#7 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

New Ability Set with the description of each ability

Possible-Less-Balanced-But-More-Awesome Ability Attempt 2

(Ordering can be subject to change, well actually so can the abilities and what they do.... oh you get the idea everything here can be changed, so ha ;) )

Ability 1 - Overcharge (v2) (Major Firepower Boost)- The Power  to the MACs  magnetic Fields is pushed beyond their "safe" limits yielding one incredibly powerful shot capable of destroying all but the most powerful Covenant Vessels even at extreme ranges. (Long Range Sniping Ability, even more boosted than the previously mentioned mac ability)

Ability 2 - Pin Point Slip Jump (v1) (Mobility Enhancer)- Advanced forerunner engines allow the Infinity to make extremely accurate in system jumps

Ability 3 - Spartan IV Boarding Parties (Enemy Fleet Dis-abler) - Spartans are sent out to infiltrate all nearby enemy vessels, disabling weapons, knocking out shields, and any other type of mayhem Spartans do best   dramatically increasing the damage these ships take. (This randomly disables systems of any nearby enemy ship, taking out weapons, shields, engines, slip-space drives, antimatter restoration, repair rates, abilities, ect ect....)

Ability 4 - Pride of the UNSC/ This Far no Farther (v2) (The Fleet Support) - All UNSC ships in system are inspired to push their crew and ship to the limits, allowing for fleet wide buffs to weapon and ability cool downs, and repair rates. (This is effectively v1 changed to include all ships in the same system)

Upgrade 1 - Improved Survivability   - Through both better shielding and increased amount of armor, the Infinity can take vastly more damage.

Upgrade 2 - Superior Firepower - Through many minor weapon upgrades and intensive gunnery crew training, the Infinity can deal more damage in less time then ever before. (Boost to Accuracy, Weapon Cool downs, and/ or damage)

Upgrade 3 - Enhanced Power Systems - More efficient power control as well as improvements to power output allows Infinity to perform more operations simultaneously.

Why I think they are a great new combo that hopefully will quench your blood lust

Overcharge  (v2)- While not an energy projector this is a one-shoting covie sniper, think Ranarov but better looking. This brings the thunder while striking faster than lighting.

Pin Point Slip Jump (v1) - In conjunction with the spartan boarding parties, Infinity now can jump straight into an enemy fleet and disable them, right before the main fleet arrives to blow massive chucks outa some covie/ forerunner/ everything scum. Or in less than optimal situations instant retreat button, but you'll probably not need it.

Spartan Boarding Parties - Still getting the spartans but a much more worthy ability for a Titan. Allows the Infinity to partially disable large parts of an enemy fleet at once. Turning the tides on the enemy with some of the greatest troops the UNSC has to offer.

Pride of the UNSC (v2) - This not only buffs the Infinity but all UNSC ships nearby to deal increased amounts of damage and destruction, in turn with parts of the enemy fleet sitting helpless in the water ( er space) many many enemy ships will fall without so much as a whisper.

• MrChipps likes this

#8 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Now THAT sounds like the Infinity-style epicness from lore!

Sweden can into gender!

#9 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Now THAT sounds like the Infinity-style epicness from lore!

thanks  :)

#10 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Couldn't be the frigate ability a passive one and upgradeable?

e.g. like a carrier with +1 frigate and faster rebuilding time with every upgrade?

And the player chooses which frigate he wants to build?

Like a Berlin for attacking planets.

Or a Paris-Class for firepower.

Or the Mako for anti-fighter support.

Can't hurt the balance in the stadium of the game when you are able to build titans

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#11 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Okay This is my first attempt at picking Abilities (The hard Part)/ Upgrades (Easy Part)  for the Covenant Titan, for comparison. I was going for a ship that will go in balls deep and destroy everything.

Spoiler

#12 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

So anymore feedback? More Abilities? Tweaks?

#13 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Infinity ability - Strident Support: The Infinity calls in for support, resulting in 2 strident-class frigates jumping into the gravity well at a cost of resources and anti-matter.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

a cost of resources and anti-matter.

For all intents and purposes, you can only use one cost...

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#15 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

For all intents and purposes, you can only use one cost...

Doesn't an active ability use antimatter anyway?

Ah, no, sorry, I see what you're saying.

#16 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Infinity ability - Strident Support: The Infinity calls in for support, resulting in 2 strident-class frigates jumping into the gravity well at a cost of resources and anti-matter.

Can't missile turret deployment like on the Sova spawn frigates instead right next to the ship?

#17 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Can't missile turret deployment like on the Sova spawn frigates instead right next to the ship?

I believe so, also one of the Advent Carrier could clone a few frigates to add to the fight.

Spartan Ops video of the Infinity entering combat.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vc3ktEpgRI8

#18 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I believe so, also one of the Advent Carrier could clone a few frigates to add to the fight.

You mean the vasari Skirantra carrier

#19 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

You mean the vasari Skirantra carrier

Yes Yes I do, the Advent carrier did...... and Instant Strike craft launch....  lol

#20 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Infinity's Quotes - Cause every ship needs cool (or somewhat) phases for everything it does

"Admiral, UNSC Infinity awaiting order"

"Pride of the UNSC, Infinity is yours to command"

"Aye, Aye, the Covenant won't know what hit them"

"MAC cannons are at 200%.... Fire"

"Prepare for Emergency Slip-space Jump!"

"All Stations Prepare for Slip-space"

"All right Spartans, do your worst!........ Horaaaaa!"

I was thinking since the Infinity is so prolific its lines should be a mix match of some of the most prolific quotes from Halo. It would also be a great for hardcore fans.

E.g:
"When I shipped out for basic I didn't think I'd be flying something likes this."
"If they want war, we'll give them war." (selection)
"Dear Humanity, We regret being alien bastards, We regret coming to Earth! And we most definitely regret that the corps is going to blow up our raggedy ass fleet."
"Watch what one unworthy human ship can do!" (attack)
"You know our motto." RIP Foehammer :( (selection)
"Send me out... with a bang." (Destruction)
"Sir, we are going to finish this fight." (Selection/attack)
"This ship wasn't designed to turn on a dime." Foehammer!!! Oh god why??? (Selection)
"Dear Admiral: kicking ass in outer space, wish you were here.", "I heard that...jackass!" (On Selection)
"Thought I'd try shooting my way out, mix things up a little" (Attacking)
"Helljumper, helljumper, where you been?" (Planet attack)
"This thing is falling apart.", "It'll hold." (Near destruction)
"If you want to keep your crew inside your ship I'd tell these boys to chill!" (attacked/attacking)
"Hooorah"
"Now would be a very good time to leave!" (Near destruction)
"We're disengaged. Goin' fer minimum safe distance." (Slipspace maybe)
“This is the culmination of human achievement." (Construction)

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users