113 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've seen some pretty interesting names here and I'm wondering how people got them.

I got Commander Jbug when I made my Xbox Live account 5 years ago. Some people used to call me J-bug and I liked playing RTS games so I combined the 2.

What about you guys?
  • DGaius likes this

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#2 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

gosh gee.

#3 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://starwars.wiki.../TIE/D_Defender

this is the TIE Defender. It is one of the most powerful fighter/bomber units in the game Star Wars Empire at War, the first game i ever played online. My name is taken from it. After i stopped playing that game online, the name stuck, and i decided not to change it.

best part is most people think i "Defend" stuff XD

#4 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

When I was about ten years old my best friend's entire family played EverQuest liberally. I made a human shadowknight and needed a name, so my best friend's dad came up with Emberblaque. I've used it as my online identity since.

#5 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

http://starwars.wiki.../TIE/D_Defender

this is the TIE Defender. It is one of the most powerful fighter/bomber units in the game Star Wars Empire at War, the first game i ever played online. My name is taken from it. After i stopped playing that game online, the name stuck, and i decided not to change it.

best part is most people think i "Defend" stuff XD

EAW is great man! One of my first RTS games...

So, a long time ago in a galaxy... state... far away, we had a school forum in middle school (bad idea? Yes.)
So I decided to be "loosecannon"

Now, later, I went to the great internet. Oh, woe is me, "loosecannon" is taken. Wait, genius idea! Take the S from Steven, and put it in front! s+loosecannon=sloosecannon! GENIUS.

That was about 7th grade.
  • DGaius likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#6 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

EAW is great man! One of my first RTS games...

EaW is what got me into RTS games actually :P
  • DGaius likes this

#7 I Am Sancho

I Am Sancho

Audio Director

• Mod Staff
  • 341 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

When I was first learning how to play Dota about 4 years ago (on WC III) my buddies and I were all watching Orgazmo the movie. I was creating my account just as the character Sancho came on. I've been in love with it ever sense.
  • DGaius likes this
Posted Image

#8 Wolf186

Wolf186

GRRRRRR! RUFF!!

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

My favorite animal has been the wolf, ever since I saw one when I was young, it has been the most beautiful and most amazing wild animal that I know about. The 186 came from me being the 186th player of a closed beta for a long forgotten game.

#9 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

My favorite animal has been the wolf, ever since I saw one when I was young, it has been the most beautiful and most amazing wild animal that I know about. The 186 came from me being the 186th player of a closed beta for a long forgotten game.

What game?

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#10 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

What game?

IT'S LONG FORGOTTEN

#11 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I got the moniker "Canada Man" in 10th grade or so when I was just a young pup in DECA on the annual field trip to Washington, DC. The marketing lads and ladies were a wild group, and it was certain that a brutally fun party would be ahead. I was not disappointed. Within the first night, Southern Comfort has transformed us from future business execs to barely functioning troglodytes. The first real party was called "CEOs AND OFFICE HOES" and though I forget the logic behind our alcohol riddled minds, we had to choose countries for our names. For the night, I was "Mr. Canada" and it seems that it stuck a bit. Probably helped that I peed off the roof unto the main lobby's ceiling window and pushed back women's rights 30 years that night.

The evolution of Mr. Canada to CanadaMan and then CanadaMan7 is irrelevant.
  • DGaius likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#12 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

The evolution of Mr. Canada to CanadaMan and then CanadaMan7 is irrelevant.

so is this entire topic XD

#13 Ulmont

Ulmont

Crewman Apprentice

• Inactive Staff
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDavis, California

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

A long time ago my mother's father's brother had a mule named Ulmont. My mother really liked that mule, as well has her uncle, so when she had a kid she named him Andrew Ulmont Weathers. Ulmont's an obscure enough name that it's almost never taken online, so I use it wherever I go, the added bonus being that its actually my name.

#14 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Back when I joined the RoosterTeeth community, I wanted a name that didn't have any numbers or unnecessary "X"s in it, so I chose Wikia. It's stuck with me in various versions of the name but it's stuck all the same.
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

#15 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Unikraken = Unicorn Kraken

One of my coworkers while I was in the air force was known for throwing out the most random shit when he was in the mood. We were all bullshitting one day and he threw it out at me and immediately the guys spun up a convoluted backstory for the Unikraken, and that our Staff Sgt was myself from the future, tormenting me in order to prepare me for a great battle that will destroy my body and turn me into the MechaKraken.

The Unikraken is a sea beast that capsizes ships in search of virgin maids and then stores them on an island where they worship him as a god.
  • DGaius and Fleet Admiral agigabyte like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#16 SpartanSlayer54

SpartanSlayer54

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

When I got my Xbox about 4 years ago I didn't have a live name, so I used slayer from my brothers email we were using and spartan from Halo 3. I stuck a 54 on there for unknown reasons.

Posted Image

I am The Monument To All Your Sins

#17 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow lol... These are fairly interesting
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#18 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Unikraken = Unicorn Kraken

One of my coworkers while I was in the air force was known for throwing out the most random shit when he was in the mood. We were all bullshitting one day and he threw it out at me and immediately the guys spun up a convoluted backstory for the Unikraken, and that our Staff Sgt was myself from the future, tormenting me in order to prepare me for a great battle that will destroy my body and turn me into the MechaKraken.

The Unikraken is a sea beast that capsizes ships in search of virgin maids and then stores them on an island where they worship him as a god.

well...not exactly what i expected lol
  • DGaius likes this

#19 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

well...not exactly what i expected lol

The Air Force gives you too much free time.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#20 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

The Air Force gives you too much free time.

clearly lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users