#81 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I wish you were my dad.

Imagine the internet karma I give as a fatherly ruffle of your hair when you get a base hit at your little league game.

yLM4TEk.png

#82 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Imagine the internet karma I give as a fatherly ruffle of your hair when you get a base hit at your little league game.

Some background to outside observers: my first name is Gram.

Now, speaking of Little League, my coach was normal with all of the kids except one, he was a total dick to his own son: Grant. My God, it was goddamn terrifying. I'd always run up to him like an idiot, and he'd just kinda grumble, "Oh, not you," half nice coach, half complete dickhead. 

#83 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

He never lived up to the expectations of his father. Such is life.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#84 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

My name is a modification of the first name I could think of when creating my online persona for the first time. Kevin ...... Kevik. Was just made to complain on the Civ5 forums for some tech glitches I was experiencing but I turned into a fairly large player on the forums after just a few months on the forums. The 70 part came from when I started playing my first MMO and regular Kevik was taken so I added my a variation on my favorite number 7 to the end. USe this name now for several online games including Steam profile, WoT, BSGO, War Thunder, and a few others.

#85 ARC 179

ARC 179

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAWOL

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

I was given my designation on Kamino. ARC stands for Advanced Recon Commando and 179 is my batch number, out of the 1000-2000 ARC's bred I'm number 179.

For reals I am a longtime fan of star wars and my first ever gamertag was ARC 170 I was pretty good at SW Battlerfront 2.When I made the jump to Xbox 170 was taken so I put in 179. Now I use this title for a various number of things not just xbox live.

Ex cineribus surgebaum

XBL GT: Same as username.

Commanding officer of the UNSC Buttmad

#86 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I was given my designation on Kamino. ARC stands for Advanced Recon Commando and 179 is my batch number, out of the 1000-2000 ARC's bred I'm number 179.

So basically, these people looked deep within your soul and assigned you a number based on the order you were born?

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#87 ARC 179

ARC 179

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAWOL

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

@ sloose if by those people you mean long necked idiotic kaminii then yeah. Hated those freaks, I was glad I was there when Kamino got burned by the Empire, sucks about the other clones though. More vode used by idiots to further their own agendas. 

Ex cineribus surgebaum

XBL GT: Same as username.

Commanding officer of the UNSC Buttmad

#88 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

Attention on the forums, attention on the forums. This topic has been recovered from the Great Purge.
That is all
*dtmf tones*
  • Unikraken, DGaius and SternuS like this
#define true false

Spoiler

#89 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

We should rename these threads "When the forums were lovely". Thanks Sloose for bringing this back, I actually never gave a catch to it, so I might start now.

For me it all starts with Halo CE. When a "profile" name was asked (more like, character name).

My name is Stefano, so my elder brother suggested it. My other elder brother suggested "Sterco" which means "excrements". I never wanted to disappoint either brother, so I went with Sterno (Sterco+Stefano).

It had a ring to it, but not quite, considering "Sterno" is the italian for "breastbone, sternum". So, given my love for Medieval-ish stuff, I changed it in "SternuS", adding that "us" suffix to make it sound like it was taken from a medieval time. Or at least I guess so, I was aroung 10-12 when I changed it.

Sometimes you'll see me as SternuS_117, for SternuS is, quite oddly, already taken (and appears to be a famous youtuber? I had this guy friending me on steam convinced I was the youtuber, and I barely managed to convince him I wasn't who he thought I was...but that's another story), and I spend enough time thinking at names for characters without having to spend more time on my names. Adding the 117 is quite lame, but it's still better than "XxXxSternuS-pussyslayerXxXx"

• DGaius, SPECTRE and SiRD31M0S like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#90 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

The end of that post was amazing.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#91 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Dayum this thread is old. Let's make it new again!

As many of you are probably aware by now, my two main screen names are SFIR and SiR D31M0S. SFIR originated as an acronym (the meaning of which is personal, so I won't be sharing it) I came up with about ten years ago. The meaning has since been invalidated, and now it's just a string of meaningless letters I use to represent myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sir Deimos comes from an episode of Sealab 2021, an old show my brothers and I still quote to this day (the creator of which would later go on to make the wonderful show, Archer). It'll make more sense for everyone if I just link the video. Probably NSFW.

Spoiler

Why I named myself after the biggest retard in the show is beyond me, but it's a damn awesome name, and it stuck.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#92 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Dayum this thread is old. Let's make it new again!

As many of you are probably aware by now, my two main screen names are SFIR and SiR D31M0S. SFIR originated as an acronym (the meaning of which is personal, so I won't be sharing it) I came up with about ten years ago. The meaning has since been invalidated, and now it's just a string of meaningless letters I use to represent myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sir Deimos comes from an episode of Sealab 2021, an old show my brothers and I still quote to this day (the creator of which would later go on to make the wonderful show, Archer). It'll make more sense for everyone if I just link the video. Probably NSFW.

Spoiler

Why I named myself after the biggest retard in the show is beyond me, but it's a damn awesome name, and it stuck.

It's the oldest... Or second oldest... Thread in Off Topic

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • DGaius and 베이클라이트 like this
#define true false

Spoiler

#93 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

Never knew this existed. Well, let's see. To start off with, I go by two names but would rather have it just as one but can't for reasons.*

I've gone through a few different names, some stupid (I was 10) and some good. the most notable would include bonzerbouwman (Playstation) and Bluehalomango (Everything else). Bonzerbouwman is something me and my dad came up with years ago, a mixture between what is kinda Aussie slang (bonza) and my dads/my family name (Bouwman). It was a decent name to begin my crusade of gaming. After that came a short period where my name was Pokepale (something to do with Pokemon, not sure what though) when I first got steam but shortly changed to Bluehalomango. Now, I know you're gonna love this part and how I came up with it because it is the most creative name ever! Basically, my three favourite things. The colour Blue. The game Halo. The fruit Mango. Creative, right!?! Although I have thought of changing Blue to Aqua because I prefer Aqua, it just doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus, by this stage I had grown to the name and changing it would mess things up. In fact, my name was so good, my cousin went on to use the same naming structure to rename his steam account as Redhalomango! It's spreading! Oh, it's now white because reasons**

*PSN doesn't let you change your username/profile name.

**Ended up with White title so I changed things to suit it.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#94 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

I couldn't think of one.

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#95 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

I couldn't think of one.

What about [INSERT AMAZING NAME]? It has a [INSERT RING] to it. And it is the best [INSERT REFERENCE] in it. Actually, I have an idea!

So, the [INSERT RACIST CHARACTER] walks into the [INSERT LOCAL PLACE OF RELAXATION] and says [INSERT HUMOROUS LINE] to the [INSERT JOKES TARGET]. Hahaha! Get it? [INSERT REASONING]

• SPECTRE and Insert IGN like this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#96 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

What about [INSERT AMAZING NAME]? It has a [INSERT RING] to it. And it is the best [INSERT REFERENCE] in it. Actually, I have an idea!

So, the [INSERT RACIST CHARACTER] walks into the [INSERT LOCAL PLACE OF RELAXATION] and says [INSERT HUMOROUS LINE] to the [INSERT JOKES TARGET]. Hahaha! Get it? [INSERT REASONING]

There's a guy on another forum I frequent whose name is [Placeholder]. As is his avatar, long name, about me, location, birthday, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • 베이클라이트 likes this
#define true false

Spoiler

#97 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

Mrripley9 was the name of my Runescape name.

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#98 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

I just use my actual name. If not my actual name I use Adramos.

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#99 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

Well lets see I had 4 different names since I first got into gaming the first was Itsapumasir4532 because I like RvB. This has lead to me being called "Puma" in my group. I am also the only person in my group who isn't adressed by their first name due to this.

Then we had H4Didact4532 which was due to my hype for Halo 4 and the fact that the Didact is a badass despite being an asshole.

After that came a seperation, on PC I went with Jaeger or Jaeger4532 and on Xbox I went with WarRanger2034 after several runs of Ranger Hardcore Metro 2033 and Last Light. Although I have recently set my steam name as WarRanger2034

So overall I mostly have WarRanger2034 as my username now. These forums and old as fuck accounts for games I no longer play aside.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#100 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

So overall I mostly have WarRanger2034 as my username now. These forums and old as fuck accounts for games I no longer play aside.

AHA! So it's your death I always have to avenge on Shadow of Mordor! I didn't remember that was your GT.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users