186 replies to this topic

#61 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOver in that Battlecruiser, and that one, and that one, and-

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

What's the current word on the Adjudicator-class model (think that's the name; it requires 7 Mausoleums in the reseach tree; might be the SC I'm thinking of)  and the.... well the starting capital ship; I forget what it's called.  They both have the same model (I think), but the starting ship has high-def and very Covie-like textures while the Adjudicator doesn't so much.  The ModDB shows a different ship for the starting capital ship which obviously needs to be skinned and imported into the game at a later date.  So knowing all that, my question is will the current model/textures curently being used for the starting ship end up being for the Adjudicator-class when the actual starting ship model is introduced?

#62 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Asteroids are sometimes outside of the grav well.

ONI prowlers appear completely black when facing the light.

Not sure if this is me or not but, on galaxy forge maps, asteroid belts only spawn with one asteroid.

Suggestions:

On trinity, you increased the grav well radius, any chance you could do that for reb? as out of my 130 hours of playing trinity, i would say 110 of it was playing this mod, so its extremely frustrating.

The covenant ship meshes, not sure if intentional or not have a gap right down the centre, not really a gap but a step.

Covenant ships are shiny grey, which is alright when light is shining on it, but when its not it sort of 8f708f grey/purple.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#63 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

The gravity wells are the same. The galaxy forge issue is because you are not using the correct GSD for galaxy forge.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#64 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

The gravity wells are the same. The galaxy forge issue is because you are not using the correct GSD for galaxy forge.

GSD?

And i take it that the planet size has increased too?

EDIT: Never mind, can i recommend a readme file for the mod, as it was kinda annoying having to trawl forums on how to change the GSD

Edited by SPECTRE, 17 December 2013 - 01:38 PM.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#65 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

The engine effects on the large engines on the Halcyons and Marathons are too small.

http://i.imgur.com/hu3068k.jpg

Also, the engine effects on Covenant ships are too high up.

http://i.imgur.com/Yv7GBQS.jpg

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#66 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

I love that comment about using the ccs as a placeholder for the SD. It's so funny because that's exactly what we did. And it sucked it was confusing and boring. Request denied. More patience is required. You must construct additional patience.

Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.
  • Bornstellaris likes this

bDNWw7L.png

#67 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

I love that comment about using the ccs as a placeholder for the SD. It's so funny because that's exactly what we did. And it sucked it was confusing and boring. Request denied. More patience is required. You must construct additional patience.

Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.

More on the CCS, can we cap it like the marathon?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#68 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

The idea of a cap ccs doesnt work because it gets outdone by the cas which is just a beefy ccs. Also we'd need to up cap limit on the covenant to allow lots of ccs. We'd like to keep that unsc style of lots of caps to just unsc to keep factions diverse. Good question.

bDNWw7L.png

#69 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Bug: orion picture is in places it should not be.

#70 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

More on the CCS, can we cap it like the marathon?

Problem with that is that it means you can only have as many of the others. A maximum of 16 CCSs is an underpowered fleet, so the obvious solution is to increase the limit as with the UNSC. Problem with this is that it leads to ungodly numbers of CAS ships. With the UNSC it's not the right choice to take 40 Supercarriers (cost aside) because they have weaknesses. With the Covenant, those 40 CCS could be 40 CASs late game, and that's just not fair...

Also, keep up the good bugs, guys, these are all being noted! My only moan is can we keep questions about the mod itself to other threads? Trying to keep this one clean, I love discussion and will gladly partake but this is an über-functional thread.

#71 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well can it have a really high fleet supply cost?

Playing against another covenant player and the CCS is the spam machine.

Also On the topic of fleet supply, whats the point in having capital ships with a lower fleet supply cost than some cruisers? Seriously?

I filled my fleet up with marathons and had space for only a couple of frigates and cruisers. A lot of use that has when you find a fully upgraded starbase filled with a metric butt ton of fighters.

Edit

too late 

Also, keep up the good bugs, guys, these are all being noted! My only moan is can we keep questions about the mod itself to other threads? Trying to keep this one clean, I love discussion and will gladly partake but this is an über-functional thread.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#72 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

The CCS is designed to be used enmass. If we we made it a capital the UNSC would steam roll the covenant.
  • Defender0 and Moustachio86 like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#73 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Almost forgot, Marathons will sometimes level up, but won't you select an ability.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#74 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Almost forgot, Marathons will sometimes level up, but won't you select an ability.

That's known. It's just an issue with the levelling mechanics, there's technically nothing that can be selected at lvl 2 as abilities skip a level and the other two start at at least level 3. Needs to be fixed, though, I agree. Nothing more annoying than 10 marathons with that little plus in the corner. 

#75 DoomCloudX

DoomCloudX

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

So, I ran into this game-breaking bug after loading up a game 7-hours in, where significant parts of the UI had disappeared, including:

- The outlines of gravity wells

- The lines connecting gravity wells

- The icons above units and structures

- The icons above fleets

The game continued to run normally, but I had almost no way to tell where my fleets were, or which planets they could jump to. I believe I should still have been able to issue orders to units, and indeed they were still selectable via the icons on the left-hand side of the screen, but needless to say, the loss of so many visual elements of the UI put a serious damper on my ability to continue playing that particular game.

This occurred out of the blue after loading up an in-progress game; reloading it yielded no fix, nor did re-opening the entire program.

Here's a screenshot to demonstrate it in part:

Spoiler

#76 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Check your User Interface options/settings.

You probably hit some random hotkey turning them off.

#77 DoomCloudX

DoomCloudX

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ah, yeah, my bad. Turns out everything had been turned off.

#78 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere the fun stays

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Seraph fighter priorities are mixed up, their attacking frigates & structures first, when the should be attacking fighters & bombers

#79 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Covenant buildings shouldn't be able to phase out like the vasari.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#80 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Not sure if bug or i made a mistake, but 2 Galaxy forge maps are not on the llist ingame:

- Expedtion and

-Prospector

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users