• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

SotP Public Release Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#141 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yes to the first (reported) and the Anchor shouldn't have ANY weapons.

do you mean for the mod beacause during the Reach Lnos mission Anchor station was fireing its Seven M910 Point-defense guns at the Covie fighters?, but it definatly wont have ship to ship weapons.

#142 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

do you mean for the mod beacause during the Reach Lnos mission Anchor station was fireing its Seven M910 Point-defense guns at the Covie fighters?, but it definatly wont have ship to ship weapons.

I meant in the mod but it seems I may have been wrong. Also, that post offends my eyes.

#143 Capt. Gacob Skeeze

Capt. Gacob Skeeze

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBeating the Dog over the Fence

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Technically it does have AA weapons, and last i checked they work

I had one in a game last night that failed to stop two flood infection squadrons from capturing a Pair of SMACS that were behind the anchor station. Is there any kind of log I can pull or screenshot I can take to document this?

#144 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I had one in a game last night that failed to stop two flood infection squadrons from capturing a Pair of SMACS that were behind the anchor station. Is there any kind of log I can pull or screenshot I can take to document this?

It's something that's fairly easy to test so don't worry this time around but good thinking. For future reference screenshots or game save files can be good for visual bugs and hard-to-replicate ones respectively.

#145 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Just tested, AA guns are present, firing and doing damage. 

#146 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

I've never seen them fire either.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#147 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Ive noticed alot of particle effects failing to appear in large and small engagements, so that could be why you dont see it firing per se

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#148 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Wondering if it's been said, but it seems to me that the assault carrier "Laser barrage" ability didn't do anything. It'll pause (similar to the nuke wave ability in the nBSG mod), but doesn't seem to actually fire anything or deal damage with it.

Or am I missing something?

#149 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Alot of abilities might need updating to be useful with the double HP buff a while back. We will look into it. otherwise certain abilities as such might just have like an AOE light pulse that does damage.

bDNWw7L.png

#150 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Bug: Haven class starbases max shields and hull drop when upgrading to the fourth level (the defense upgrade)

#151 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Bug: Haven class starbases max shields and hull drop when upgrading to the fourth level (the defense upgrade)

This is a pretty good catch, it's happening in the playtest versions as well

• Moustachio86 likes this

#152 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Agreed, good find. Haven is being heavily worked on at the moment but will throw that into the pot.

#153 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Fixed.

#154 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Agreed, good find. Haven is being heavily worked on at the moment but will throw that into the pot.

#155 That1Niftyguy

That1Niftyguy

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or just AI's being AI's, but the fighters appear to enjoy chasing each other out of the gravity wells and into open space while they are dogfighting. 

The somewhat-silent observer

#156 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Apparently the strikecraft AI likes doing that every now and then.

#157 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or just AI's being AI's, but the fighters appear to enjoy chasing each other out of the gravity wells and into open space while they are dogfighting. 

I've also seen in random cases of a single fightcraft (enemy) surviving and apparently respawning WAY outside of gravity wells (but marked as being in orbit of the planet) causing friendly fighters to chase it. No other enemy units or structures within the gravity well.

Also, I don't know if it's just the small distance between the two stars in the one map, but it says my ships can jump to the other star even without the "Long range jumps" researched.

edit: Meaning prowlers actually did the jump, and it confirmed a capship as being able to reach the other star.

#158 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

I've also seen in random cases of a single fightcraft (enemy) surviving and apparently respawning WAY outside of gravity wells (but marked as being in orbit of the planet) causing friendly fighters to chase it. No other enemy units or structures within the gravity well.

Also, I don't know if it's just the small distance between the two stars in the one map, but it says my ships can jump to the other star even without the "Long range jumps" researched.

edit: Meaning prowlers actually did the jump, and it confirmed a capship as being able to reach the other star.

Are you sure they aren't connected by regular phase lanes? That is in place on some maps. Can you remember the map name. 

#159 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Are you sure they aren't connected by regular phase lanes? That is in place on some maps. Can you remember the map name. 

It's a custom map I made myself. I don't think they are connected. Least the galaxy forge exe doesn't show it as such.

I'll give it a test on a multi-star default map (the randoms) to be sure though.

#160 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

This same thing happened to my entire fleet twice in the same game.  I had just cleared out a grav well and my rather large fleet decided to go for a strole to the neighboring galaxy trying to chase down an enemy ship.  Only happend in that one game though.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users