• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Lol. got my chokepoint all set up. Now to wait for the flood to finish off the impossible AI's (four, they are limited to one planet surrounded by flood) and come through the star. Unless I made a mistake and those AI's are capable of holding their own planet against the flood o_o

7 SMAC's, 7 hanger defenses, 1 anchor station (max armor and hangers). 28 saber interceptors. 51 mines.

36 autumn class cruisers, 2 valiant class cruisers, 2 supercarriers, 21 athen carriers, 15 halcyons, 40 makos, 40 Thanatos destroyers, 5 cradle stations and a total of 132 longsword interceptors.

I think my chokepoint is ready. Planets after that have standard of 1 defense coord station, 13 SMACs, 5 hangers + array of mines.

BTW, does that "Defense coordination station" actually do anything? I've not really seen anything about it besides it says it buffs defense structures.

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Ive heard it gives a 10% bonus to range for SMACs

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#23 JoeKool82185

JoeKool82185

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

The best way to fight the Flood, from my experience, is to activate the 7 Halo ringworlds throughout the map. This will wipe out all your units and bring the population of all your planets down to 0, though, so tread carefully with it. It will do the same to all enemy players on the map, though, so it is definitely a strategy to think about. For some reason, I can only get it to work with the UNSC.

• sloosecannon, VDNKh, Lavo and 1 other like this

#24 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

The best way to fight the Flood, from my experience, is to activate the 7 Halo ringworlds throughout the map. This will wipe out all your units and bring the population of all your planets down to 0, though, so tread carefully with it. It will do the same to all enemy players on the map, though, so it is definitely a strategy to think about. For some reason, I can only get it to work with the UNSC.

I see what you did there...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#25 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Have lots of fighters. I mean, an insane amount of fighters. If you're attacking, go with a butt load of carries. If you're defending use mines, smacs, tons of fighter bays, and AT LEAST a medium sized fleet behind your defenses. 

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#26 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

meh, fighters suck at taking down the flood spores, gotta get them anti strike craft frigates

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#27 Aeonlord

Aeonlord

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

When attacking a flood world always destroy the fleet in orbit first. If not they will immediately recapture the planet which calls In reinforcements. I did this in a game last night. I had like 25 charons and they bombed the planet into ashes then bam the flood took it back then I bombed it again they took it back. Before the first flood fleet showed up I had done it about a dozens times. Needless to say the flood quickly dominated that map with a fleet of hundreds of ships.

On a side note you can use this to play a sort of horde mode against the flood.

#28 nitropurehyena

nitropurehyena

mr.snuffaluffagus of the planet derp

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

now i am going to ruin y'alls lives

look at a picture of halo 4 flood.

the flood are smiling. you will never unsee it

master chief and gordan freeman walk into a bar. there were no survivors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users