Photo

UNSC Release

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Probably not. But you won't have much playing time, sorry.

#42 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Hey guys, the ModDB uploads have been pulled because they're causing minidumps...

We're gonna fix it over the weekend and give you a good, polished copy like you deserve.

Thank you Sloose, I love you! well I think we all Love you ;)

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#43 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

It was Sloose who fucked up. He's in the bad books now.

#44 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

I made some grievous mistakes as well.

#45 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

I made some grievous mistakes as well.

We all learn from our mistakes, no one is perfect

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#46 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

It was Sloose who fucked up. He's in the bad books now.

Damn son, you a cold ass honkey.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#47 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

We rushed the release, no one is at fault unless we all are.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#48 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

We should polish it more, Phoenix, sabre models... Would pushing the release back a week be so bad? Wehaven't had much chance to playtest the release version much yet, either.n

#49 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have been playing it, so far I have noticed no problems. I would reccomend against pushing it back a week, although it would give you more time to polish, it could potentially tarnish the mod's reputation.
Spoiler

#50 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have been playing it, so far I have noticed no problems. I would reccomend against pushing it back a week, although it would give you more time to polish, it could potentially tarnish the mod's reputation.

I agree. That content can be patched in with the weekly updates Unikraken has planned to follow balance feedback from the public beta testing base.

#51 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Releasing something that hasn't gone through the proper testing phase could do more damage than simply pushing the release date back a single week or even just a weekend, though.

Guys, honestly take all the time you need in order for you to be happy with it. Our opinions as fans don't matter as much in the development cycle as your opinions as the developers. From what I've seen already on this mod, be it a weekend or a week I'm sure people will understand as long as it's no longer than that.

I may be in a minority here, but personally I don't much care if something is released later than it was supposed to be as long as I know why. I've got faith in you guys, I know no matter how long it takes it's going to be great.
  • Defender0, Dianno5741 and Fleet Admiral agigabyte like this

Spoiler

#52 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

This guy ^

bDNWw7L.png

#53 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Releasing something that hasn't gone through the proper testing phase could do more damage than simply pushing the release date back a single week or even just a weekend, though.

Guys, honestly take all the time you need in order for you to be happy with it. Our opinions as fans don't matter as much in the development cycle as your opinions as the developers. From what I've seen already on this mod, be it a weekend or a week I'm sure people will understand as long as it's no longer than that.

I may be in a minority here, but personally I don't much care if something is released later than it was supposed to be as long as I know why. I've got faith in you guys, I know no matter how long it takes it's going to be great.

Ive been waiting almost 4 years, i can easily wait another week

#54 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Ive been waiting almost 4 years, i can easily wait another week

This. If people take offence from moving it back a week then they're shitty people.
  • Defender0 likes this

#55 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Well. Moddb forums are full of dumbasses. Unikraken, can you not block them from the page?
Spoiler

#56 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Although true that you amy all not mind waiting another week, the general population at hand is an entirely different matter. Testing has been a continuous process during the development and all major bugs are gone, I have been play-testing it and have yet to find any bugs, minor or otherwise. I would say its safe to release the mod this weekend (assuming that it is ready to be downloaded, of course). Just my opinion.
Spoiler

#57 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well the General populace can go fuck itself. This isnt Activision or EA with people who are salaried to make a game or mod and are on the clock 24/7. Its done off of their passion and free time. Undergraduate school or Graduate school for people in any sort of science is essentially a 40 hour a week job minimum. Plus family, plus the want for entertainment, ect ect. The mod is safe to release, its whether or not they will have time to go correct the issues to get it working for us. Im sure its first on their list of shit to do for the mod, but doing things like complaining the covenant dont work ect ect will only lead devs to not want to work on it due to the extremely frustrating nature.
Im glad you have play tested it and found no problems, which says more about the quality of their work that they release things with most bugs taken care of. People just need to be patient and understand what their dealing with. Its important that people delete their torrented versions because it isnt completed and people will mistake it for complete, making the mods reputation worse than delaying it. Also by borrowing intellectual property its important that you do a good job as to add to it, not degrade it. How would you feel if someone took your work, you allowed them to use it for their project and they did a shitty job and said oh yah you helped.
  • con7con likes this

bDNWw7L.png

#58 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Oh I completely agree, I am merely trying to present both sides of the argument. My apologies if anything I said was found as inappropriate.
Spoiler

#59 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

No, Im glad you made that side of the argument, Its logical, i just merely stated it so the ModDB ers would see it and try to understand rather than saying, I wantz it now.
Besides the people in England are typically patient anyway, (at least more so than American youth)
  • con7con likes this

bDNWw7L.png

#60 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I do think we need to wait, polish it more.

Just a week.

Also Comic Sans now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users