35 replies to this topic

#21 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

This is true, i plan on buying an Xbox One tomorrow for myself, along with DR3 and maybe Ryse

Spoiler

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

The important thing is you guys are doing something you enjoy doing, granted some outside recognition would be awesome, but at the end of the day it's us fans that will be truly enjoying what you guys are making.

Thanks for all you've done for us Halo peeps!
  • DGaius likes this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#23 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'l have to be honest, I was quite shocked that there was so much commotion about the MOTY voting. I understand why some of the fans would question the voting and I certainly agree with Unikraken's point: there are a lot of skilled members in the SotP Dev team who are looking to make a career. They deserve the attention. On the other hand as Canadaman mentioned in his opening post, Moddb does have certain rules and one of them is that a mod cannot win twice nor be mentioned twice in the same category for two or more years straight (IF my memory serves me right, I may be terribly wrong). 

Also, this year the competition was sponsered by Origin. I know there have been sponsers over the years and I never really paid attention to it that much. But as far as I recall the sponsers were never something like Origin. I am not implying this automatically means fraud, nor does it mean that Moddb is a farce. 

What it boils down to is  basically what I said in the first sentence: I was surprised by the uproar. And I have to say Kuddos to Canadaman for making this post. You just gotta admit that the SotP team got more professional in more than just simply modding!

• Defender0 and Bornstellaris like this

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'l have to be honest, I was quite shocked that there was so much commotion about the MOTY voting. I understand why some of the fans would question the voting and I certainly agree with Unikraken's point: there are a lot of skilled members in the SotP Dev team who are looking to make a career. They deserve the attention. On the other hand as Canadaman mentioned in his opening post, Moddb does have certain rules and one of them is that a mod cannot win twice nor be mentioned twice in the same category for two or more years straight (IF my memory serves me right, I may be terribly wrong). 

Also, this year the competition was sponsered by Origin. I know there have been sponsers over the years and I never really paid attention to it that much. But as far as I recall the sponsers were never something like Origin. I am not implying this automatically means fraud, nor does it mean that Moddb is a farce. 

What it boils down to is  basically what I said in the first sentence: I was surprised by the uproar. And I have to say Kuddos to Canadaman for making this post. You just gotta admit that the SotP team got more professional in more than just simply modding!

I'll show you the private conversation I had with Mod DB here soon.

• JasonAHawkins and Bornstellaris like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#25 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

I understand why some of the fans would question the voting and I certainly agree with Unikraken's point: there are a lot of skilled members in the SotP Dev team who are looking to make a career. They deserve the attention.

I think this is the biggest point for a lot of people, including me. Every artist on this mod team (whether they are a modeller/skinner/composer/sound guru) will probably at some stage want to create a portfolio and being attached to a mod that has been voted top 5 mods two years running certainly helps to make the work for them stand out. It adds a lot of weight behind the work in the portfolio as potentially thousands if not more people have used and enjoyed the content. There are great artists on this mod team (I'm looking at you Anni/Zero/Didact/Waseem/Sancho and Gaius) and they deserve the acclaim that comes with this.
  • Unikraken, CanadaMan7, sloosecannon and 5 others like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#26 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

It sucks we didn't win. At the same time we know there were flaws in the system in regards to how the votes work. The best we can do is be polite (so as to keep the face of the mod pleasant in the eyes of the public) and hope that Moddb admins correct some of the issues to make it more fair. As much as a public rallying to support the SoTP team I doubt that it would produce anything but signs of malcontent. Let's just simmer down and wait for next year to come around. 

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#27 I Am Sancho

I Am Sancho

Audio Director

• Mod Staff
  • 341 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

We can still shoot for the released category!

Posted Image

#28 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

We can still shoot for the released category!

The odds are pretty good we'll be beat out by another Half Life mod or something that adds 2 guns to a well known first person shooter.

• HTRK74JR likes this

#29 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

The odds are pretty good we'll be beat out by another Half Life mod or something that adds 2 guns to a well known first person shooter.

Is that one of them does?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#30 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Is that one of them does?

One of the mods that "beat" us literally adds guns to another game. That's it.

• HTRK74JR likes this

#31 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

One of the mods that "beat" us literally adds guns to another game. That's it.

Dafuq, any idiot can mod the source engine.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#32 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

I love you all guys! :)

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#33 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

I love you all guys! :)

Been at the drink again have we?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#34 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

^-This

Been at the drink again have we?

Also this thread is so negative. Whether you won or not. You all have an amazing and large community and everyone knows you put so much effort and heart in your mod.

Don't fight over such small things like you haven't won mod of the year.

That destroys the community.

• Defender0 likes this

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#35 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

^-This

Also this thread is so negative. Whether you won or not. You all have an amazing and large community and everyone knows you put so much effort and heart in your mod.

I agree.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#36 wickedwilliam

wickedwilliam

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

^-This

Problem is when you are trying to make a name for yourself, you need things like being part of an award winning mod to get noticed. 

• Unikraken and Bornstellaris like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users