#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

That's right lady and gentlemen! Time for a Q and A session!

Post your question for the Sins of the Prophets dev team below and I'll pick the best ones to be answered by the team in a news post for the site here and on Mod DB.

Some basic rules:

• Do not answer others questions, depending on the questions asked this may end up serving as an addition to the FAQ (this includes the dev team, just observe).
  • Do not ask a question if it's already been asked, just like the post with the question, more likes = more likely to be answered.
  • Don't waste our time, no juvenile stuff or ridiculous questions that you can't expect a serious answer from us about.
  • One question per person. If you want a specific person to answer go ahead and address it to them.

Now ask away! Answers will be compiled on Mondayish.

• HTRK74JR, Bornstellaris, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 2 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 malcapon

malcapon

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:olahhalo123
  • LocationIgloo Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

So in the newest release the Athens Carrier has been removed from the capital ship slot and placed into a non capital ship slot. Will the Athens be playing the same role as it was before or will it be different? Also will anything be filling the void of capital ship slot that the Athens has left? ps Best.Mod.Ever :)

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte, EKHawkman and Cmdr Daefaron like this

#3 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Will there be any Titans in this mod in the foreseeable future? If so, what will you use for them? If not, that's perfectly fine too! :) Fantastic mod guys! My inner nerd freaked out when I found out about this mod. LOVE IT!

• EKHawkman likes this

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#4 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Why do only select ships have fighters in the covenant? I at least expected the CCS to have a fighter squadron. The only ships I've seen that have fighters are the capitol ships, and the SDV.

Spoiler

#5 Death

Death

Death knows no bounds!

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Will races be limited to one titan per game like vanilla?  Or will some races be able to build multiple of their tian ships?  An example would be, the UNSC Infinity is the first of the Infinity-class of ships, and in UNSC-Covenant relationships the balance of power is supposed to shift from Covenant to UNSC the longer the game goes on as I have read, so will that be reflected in part via the Infinity-class, or just a single Infinity-class ship?

• Yarrpy and EKHawkman like this

The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!   - Paullian Blantar Iron-Father of the Kaargul Clan, Iron Hands Chapter.

We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence. There will come a time when stygian night never ends, where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever. - Adept Corteswain at the Omniastery of Selethoth, shortly before his disappearance.

#6 Sweawm

Sweawm

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Firstly, is there any possibility in the future of a nerf against the Flood? Does the Forerunner faction have any sort of immunity to Flood infection? As I recall, Sentinels can't get infected. 

Secondly, is the UNSC going to get any new ships beyond the possible upcoming Titan class ship, or is the list now solid? 

Thirdly, could you possibly give a guess date until the Covenant faction is fully worked out to the point that it is at least as polished as the UNSC faction? 

• EKHawkman likes this

#7 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Are you going to change the  ship-class names from the coveant into something that sounds more cov'ish?

• EKHawkman likes this

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#8 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

The splaser ship and the omega station, is it official that you want them in the mod?
  • KhevaKins and EKHawkman like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#9 Darastrixy

Darastrixy

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

i have a question. why don't any of the ships have a type of cloak, when clearly they have them in the games?

• EKHawkman likes this

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Will the Infinity have the two side MACs? And will it have 4 MACs or will you implement those two energy projectors we saw at the end of Halo 4, about which there is no information, not even a hint on the guide?

• Yarrpy, Cole Protocol and EKHawkman like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#11 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Will the Infinity have the two side MACs? And will it have 4 MACs or will you implement those two energy projectors we saw at the end of Halo 4, about which there is no information, not even a hint on the guide?

Side MACs? Two forward and two backward. Onagers on the side. And uni has been convinced that they weren't energy projectors just shitty animations.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

Side MACs? Two forward and two backward. Onagers on the side. And uni has been convinced that they weren't energy projectors just shitty animations.

Spoiler

2 Series-8 MACs (Front), 2 Series-8 MACs (Flank)

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

Spoiler

2 Series-8 MACs (Front), 2 Series-8 MACs (Flank)

Another 343 inconsistency, it was stated in halo 4 promotional content, and either glasslands or Thursday war that the MACs were orientated to the rear.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#14 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Guys, get back on topic.

Will the CCS cruiser glass planets again?

• Defender0 and Yarrpy like this

#15 Yarrpy

Yarrpy

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Is there going to be a increase in covernent fleet size? as i was playing a 2 hour or so game and my fleet of ccs and assault cariers plus CPV's couldnt take the Ai's UNSC fleet as they have a considerately larger fleet size ( and yes all my tech was upgraded) Also the weapon the vallient class crusier has to disable ships is a bit long lasting! is it going to be reduced?

Yes i was mico managing 

• Yarrpy likes this

#16 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Another 343 inconsistency, it was stated in halo 4 promotional content, and either glasslands or Thursday war that the MACs were orientated to the rear.

"Do not answer others questions, depending on the questions asked this may end up serving as an addition to the FAQ (this includes the dev team, just observe)."

Seriously guys, all of you speak and read English. Do not make me ban you for a day just because you're too dumb to read the fucking OP and grok it.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#17 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Will the Covenant/UNSC get the diplomancy pact researches and upgrades? If you go the route of 'split' factions like Rebellion base, would the elite-side of the schism Covenant have more diplomancy tech?

Will the UNSC get weapon research upgrades like the Covenant?

#18 Hopit

Hopit

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Is the "plot device-class supercarrier" going to be the covenant titan?

• VDNKh likes this

On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Flood and were disgraced to live in these cages we called starbases

#19 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Will the super-destroyer get a new model eventually?

#20 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

So the burning question was sub factions earlier on in the mods development you implied that ONI and UNSC were separate entities. and this recently came up so on his behalf i ask.

I was gonna actually make a suggestion thread about sub factions depending on how Escalation and Mortal Dicta go.  The Arbiter and Jul 'Mdama's factions could be two sub-factions.  As could the Innie's and the UNSC.  

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users