• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Balancing thoughts on Halcyon and Mines after several games + a bug I encountered (maybe from Soase)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

I heard SMACs needed a survival buff. I gave them a survival buff. End of conversation. If i give it an auto repair ability it would negate the Cradle AND MORE IMPORTANTLY the repair structure. So if I did everything you said it would have an auto repair, fighters, and a ton of health. Why dont I removed the entire defensive tree from the UNSC and just give you SMACs and an I win button.

As for the Halcyon. I have taken what you have said and talked to Rovert and have talked to other testers. The Halcyon did receive a buff due to the health boost. However, if you had say 4 more thanatos classes Im hearing that the alpha strike is still much higher and is able to take over halcyons. This to me is balanced as when you look at the population or supply cost the Thanny sits at like 12 and the halcyon 15. I will continue to look into the matter to double check the halcyons role and make sure its not OP or the new spam target. Thus far I havnt heard that yet. Also keep in mind that the Halcyons nuke missile is a 110 or 120 second cooldown. where as the thanny as one that sits at 70. for Two MACS. So in 70 seconds it does 6000 damage and the halcyon does 4500. Thats negating the thannys missiles which would add around another 700 at least.

bDNWw7L.png

#22 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

I heard SMACs needed a survival buff. I gave them a survival buff. End of conversation. If i give it an auto repair ability it would negate the Cradle AND MORE IMPORTANTLY the repair structure. So if I did everything you said it would have an auto repair, fighters, and a ton of health. Why dont I removed the entire defensive tree from the UNSC and just give you SMACs and an I win button.

As for the Halcyon. I have taken what you have said and talked to Rovert and have talked to other testers. The Halcyon did receive a buff due to the health boost. However, if you had say 4 more thanatos classes Im hearing that the alpha strike is still much higher and is able to take over halcyons. This to me is balanced as when you look at the population or supply cost the Thanny sits at like 12 and the halcyon 15. I will continue to look into the matter to double check the halcyons role and make sure its not OP or the new spam target. Thus far I havnt heard that yet. Also keep in mind that the Halcyons nuke missile is a 110 or 120 second cooldown. where as the thanny as one that sits at 70. for Two MACS. So in 70 seconds it does 6000 damage and the halcyon does 4500. Thats negating the thannys missiles which would add around another 700 at least.

I'm not saying repair other targets, just itself. But it was just a suggestion.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#23 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

It still heavily negates the repair structure since youd build it to repair smacs mainly. We gave the SMAC the paris equiv for health. It should take a much heavier beating. We will monitor it and make adjustments when needed.

• SPECTRE and Lavo like this

bDNWw7L.png

#24 zaun3694

zaun3694

Psst, you kids want to start communism?

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

the Russian approach to clearing a minefield.

March or you will be shot and your family will be sent to Siberia.

not cool man

Fresh Mags, an Body Bags 

#25 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Let's avoid comments about that Spectre. I dont think any of us that are from the West can really judge what the Russian army was like now or even back in WWII where that comment was pulled. There is a reason why CoH2 was banned in Russia.

bDNWw7L.png

#26 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Let's avoid comments about that Spectre. I dont think any of us that are from the West can really judge what the Russian army was like now or even back in WWII where that comment was pulled. There is a reason why CoH2 was banned in Russia.

The russians never fought in the "ww2" they fought in the great patriotic war.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#27 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Back to topic please. I posted this for a reason

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#28 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Back to topic please. I posted this for a reason

I spammed halcyons in our last match and i was doing alright.

When i got back to my computer i seem to have lost.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#29 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

I wondered why I got past your defenses so easily.

But also you lacked in organized defense!

Don't build all your defense at the planet and your structures like shipyard far behind. I simply out run you.

Dwarf.png

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#30 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I wondered why I got past your defenses so easily

aye, did you two quit after?

I got back and my reaction was as: "what i lost? i wan't away that long, was i ?"

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#31 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Will post the video then you can watch my view. Now Btt!

Dwarf.png

#32 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

spamming halcyons is a bad idea. While they are tanky, the alpha strike you lose out on with the destroyers is a critical error. Against a UNSC opponent you might fair alright, but against a Covenant opponent you will lose.

bDNWw7L.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users