#1 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Well, I think the vasari in the original Sins can strip a planet of resources and it turns into an asteroid or dead asteroid (I'm not sure), could it be possible to give the Covenant the ability to really glass a planet? Instead of it turned into an (dead) asteroid, it turned into the model of a glassed planet?

Posted Image

#2 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

It would certainly be possible though it would be a lengthy procedure. The real question is what benefit would glassing give the Covenant? 

#3 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Not much, but it'd be canon, and that'd make it fun to, glassing Reach, glassing Earth itself... *puts on my Elite armour*

Posted Image

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

I think that cov should first have to invade a planet (using SDV) then glass it before colonising it. Seeing as no human colony was glassed before it was invaded (to facilitate sangheili honour)

To me it makes more sense that the covenant live either nomadically like the vasari or live in orbit around planets to facilitate more trade.

I like the idea of perhaps a coded minigame where perhaps you can regain planet health  or population by having your own siege frigates in orbit. Kind of like harvest campaign, where whoever has the most troops wins the battle.

Edit: 'helth' is a sub word in anglia.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#5 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

The Vasari also work that way, you capture a planet, than you select it and press shift + s and then it'll be destroyed, the Vasari get a lot of resources and the planet turns into an asteroid

Posted Image

#6 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

The Vasari also work that way, you capture a planet, than you select it and press shift + s and then it'll be destroyed, the Vasari get a lot of resources and the planet turns into an asteroid

I havn't played vanilla rebbellion at all.

played about 15 hours of the vanillarish trinity with just the halcyon and Charon.

And that gives me an idea, when you scuttle a UNSC planet, it could increase the populations of other planets, at the sacrifice of allegiance, to show the evacuation of civilians and thier subsequent of becoming asylum seekers.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#7 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

I like that idea, Spectre that could be fun. As for changing worlds around I don't think they'll do that in a hurry, it would alter the balance of the game and as I understand it the process of achieving balance has been a complicated one. 

#8 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

What do you mean with changing worlds around? And I think they don't go for 100% balance but find a balance between lore and gameplay

And glassing a planet makes sure that if the UNSC recaptures it, they can do less with it

• SPECTRE likes this
Posted Image

#9 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

What do you mean with changing worlds around? And I think they don't go for 100% balance but find a balance between lore and gameplay

And glassing a planet makes sure that if the UNSC recaptures it, they can do less with it

--

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't go for as much gameplay balance as they can. By changing worlds I mean when the planet changes from it's regular type to it's glassed type. 

By the way, getting a little sick of you constantly visiting my profile and changing my ranking... 

#10 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

I haven't touched your ranking.. So..

And it was also in the original Sins (well, Rebellion) so why not in SotP?

Posted Image

#11 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Seems to change whenever you visit my profile, unless there's a way to anonymously visit a profile that I'm not aware of it's you. 

I never liked it in the original sins either to be honest and in the original sins it was a lot harder to take planets because Starbases were far, far stronger. 

#12 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

--

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't go for as much gameplay balance as they can. By changing worlds I mean when the planet changes from it's regular type to it's glassed type. 

By the way, getting a little sick of you constantly visiting my profile and changing my ranking... 

At the moment i think they're trying to pick up where dianno (the previous balancer) left balancing. they're getting the majority of the balanceing out of the way, so that when they add new features in the future it will just be tweaking.

And profile rating means squat, but i put you up a 4 star.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#13 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

I think the Cov used to have a glassing ability for hit and run tactics in the internal version, before I was helpin out.

I'm guessing it was taken out for gameplay reasons.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#14 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

To be fair, I think a Haven starbase is stronger than anything in the original Sins, but I'll rate your profile 4 stars if that'd make you happy

And it's a bit of a shame it got taken out, I'd love to glass Reach.. Haha

Posted Image

#15 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

To be fair, I think a Haven starbase is stronger than anything in the original Sins, but I'll rate your profile 4 stars if that'd make you happy

And it's a bit of a shame it got taken out, I'd love to glass Reach.. Haha

--

You're absolutely right but the Anchor Harbor is a different story. Thanks by the way, Spectre, it may mean nothing to you and that's ok but for me it means something since it represents what people think of me, I care about that. 

#16 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

--

You're absolutely right but the Anchor Harbor is a different story. Thanks by the way, Spectre, it may mean nothing to you and that's ok but for me it means something since it represents what people think of me, I care about that. 

True, but they're coming with a different star base for near the end that can defend itself, or so I've read

And I just rated you 4 stars

Edited by Stephan-338, 09 February 2014 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image

#17 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

True, but they're coming with a different star base for near the end that can defend itself, or so I've read

Omega class orbital emplacement.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#18 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Omega class orbital emplacement.

That sounds nice, is there any drawing orso somewhere on the forums?

Posted Image

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

No apparently all artists are busy or something. I did some rough sketches, but i could never make it look right.

This things meant to be a true defensive bastion.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Verteros

Verteros

Mr. Wiki II

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

And I just rated you 4 stars

--

Thanks I appreciate that... I guess I'm just really paranoid. 

I'd rank you but I kinda already did that a few days ago to 5 stars, I can't go any higher. 

I would be so happy with a late game star base for the UNSC. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users