#41 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Not too much longer and I'll be out of your hair. Wait and hold, then patience shall reward you.

I don't want you to be out of my hair. I want you not to be repetitive.

/OT

Back on topic:

In my humble opinion, putting BB as Infinity's AI would've resulted in a way more characterized character. To me, Roland means nothing.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#42 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

I'll be out if your hair anyways.
What do you mean characterised character?
I can sense a pilot hole in near future that prevents rampancy.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#43 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'll be out if your hair anyways.
What do you mean characterised character?
I can sense a pilot hole in near future that prevents rampancy.

I mean, he is a talking cliche, the few personality he has has been overused.

When Palmer asked him about the Manufact, he answered "I don't know, Spartan". That is not an AI answer.

• SPECTRE likes this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#44 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

I see you think Roland's too human. Yeh I sort of understand now. I loved BB. And his backstory.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#45 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

I loved BB. And his backstory.

Dang. I hope Mortal Dictata will come out soon here.

#46 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Just wondering is it hard for you to read English I doubt this as your English us better than some Brits I know) Because you could always get an ebook of it.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#47 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Just wondering is it hard for you to read English I doubt this as your English us better than some Brits I know) Because you could always get an ebook of it.

Oh I have absolutely no problem in reading it (I have some trouble to write and to speak it, and major problems when I try to explain a concept in it).

But you know...you have to read a book in your own language, don't you?

#48 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeh i understand. Sometimes things are lost in verbal translation.

Got some good examples.

A Gurkha is driving a truck, he asks the bloke riding shotgun for directions, bloke replies "straight over". Sure as hell that Gurkha drives OVER the roundabout.

Soldier A asks for a torch. Gurkha pulls his lighter out of his pocket and sets fire to his backpack.

• Stephan-338 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#49 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Yeh i understand. Sometimes things are lost in verbal translation.

Got some good examples.

A Gurkha is driving a truck, he asks the bloke riding shotgun for directions, bloke replies "straight over". Sure as hell that Gurkha drives OVER the roundabout.

Soldier A asks for a torch. Gurkha pulls his lighter out of his pocket and sets fire to his backpack.

Spoiler

• Moustachio86, D4RKST0RM99, SPECTRE and 2 others like this

#50 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

this thread was pretty dank. first ever post. #throwbackmonday

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

lol n00b

#52 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

I wasn't aware of the first one but the desert fox... one of the best ever, if only he didn't kill himself to prove his loyalty.

This annoys me so much Rommel didn't kill himself to prove his loyalty he killed himself to protect his family. If he didn't they would have been sended to the camps.

YmSsY2C.png

#53 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

This annoys me so much Rommel didn't kill himself to prove his loyalty he killed himself to protect his family. If he didn't they would have been sended to the camps.

How is killing himself protective toward his family? Had Hitler wanted to send them to the camps, he would've done so. Or are you telling me he was merciful?

#54 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

How is killing himself protective toward his family? Had Hitler wanted to send them to the camps, he would've done so. Or are you telling me he was merciful?

Read history. 

• MrChipps likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#55 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Rommel was an important propaganda piece for Hitler and thus was a valued resource. But after the failed defense of France and Rommels part in a plot to kill/and/or arrest Hitler in 1944 Hitler had no choice but to eliminate Rommel. But Rommel was Germanys greatest war hero and to simply exexute him after a farsical trial would demoralise the population. So in order to not damage moral and create a martyr Rommel was given a choice: kill yourself or gestapo kills your entire family. HEY PRESTO! Hitler gets a martyr and the Rommels get to live.
  • SternuS likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#56 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Read history. 

Or, reply as Chippings did. Even that helps.

Rommel was an important propaganda piece for Hitler and thus was a valued resource. But after the failed defense of France and Rommels part in a plot to kill/and/or arrest Hitler in 1944 Hitler had no choice but to eliminate Rommel. But Rommel was Germanys greatest war hero and to simply exexute him after a farsical trial would demoralise the population. So in order to not damage moral and create a martyr Rommel was given a choice: kill yourself or gestapo kills your entire family. HEY PRESTO! Hitler gets a martyr and the Rommels get to live.

I see. So Hitler did NOT get a martyr?

#57 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

I see. So Hitler did NOT get a martyr?

That's what I get for typing on the go. I meant 'in order to most definitely absolutely DO create a martyr'
Sweden can into gender!

#58 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

was to lazy by that time and to annoyed by something else.

YmSsY2C.png

#59 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

Glad to be a part of it. Where we first met, no less, old bean. Beginning of a long and argumentative relationship, but a fruitful one.  

I'm surprised this thread survived what I take to be a nuking of the off-topic boards actually. I've been inactive and half-heartedly lurking for that long I'd sort of phased out but my downloading of Homefront lead me back to this old stomping ground and I come back to find something close to another civil war breaking out. Man, I love this community's dynamic if nothing else. 

• SternuS and Crisiss like this

#60 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Glad to be a part of it. Where we first met, no less, old bean. Beginning of a long and argumentative relationship, but a fruitful one.  

I'm surprised this thread survived what I take to be a nuking of the off-topic boards actually. I've been inactive and half-heartedly lurking for that long I'd sort of phased out but my downloading of Homefront lead me back to this old stomping ground and I come back to find something close to another civil war breaking out. Man, I love this community's dynamic if nothing else. 

YOU'RE BACK! PLEASE NEVER LEAVE AGAIN PLEASE

It's not civil war. Far from it actually. Someone started shitposting everywhere, and we more or less eventually got caught in the spreading disease, which inevitably led to this. A right sentence, however hard to accept. But I will make everyhting in my power to stop it from spreading again. I have lost one of my dearest threads in the great purge, and I will not forget. And I will not forgive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users