#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

For those of you who've played with the UNSC faction, this is a safe place to discuss gameplay balance. Do NOT talk about the other races, you know they're not ready for public playing so any complaints about them will result in a thrashing. How do you feel about the UNSC so far? More abilites are going to be patched in, so this is more about the general gameplay of the mod, speed, damage, whatever you want to talk about.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

i think i speak for everyone when i say that the cradle is a lifesaver. i had 5 cradles with my supercarrier, and they kept that thing alive through three engagements with superior covenant forces. They definitely need a nerf, which is in the next release as i have been told. I find that 10 to 15 cradles per fleet will keep almost anything alive

#3 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

You have to remember the Covenant is underpowered, so please, avoid speaking of them if possible.
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#4 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I understand, but im pretty sure the same thing would happen if it was a UNSC battlegroup i was attacking

#5 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

The supercarrier needs to be super hard to unlock.
Similar to how titans are in Rebellion.
  • PrestonCole likes this

#6 Wolf186

Wolf186

GRRRRRR! RUFF!!

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

The Supercarrier is a great endgame ship, don't do anything with it. The Orion, is really op, rather make it more expensive or make it hit a little less harder. If possible, make the infection range of the flood a little smaller. That's about it.
This is just a few nitpicks, the voice for the Orion and Halcyon are annoying at times, and half the time I can barely understand what the Orion is saying, so possible voice change?
The music for the mod does not give me that halo vibe. I just took the audio for the mod and replaced it with the halo music I had.
  • JIMBOkye likes this

#7 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

But that fact is no one uses it at endgame, it's their first capital ship.

I needs a major nerf or to be made a lot harder to unlock.

#8 Despoiler25

Despoiler25

Old Guard

• Inactive Staff
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAboard the Infinity Class UNSC Inquisitor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

This + for the Orion it should have a little less health because it tanks everything.
Also up the cost for the Supercarrier and Orion.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Forerunner Cap Rush!
Lover of the Assault Carrier.
One of the "Old" Guard

#9 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

This is just a few nitpicks, the voice for the Orion and Halcyon are annoying at times, and half the time I can barely understand what the Orion is saying, so possible voice change?

I get the Orion part, but the Halcyon is definitely here to stay. That's probably the best Keyes impersonation I have ever heard lol

The music for the mod does not give me that halo vibe. I just took the audio for the mod and replaced it with the halo music I had.

Possibly true, but remember, we're trying to keep as much of Microsoft's IP out of this as possible
  • PrestonCole likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#10 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

heres an idea, its something a battlestar galactica mod did

there is this ship that is essentially a BSG supercarrier. in order to unlock it, there is a research item with 4 levels, each costing the rough equivalent of 16 vanilla capital ships. why not do something similar with the supercarrier?

as of right now, it takes me about a half hour to unlock the supercarrier, and that thing rapes the flood

#11 mrBurgerface

mrBurgerface

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I get the Orion part, but the Halcyon is definitely here to stay. That's probably the best Keyes impersonation I have ever heard lol

"We'll get there... eeeventually." That always gave me a good chuckle.

#12 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

But that fact is no one uses it at endgame, it's their first capital ship.

I needs a major nerf or to be made a lot harder to unlock.

Have you not played since we put in the research? Supercarrier has research now, Golly. You probably shouldn't impart advice if you haven't touched the mod in a while.

#13 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Have you not played since we put in the research? Supercarrier has research now, . You probably shouldn't impart advice if you haven't touched the mod in a while.

Well the thing is Uni. Defender is rushing to the Supercarrier. He builds his 7 or 8 Military Research Stations then researches that thing builds it as his first Capital voila Super Carrier for free.
It's sure not the way it meant to be played but it is one way. Specially when you got some allies that back you up so that you can easily spam some frigates with a Phoenix colony ship to get some planets.

YmSsY2C.png

#14 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Definitely need to something about that. Supercarrier rushing isn't in the spirit of the mod.

#15 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Make it like Defender suggested a 4 Level Research so it would take a bit much more effort to get it.
Say if someone is going to rush for it now then he spend's vulnerable time to get a single ship.
The opponent could tech up his armor/weapon in that time and probably crush the Supercarrier.

YmSsY2C.png

#16 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Supercarrier rushing

i fear the flood, supercarrier makes the flood cry, am i wrong to rush making it while i can?

Make it like Defender suggested a 4 Level Research so it would take a bit much more effort to get it.

Or making a very extensive/expensive research branch, with high cost resources

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Let it also be known that i do not approve of supercarrier rushing in the main mod

#18 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Defender is rushing to the Supercarrier. He builds his 7 or 8 Military Research Stations then researches that thing builds it as his first Capital voila Super Carrier for free.

It seriously doesn't cost that much. Just save up for it.

yLM4TEk.png

#19 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Have you not played since we put in the research? Supercarrier has research now, . You probably shouldn't impart advice if you haven't touched the mod in a while.

I've been playing it all this weekend. It's still too easy to get.

#20 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

The only thing I can suggest is making the Supercarrier along the lines of the Novalith in research and actual cost, but also add in a twist that it needs a level 8 civilian -and- entrenchment research in order to unlock it.

Something like in the civilian, you need to research increased military spending, in the defense you have to research advanced armor only after getting all the armor upgrades from the military branch, and after that and the Athens design, you finally unlock the Thermopylae design.
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users