#41 PrestonCole

PrestonCole

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lol why are they afraid?

yeah i dont understand it. i give them the links and they never come here maybe jared would but he doesnt really post anything. he might just come here once a month

#42 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well tell Jared that the entire mod team says he needs to quit being a pussy. Gonna quote Canada on this one, "And you can take that to the bank."

This is my misguided effort to grow the community.
  • Unikraken likes this

#43 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well tell Jared that the entire mod team says he needs to quit being a pussy. Gonna quote Canada on this one, "And you can take that to the bank."

This is my misguided effort to grow the community.

Lol ember
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#44 DEMONTHESE2211

DEMONTHESE2211

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Having now played a multiplayer game it seems like infection is a little broken. To me it felt like once infection was researched it stunts growth and forces people to spend a disproportional amount of time, effort, and resources to defend against it. It just seems like it breaks the flow of the game, especially considering the only real option to deal with it is to then research it yourself or be at a massive disadvantage. I believe somewhere it has been brought up that rushing 8 military stations and then getting a supercarrier as a strategy. Something similar, though slightly more expensive is possible with infection.

#45 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Having now played a multiplayer game it seems like infection is a little broken. To me it felt like once infection was researched it stunts growth and forces people to spend a disproportional amount of time, effort, and resources to defend against it. It just seems like it breaks the flow of the game, especially considering the only real option to deal with it is to then research it yourself or be at a massive disadvantage. I believe somewhere it has been brought up that rushing 8 military stations and then getting a supercarrier as a strategy. Something similar, though slightly more expensive is possible with infection.

Well in Halo it forced the UNSC and Covenant to join together multiple times in order to fight the Flood. Well documented, and is one of the primary reasons for the Alliance of the Elite rebels and the UNSC
Spoiler

#46 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

More a suggestion but for the anchor stations can you add some sort of orbital refinery upgrade so you can park them in asteroid fields. That would be awesome.

I also think the phoenix colony ships need to be faster.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#47 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

The unsc frigates (Charon, Paris) don't move to auto attack strike craft. You have to manually move them close enough to use their AA guns. I think they auto use mac guns against the strike craft but don't actually shoot the mac just target with it.
Spoiler

#48 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Flak Guns on Sabre Hangars don't work/ aren't present but there is research for flak cannons.
Spoiler

#49 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Flak Guns on Sabre Hangars don't work/ aren't present but there is research for flak cannons.

Please post bug reports in the same thread you've been using. This thread is more for suggestions and feature requests than bugs anyway.

#50 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

That was an accident. Forgot which thread I was on.
Spoiler

#51 rundown

rundown

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

one problem i have with the unsc is that when u have a fleet of ships and they go to attack another fleet they all attack one ship in the opeset fleet and wast mac shot on a already dead ship.(u must know what i mean) is there a way to chang it ???? (other than frantick clicking). maybe a reserch option could be made to target deferent ships in a fleet . or maybe im doing it rong. hop i exsplained myself good lol and btw i love the mod

#52 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

one problem i have with the unsc is that when u have a fleet of ships and they go to attack another fleet they all attack one ship in the opeset fleet and wast mac shot on a already dead ship.(u must know what i mean) is there a way to chang it ???? (other than frantick clicking). maybe a reserch option could be made to target deferent ships in a fleet . or maybe im doing it rong. hop i exsplained myself good lol and btw i love the mod

First off, I'm going to assume you're a non-native English speaker and not harass you for your terrible grammar and spelling. The targeting issue is not something we can do anything about. Ships target the first enemy they see and when ships jump in in a hodgepodge manner only one ship is going to show up first, so everyone is going to try to kill that ship first. However, there is a fairly simple way around this Sins hiccup. They only targeted that ship first because it was the first one to jump in, now there are more targets. What I do is hit the "stop" button and they'll immediately reacquire new targets from the enemies available.
  • Emberblaque likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#53 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

The unsc frigates (Charon, Paris) don't move to auto attack strike craft. You have to manually move them close enough to use their AA guns. I think they auto use mac guns against the strike craft but don't actually shoot the mac just target with it.

The only ships that will actively engage strikecraft are ships that do more autocannon damage than any other weapon. This is a sins hardcoded thing that we can't do anything about. Charons used to do more AC damage than anything else and they would fly off to kill fighters and leave a fleet undefended. Hard to fix that, as one can imagine.

#54 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

More a suggestion but for the anchor stations can you add some sort of orbital refinery upgrade so you can park them in asteroid fields. That would be awesome.

I also think the phoenix colony ships need to be faster.

We fully intend on adding orbital refineries to the starbase. Definitely on our list of things to do. I'll see if it can make it into the next patch.

#55 rundown

rundown

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I new i was doing sume thing rong now i know cheers

#56 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Maybe there should be an Australian accent In-game because I haven't heard one

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#57 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yea, diversify the accents more.
Spoiler

#58 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

And also because us Aussie's sound bloody awesome, luckily I am.

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#59 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

If any of you sound like you've passed puberty contact Sancho and offer your services. We have enough 16 year old voices in the mod currently though.

#60 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Idea for the Halycon Refit: is there a way to use the longsword model for its shiva nuclear missile, like what happened at the battle of reach?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users