75 replies to this topic

#41 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

I have a siimilae lag problem, but I have a beefy computer. The main problem is SDVs and too many fighters from them.

Basically this. Not sure what's with the AI but damn it loves those things. My planets, on the other hand, do not.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#42 Tsunatus

Tsunatus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUnion City, California

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Basically this. Not sure what's with the AI but damn it loves those things. My planets, on the other hand, do not.

Don't remind me, when i was playing against them yesterday they came to one of my planets with 200 of them and close a thousand fighters total since all three covies converged on my planet i called reach. I lost control of my planet in 2 seconds when they bombarded it. They love their SDV, fighter zerg

#43 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Oh The Flood. They are so fun to screw around with in multiplayer. When any of you see Sci Fi, ask about the "Day the AI fed the Flood." I haven't laughed that hard in a long time

• The_Silver_Nuke likes this
SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#44 The_Silver_Nuke

The_Silver_Nuke

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Steam:The_Silver_Nuke
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Tsunatus and I gave up on trying to beat the flood yesterday. They were just too tough and we had a bad start

#45 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Tsunatus and I gave up on trying to beat the flood yesterday. They were just too tough and we had a bad start

Gather round children, the story of I, Sci Fi and Grunt and the atrocious AI begin. So during a match, we turned on the AI. It was the 3 of us against 3 AI. Well the AI was kicking our ass and there were Flood worlds on the map. So, Sci Fi and I asked "Hey, I wonder if we could chase the AI's massive fleet into the flood world." Welp, Sci Fi baited the fleet to the Flood world. At least 50 FUCKING HALCYONS in one planets as well as the already existing fleet. And the AI GLITCHED AND KEPT FEEDING IT. There was at least 120 ships in that gravity well 

Posted Image

#46 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Gather round children, the story of I, Sci Fi and Grunt and the atrocious AI begin. So during a match, we turned on the AI. It was the 3 of us against 3 AI. Well the AI was kicking our ass and there were Flood worlds on the map. So, Sci Fi and I asked "Hey, I wonder if we could chase the AI's massive fleet into the flood world." Welp, Sci Fi baited the fleet to the Flood world. At least 50 FUCKING HALCYONS in one planets as well as the already existing fleet. And the AI GLITCHED AND KEPT FEEDING IT. There was at least 120 ships in that gravity well 

Only 120? I saw millions, nay TRILLIONS of ships go into that Flood world, nary a single one to return.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#47 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Only 120? I saw millions, nay TRILLIONS of ships go into that Flood world, nary a single one to return.

And then we created a combined task force to successfully destroy that monster of a Flood fleet. And then you stabbed us in the back and attacked us

Posted Image

#48 The_Silver_Nuke

The_Silver_Nuke

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Steam:The_Silver_Nuke
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Traitor!

#49 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I remember my first game. I had the flood on. They destroyed the Covenant enemy and I thought I was all set. Nope!  They approached from five different ways and capped all of my outer planets within 5 minutes. I set up my last defense a world away from my main, but at that point I didn't know you should actually spam ships. I had about 20 ships thinking I was good. They came in with over 120. It was a sad, sad day for the UNSC.

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#50 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

I remember my first game. I had the flood on. They destroyed the Covenant enemy and I thought I was all set. Nope!  They approached from five different ways and capped all of my outer planets within 5 minutes. I set up my last defense a world away from my main, but at that point I didn't know you should actually spam ships. I had about 20 ships thinking I was good. They came in with over 120. It was a sad, sad day for the UNSC.

The Flood are absolutely terrifying to fight. Hopefully when the Forerunner are added in we'll have a better chance

Posted Image

#51 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

They're not that bad. As the UNSC all you need is tons of Makos and some Paris' and Thanatos'. Marathons are a good bet for cheap nukes. 

As the Covenant..... good luck.

#52 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

They're not that bad. As the UNSC all you need is tons of Makos and some Paris' and Thanatos'. Marathons are a good bet for cheap nukes.

As the Covenant..... good luck.

For some reason in my games (late game) the Covies have an easier time taking flood worlds than I do. I mainly play as UNSC. I think just the sheer amount they spam overwhelms even the flood. The key to winning flood games is to keep the final flood attack off of you no matter what. If they get launched against you, you might as well quit and start over.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

i never really had a problem with the flood nukes helped ALOT as well as MAKO ships with about 86 thantos and 20 athens with longsword fighters and 7 marathon for their nukes 

i always set up a rediculous defence one lane from the flood world so they cant try anything

#54 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

For some reason in my games (late game) the Covies have an easier time taking flood worlds than I do. I mainly play as UNSC. I think just the sheer amount they spam overwhelms even the flood. The key to winning flood games is to keep the final flood attack off of you no matter what. If they get launched against you, you might as well quit and start over.

Or just rush them in under 30 minutes. Ain't hard

• SPECTRE likes this

#55 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Lol

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#56 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

At that point I'm usually in a bloody war with one of the AI over resources and territory.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#57 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

At that point I'm usually in a bloody war with one of the AI over resources and territory.

I remember Sloose yelling at me to start gearing up against the Flood but I was too busy in an honor way against some AI to pay much mind to my impending doom. Good times.

Welcome aboard though.

yLM4TEk.png

#58 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

That only works if you can find the flood world and clear a path to it or suicide run to it. Not to mention bombarding it.

#59 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

That only works if you can find the flood world and clear a path to it or suicide run to it. Not to mention bombarding it.

Random generation always places flood world towards the center. It ain't hard to find and blaze a path through.

#60 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Random generation always places flood world towards the center. It ain't hard to find and blaze a path through.

I use an extra random map pack because the layout of the default randoms is more or less the same so I could spawn with it as one of my capital's moons... so I would have to spam a fuck load of parises in there for a mostly useless planet for +3 tax bonus. Honestly precursor ruins should give a culture spread, research, and a (bigger) economic bonus. No point in diverting resources to going on a suicide attack against the Flood. The only time I don't really care is when I hijack the Forerunner sentinels (the ones that are strong as hell, can't remember their names) with Autumns and send them in since they can't get infected. They lack antimatter. I really hope that was intentional and I didn't just give up a fun bug..

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users