• Create Account

Photo

So what are the requirements for a play tester?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Play a more advanced version, it updates a lot, so you can't really finish a game

Posted Image

#22 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

So what does a play tester do in this mod?

Do they play a more advance non public version, or do they have a time machine to go foward into the furture to get a full release version of SotP and you guys cut out what you don't want in that version so as to keep the community on edge?

Playtesters play the in-development version of the mod as we're developing it. They look for bugs and balance issues and communicate those to us in their private section of the forum. If they show an aptitude for coding they can become staff, but most do not. We pay attention to the AI behavior as well as the competitive impact of changes to the balance, trying to find a middle ground.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#23 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Playtesters play the in-development version of the mod as we're developing it. They look for bugs and balance issues and communicate those to us in their private section of the forum. If they show an aptitude for coding they can become staff, but most do not. We pay attention to the AI behavior as well as the competitive impact of changes to the balance, trying to find a middle ground.

Thanks the guy im helping to make a guide for SotP sent me on a quest to see how to become a playtester as he is away right now he also wanted to see what they did and if it would be worth while for him to try and become one for his guide.

The guide is not public and he is the only one who can make it pub i just help find pretty pictures and do reaserch wtih UNSC and covie tactics.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks the guy im helping to make a guide for SotP sent me on a quest to see how to become a playtester as he is away right now he also wanted to see what they did and if it would be worth while for him to try and become one for his guide.

The guide is not public and he is the only one who can make it pub i just help find pretty pictures and do reaserch wtih UNSC and covie tactics.

Who is he? I'd like to speak with him.

#25 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Steam name is Tazunte

He said hed be gone till May 1st but he has MIA since, I think he went on a camping trip or something

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#26 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Steam name is Tazunte

He said hed be gone till May 1st but he has MIA since, I think he went on a camping trip or something

How do you know him and why isn't here on the forums? Just curious about this fellow.

#27 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

How do you know him and why isn't here on the forums? Just curious about this fellow.

Met him on the steam forums after someone asked on if there was a halo mod.

He ain't on the forums is because he was gonna do it then what ever made him go missing has kept him off. Like i said i think he went  on a camping trip that or a funeral can't remember.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#28 rovert881

rovert881

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Steam:Rovert881
  • LocationHarvest

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

please...

that happens when you become a member

That happens right when you play the mod or see a video of the mod

" Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?"   -Avery Johnson

"You've just got Sarge'd" -Sarge

"Worst throw ever...Of all time" -Washington

#29 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

How to become a playtester: -Honestly I have no f... clue. Been there for so Long and haven't figured it out yet

What does a playtester: -Either they are dining in a great hall at Uni's basement or are working slaves further down below in the code mines. That remains a mystery.

Either way they are poor souls and I don't wa... OH HOLY SHIT I'M PINK!!!! NOOOOOO

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#30 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

How to become a playtester: -Honestly I have no f... clue. Been there for so Long and haven't figured it out yet

What does a playtester: -Either they are dining in a great hall at Uni's basement or are working slaves further down below in the code mines. That remains a mystery.

Either way they are poor souls and I don't wa... OH HOLY SHIT I'M PINK!!!! NOOOOOO

Another minion for me

Posted Image

#31 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

The main thing is to stay active, and ensure you are serious about helping out. i.e do not slack off.

Spoiler

#32 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

working slaves further down below in the code mines

vc5sq9I.gif

• sloosecannon, Defender0, MrChipps and 5 others like this

#33 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

We usually drink and party all night long, with girls and chips and karaoke. Then this song starts and someone gets involved in a fight and everything goes out of control.

Sometimes we also play the mod.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#34 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

Where does Uni always get thos? I'm pretty sure he dedicated some PT to fill his meme library

Dwarf.png

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#35 Gravemind

Gravemind

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Steam:Swiggle sheep
  • LocationInstallation 04

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

i find the mod staff here awesome. most Mod devs keep their mods under lock and key for most people. :D

"I? I am a monument to all your sins." -Gravemind

#36 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

You can skip being a playtester and graduate straight to dev if you shit new content. That's the fastest way, but also the hardest.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#37 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

I could but that would require a 28hour day for me... so... there is a reason I was absent for a few months

Dwarf.png

#38 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hey Uni if your still looking to talk to him He was on earlier today he just ain't on a lot lately due to school and EVE online the corporation he works for has been fighting a war. So he just has not booted up steam a lot but he is on.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#39 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Good:
Add/suggest good quality content.
Be friendly with the devs
Hang out with us on Steam/Skype/play Sins regularly (if you don't screw up, this is almost guaranteed to get you in)

I do 2 of these, and would do the third if I had a mic. So uhhh... Why am I not a tester? (JustkiddingpleasedontregurgitatethenreingestmysoulOgreatandpowerfulUnikraken!)
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#40 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

I do 2 of these, and would do the third if I had a mic. So uhhh... Why am I not a tester? (JustkiddingpleasedontregurgitatethenreingestmysoulOgreatandpowerfulUnikraken!)

What is the one you don't do?

I wondered why you weren't tester.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users