#21 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Halo 4 attempted to tap into the more human element of Chief that has been explored in the books. Whether it was successful or not ultimately boils down to personal opinion.

• MrChipps and Stephan-338 like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#22 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

Second paragraph I understood. What the fuck were you trying to say in the other two..?

I don't know I should not be posting at 1 in the moringing but I meant

1) is that I don't like how they tried to mak echief more human when that was better to be in the books at least for me

2) I hate they say the USNC completely changed the way their ships looked becuase 5 years had gone I find that to be bullshit

Edited by Bornsteller, 18 May 2014 - 10:57 PM.
Damn, I can't even be bothered to fix the mistakes here.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#23 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

I don't see how they "completely" changed the look of their ships in five years, there are only two new ships that we've seen, the Infinity and the Strident-class heavy frigate, and I really can't see how they are "smooth"

Spoiler

Posted Image

#24 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

*Waits for Zero to bust in, primed with examples and technobabble*

• Zero likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#25 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

I don't see how they "completely" changed the look of their ships in five years, there are only two new ships that we've seen, the Infinity and the Strident-class heavy frigate, and I really can't see how they are "smooth"

Spoiler

Well you never see a Paris or Marathon you only see stridents and the Infinty aside from spartan ops even though they have what 2 or 3 battle groups surronding the didacts ships in the final mission? yet you only see stridents. Also I meant is it seems there is no really edges everything looks like it got a sandblasting to makes the endges of all the corners and shit curved

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#26 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Well you never see a Paris or Marathon you only see stridents and the Infinty aside from spartan ops even though they have what 2 or 3 battle groups surronding the didacts ships in the final mission? yet you only see stridents. Also I meant is it seems there is no really edges everything looks like it got a sandblasting to makes the endges of all the corners and shit curved

You also see Autumns...

Spoiler

Posted Image

#27 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

You also see Autumns...

Spoiler

hmm I saw those and i assumed those were just Halycons I thought the Autumns were something from one of the graphic novels that I have never read or can find

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#28 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

He's not talking about being round like Covenant ships, he's talking about how all the edges are chamfered. The Strident and Infinity are very chamfered and rounded. Also did you miss the ships at the end of Halo 4?

• Bornstellaris and SternuS like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:58 AM

He's not talking about being round like Covenant ships, he's talking about how all the edges are chamfered. The Strident and Infinity are very chamfered and rounded. Also did you miss the ships at the end of Halo 4?

I bet I did, could you show a picture?

Posted Image

#30 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

Dakota_1.jpg

Unidentified_UNSC_CS_A1.jpg

Unidentified_frigate_2.jpg

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#31 KillaBC

KillaBC

KillaBC cannot into space

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts
  • LocationWorksop, England

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

I actually really like the look of those ships. Especially the middle one.

• Defender0 likes this

STA3/ST:I Dev 

#32 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

please drink cyanide

• Unikraken, JasonAHawkins, Bornstellaris and 2 others like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#33 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Thank you thats what I was trying to say but I really could not get how to say it without saying rounded or sandblasted

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#34 KillaBC

KillaBC

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

please drink cyanide

They certainly are lower quality than the CGI cutscenes however there shapes are indicative of ship metallurgy advancement. More refined shapes and possibly stronger materials as evidenced by the different hull colour.

I see no problem with a slight redesign of UNSC ships, WW2 vessels started to look dramaticly different after the war had ended as RADAR became standard and missiles/rockets were installed. It's just humanity going forward after getting a bit of breathing room.      

• chiefship and SPECTRE like this

#35 technophobeus

technophobeus

STA3 Coder

• Modding Personality
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

please drink cyanide

perhaps Halo home front might get a little more attention and popularity if you considered things without such bile in your responses. Die in a fire. See? you've lowered me to your level. 

• Moustachio86 likes this

Don't talk to me while I'm shagging sheep!!!!

#36 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

They certainly are lower quality than the CGI cutscenes however there shapes are indicative of ship metallurgy advancement. More refined shapes and possibly stronger materials as evidenced by the different hull colour.

I see no problem with a slight redesign of UNSC ships, WW2 vessels started to look dramaticly different after the war had ended as RADAR became standard and missiles/rockets were installed. It's just humanity going forward after getting a bit of breathing room.      

Why would you want your ships to be white in space? There is no point to have a bunch of curved shapes in a vacuum. I can't think of any engineering standpoint where you would want to have a bunch of curves in a ship meant only for space when you have gravity control and lack of need of rocket launch vehicles. Unless there's some technobabble on shields liking curves. You might as well keep it as utilitarian as possible. Sure you can have stronger materials but I'd imagine they would paint the ships so you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Also as a sidenote, the Broadsword is a stupid design. Forward swept wings for a craft meant to transfer from Hypersonic to Supersonic. Are they trying to rip the wings off the thing every time it needs to go into atmosphere? Even if you could transfer them to back swept. You just over complicated the design.

It feels the UNSC took a step back in the engineering department.

• VDNKh and Lavo like this

#37 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

meh, time to drop the bomb

aside from halo wars, halo 4 is my favorite halo game.

• McChaffee and The Flood like this

#38 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

With how UNSC spaceships look any ships aside from the infinty in Halo4 looks like the UNSC looked at their ships and said "hey what can we do to make them obvious" someone then said "make it white" then the guy replied " great idea bob why the hell did i not think of that now lets go paint all our ships as white as a fucking snow flake"

WHY PAINT YOUR SHIPS FUCKING WHITE IN A BLACK ENVIROMENT?????????? thats like wearing fucking a T-shirt and Jeans while hunting elk it wont fucking work.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#39 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

What really grinds my gears is the lack of explaination.

Armour changed? Cortana with some nanotech stuff.

New Kig-Yar aspect? Them being from an isolated country.

Why have UNSC's officers outfits changed like that? Why there's a metal spine on their backs? You know...new tech and stuff.

Why did Cortana changed dramatically her appearance? -no response-

What are those ship at the end of the Campaign? -no response.

It just seems like they tried to redesign the whole Halo Universe, but didn't really completed it.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#40 KillaBC

KillaBC

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Granted the white looks far too bright but if they were in Halo Reach grey they would look far better.

Then again Halo 4's story was shite and was 343's attempt to make their own thing and it fell utterly flat on its face. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users