22 replies to this topic

#1 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

I notice in halo 3 and reach the scarab gets dropped from orbit but what ship drops them off though

sorry if this post is in the wrong place

#2 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Probably the assault carrier shadow of intent since it was the only ship within close proximity of the ark citadel.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

wouldnt have been shadow of intent, they were loyalist scarabs

• David0425 and Rocket1615 like this

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

CAS carriers can drop them. I'd assume they were dropped as a last ditch by a Loyalist straggler. Also, assuming it takes time to drop 2 scarabs from fucking orbit it probably took a bit to get there. Also, you should probably put this in the Halo Lore subsection of the Off Topic section.

Although, the CAS does need some abilities... I like this a lot. I really do. 

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'd go with the CAS too, but yeah this is a question that bothered me since the days of Halo 3.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

wouldnt have been shadow of intent, they were loyalist scarabs

Oops lol. Though in my defense im a xenophobic so it might as well have been those friendly split lips.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

I think master of ships suggested scarabs and lichens to be used similar to pelicans on UNSC ships.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#8 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

I think master of ships suggested scarabs and lichens to be used similar to pelicans on UNSC ships.

liches didn't make an appearance until halo 4, where lasky states that it is an "unknown vehicle".

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#9 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

liches didn't make an appearance until halo 4, where lasky states that it is an "unknown vehicle".

I meant he suggested we use both in mod.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#10 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

I meant he suggested we use both in mod.

oh lol sry

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#11 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

oh lol sry

No it's fine, i didn't reference it.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#12 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

I dunno honestly.  Rtas says 'Truth's fleet lies in ruin.'  The only real possibility is that it was dropped by Truth's dreadnought which did not take part in the attack.

#13 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

I dunno honestly.  Rtas says 'Truth's fleet lies in ruin.'  The only real possibility is that it was dropped by Truth's dreadnought which did not take part in the attack.

You know the Loyalists had more than just Truth's fleet, right?

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

In the visual guide it says they were around before Halo 4, but they only really came to the forefront during Requiem.

I would suspect they were probably excess stock the Remnant were able to steal or buy from somewhere.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#15 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

In the visual guide it says they were around before Halo 4, but they only really came to the forefront during Requiem.

I would suspect they were probably excess stock the Remnant were able to steal or buy from somewhere.

this. more than likely discontinued for whatever reason and then pulled back out out of sheer necessity. kind of like the halcyon. the remnant doesnt exactly have production capacity anymore

Spoiler

Spoiler

#16 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Recent lore has been hammering in that there are plenty of Covenant vechiles the UNSC didn't encounter during the war. Which makes sense due to the group being around for 3,000 years.

#17 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

"Truth's fleet lies in ruin" doesn't mean every ship is destroyed.

It really could've been one of the final ships doing a last ditch effort to guard truth, since the keyship landed on the Ark and didn't do a thing in the battle.

• Crisiss likes this

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Recent lore has been hammering in that there are plenty of Covenant vechiles the UNSC didn't encounter during the war. Which makes sense due to the group being around for 3,000 years.

Your colored text is gonna kill me

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

I notice in halo 3 and reach the scarab gets dropped from orbit but what ship drops them off though

sorry if this post is in the wrong place

I can drop scarabs, but the ones that you saw drop weren't my babies, they were probably from one of my relatives.
Spoiler

#20 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

"Truth's fleet lies in ruin" doesn't mean every ship is destroyed.

It really could've been one of the final ships doing a last ditch effort to guard truth, since the keyship landed on the Ark and didn't do a thing in the battle.

It would have had to be a CAS though, since CCS cruisers have no visible hangar/cargo bay for something of that size. Again, it probably just took a while to deploy 2 scarabs from a couple million miles up while landing EXACTLY on target.

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users