#21 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Phoenix-class Assault ship
Phoenix-class Assault carrier

to be perfectly honest, both arguments for each name have their merits, but there is a problem with "assault carrier". i just keep getting reminded of the CAS whenever someone says "assault carrier", so maybe assault ship is the way to go?

Also, in star wars, there was a ship, the Acclimator-class, that had the nickname "assault ship". It served an almost identical role as the phoenix, except it was more heavily armed comparatively

#22 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

to be perfectly honest, both arguments for each name have their merits, but there is a problem with "assault carrier". i just keep getting reminded of the CAS whenever someone says "assault carrier", so maybe assault ship is the way to go?

Unikraken wants it to sound like the CAS-class Assault Carrier because that sounds fucking awesome. To him the Phoenix-class Assault Carrier is just one level more orgasmic because it's a real and relatively badass word with a powerful symbolic significance instead of a meaningless, human assigned acronym.

Really, it's fucking insane if you think about it. I swear sometimes I have no idea what's going on in that guy's head.

#23 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I get that, and ultimately the semantics are meaningless so I'm not gonna be nit-picky. I just have some doubts of it being classified as a carrier, which its not, rather than an assault transport, which it is.

Again, zero fucks given.

yLM4TEk.png

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Very well, it can be the Phoenix-class Assault Ship.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users