• Create Account

Photo

New UNSC ships in Halo 4 (besides the Infinity)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I saw these new ship designs while playing the Midnight level on campaign. Has anyone else noticed them? Pics are posted below along with the links for their respective Halopedia articles.

UNSC "Unidentified Antennae Class"

Posted Image

UNSC "Unidentified Dorsal Plated Class"

Posted Image

UNSC "Unidentified Frigate Class"

Posted Image
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#2 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

i never noticed these before
Spoiler

#3 Wolf186

Wolf186

GRRRRRR! RUFF!!

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Don't know about the top two, but the bottom one is probably the redesign Charon class, just the entire ship is there.

#4 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

still doesnt look good if it is the charon

#5 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Don't know about the top two, but the bottom one is probably the redesign Charon class, just the entire ship is there.

Maybe. It'd make sense if it were.

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

We plan to include the new Charon class in Rebellion, until we get more solid info about the other ships we have no intention of including them.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#7 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

We plan to include the new Charon class in Rebellion, until we get more solid info about the other ships we have no intention of including them.

Yeah that does seem prudent. Also, will the new Charon class replace the old one? Or will you be able to research the newer Charon class separately, like the corvettes in Rebellion? Sorry if this has already been answered.

#8 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Agreed with Unikraken, it's too hard to tell what class and type of ships those other ones are.
Posted Image

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's very likely the new Charon class frigates will only be called in by the Infinity. 2 Frigates will jump into the gravity well at a cost. You'll basically be requisitioning them from FLEETCOM.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Lol that new ship house style is disgusting.

Reminds me of Mass Effect for some reason, possibly the colour.

#11 Kaden

Kaden

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I like the first ship in screen shot 1. The one in screen shot 2 looks like something out of star wars.

#12 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hate the new ships; doesnt remind me of UNSC styles.
Liked earlier charon class's.

#13 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

God I hope not, those ships look like complete shit. Personally 343 dropped the ball with the UNSC in Halo 4. I like the new art direction, but I just wish it actually adhered to design elements that Bungie had established rather than saying "lolno we're going to make shit up."

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

It's very likely the new Charon class frigates will only be called in by the Infinity. 2 Frigates will jump into the gravity well at a cost. You'll basically be requisitioning them from FLEETCOM.

That sounds awesome.

#15 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

God I hope not, those ships look like complete shit. Personally 343 dropped the ball with the UNSC in Halo 4. I like the new art direction, but I just wish it actually adhered to design elements that Bungie had established rather than saying "lolno we're going to make shit up."

The first ship looks alright, and the Infinity's design is pretty good. Besides that I agree. Unfortunately I feel like we're going to be seeing more of these ships in the next Halo games.

#16 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Might be a stupid question but are we absolutely 100% sure that these ships are UNSC and not something out of the didact's fleet? Just from looking at the Spartan Ops episode 1 frigates and comparing them to these, I don't really feel like they share and characteristics. Nor do I see and UNSC markings on any of these ships. I also remember the whole battle group Dakota thing but I still don't see any way of positively identifying these as UNSC due to the complete lack of all markings.
Posted Image

#17 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Might be a stupid question but are we absolutely 100% sure that these ships are UNSC and not something out of the didact's fleet? Just from looking at the Spartan Ops episode 1 frigates and comparing them to these, I don't really feel like they share and characteristics. Nor do I see and UNSC markings on any of these ships.

They're UNSC alright. These are some of the new ships that make up Battlegroup Dakota, part of the UNSC's Home Fleet. It's all in the Halopedia article.

#18 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

If that is the case then I view these ships as I view the Covie Supercarrier in Reach, plot devices. Don't really fit into anything from the previous stories or the current story. An anomaly of sorts if you will, people taking artistic and creative liberties for the sake of advancing a story.
Posted Image

#19 Wolf186

Wolf186

GRRRRRR! RUFF!!

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

If that is the case then I view these ships as I view the Covie Supercarrier in Reach, plot devices. Don't really fit into anything from the previous stories or the current story. An anomaly of sorts if you will, people taking artistic and creative liberties for the sake of advancing a story.

I would agree with you but, the ships seen in this level, are just background props. They are not mentioned and not seen in any cinematic, even the bottom one isn't the new Charon class. So these are most likely fillers that might be replaced later on.
On another note, I was re-watching the Spartan Ops episodes, and I noticed that the Charon was refitted with shields. In the Rebellion port of SotP, will UNSC ships have shields but weaker than what the Covenant have?

#20 thefallenlords

thefallenlords

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hmm, yeah going to have to say that these might be just prop ships. Lack of the usual UNSC insignia, lack of visible weapons, odd design in comparison to most ships we've seen so far, relatively small size (too small to carry a meaningful number of Longswords. Pelicans, etc.), and not the usual black/dark color schemes would heavily imply this. At best maybe they are electronic warfare ships judging by the first image or maybe some older refit ships.
  • TheWaffleIron likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users