• Create Account

Photo

New UNSC ships in Halo 4 (besides the Infinity)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Told you Halo 4 was going to be awful.

#42 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

I don't know that much about armor on ships in Halo but I have always wondered why ceramics were never used against Covie plasma weapons... So maybe... the detail and color could be because the UNSC started using ceramic. After all they were starting to incorporate them into body armor over the early war titanium for Marines if I remember correctly.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#43 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Told you Halo 4 was going to be awful.

That doesn't make a game awful. Also, your point would stand better if you gave specific answers as to why you think it is awful. Though if memory serves me, you're a PC elitist and never played it so that would make your opinion void all together. I could be wrong though, so please correct me.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#44 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Playing Xbox longer than pc.

343i fucked up the lore and it's not cheap, tacky and like everything else.

"Mastur Chief you are recliner an u ar god"

"ok"

Lel nice.

#45 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Librarian gives MC the thing the Didact has, like the force crap so i guess in halo 5 and 6 we can use the freaking force with energy swords, turning it into star wars.

#46 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Librarian gives MC the thing the Didact has, like the force crap so i guess in halo 5 and 6 we can use the freaking force with energy swords, turning it into star wars.

No she doesn't... she simply speeds up his evolutionary process so that he won't be composed. Never has there been anything to support him having the same equipment that The Didact had that enabled him to use constraint fields.

http://www.halopedia...onstraint_field
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

#47 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

"Mastur chef u ar speshul.... 90000000000 years of planning"

"ok"

Hue hue.

#48 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

If you wanna bitch about Halo 4, there's a thread for that...

Anyway, back to the topic this thread is actually about; does anyone else get the vibe of possibly Marathon-class from the Antenna ship?

#49 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Anyway, back to the topic this thread is actually about; does anyone else get the vibe of possibly Marathon-class from the Antenna ship?

No, because it looks nothing like a Marathon-class.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
Wat.

#51 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

No, because it looks nothing like a Marathon-class.

Right and the Charon-class Light Frigates look exactly the same between Halo 3 and 4.

#52 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

No, but at least the Halo 3 and Halo 4 models share similar design structure such as side hangar bays, an upper and lower arm for the MAC housing and sensor array, and an observation deck mounted on the top of the craft.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

No, but at least the Halo 3 and Halo 4 models share similar design structure such as side hangar bays, an upper and lower arm for the MAC housing and sensor array, and an observation deck mounted on the top of the craft.

Thus why I said 'possibly' since we've yet to see the new Marathons (or the old ones).

That said, part of my opinion on the matter also stems from the new version of the Halcyon that we're shown has this rather large antenna at the front that was lacking in the original and smaller in Reach.. plus 343i is redesigning everything anyway so who knows, just spitballing at the moment.

#54 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thus why I said 'possibly' since we've yet to see the new Marathons (or the old ones).

Will if the new Charon resembles some key aspects of the old one and you acknowledge that, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out your reasoning for this possibly being a Marathon when they share no qualities. Your only argument is that 343 made the antenna on the Halcyon longer (which IMO it isn't)?

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#55 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Will if the new Charon resembles some key aspects of the old one and you acknowledge that, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out your reasoning for this possibly being a Marathon when they share no qualities. Your only argument is that 343 made the antenna on the Halcyon longer (which IMO it isn't)?

They're about the same size as each other as well, but again, most of this is speculation and thus why it's a 'vibe' that it could -possibly- be an upgraded Marathon. I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying you have to agree with me, I'm just saying it kinda gives me the feeling of "huh... maybe... maybe not...."

#56 That1Niftyguy

That1Niftyguy

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's possible that the UNSC threw these ships together to rebuild their navy quickly due to the Covenant wiping out every ship they had. Besides, these ships look like cargo ships or transport shuttles refit for military use.
  • ONI Michael, MasterOfShips and Kommrad II like this

The somewhat-silent observer

#57 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Also a very valid theory.

#58 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Well, they did show several Halcyons during the multiplayer and prologue cutscenes, so I expect that those ships won't be substituting the classic capital ships.

They keep showing the halcyon because it is recognizable. Everyone knows what the halcyon looks like and about how big it is. It is used as a point of reference to the other ships.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#59 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

It's possible that the UNSC threw these ships together to rebuild their navy quickly due to the Covenant wiping out every ship they had. Besides, these ships look like cargo ships or transport shuttles refit for military use.

You may have a point and the UNSC would through everything it had at Mantle's Aproach. They could be the replacement for the Pheonix Refit and assault ship of sorts... speculation I know but possible.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#60 Conran

Conran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

From my understanding, logically considering the speed the Infinity was built, along with its Forerunner components (see Spartan Ops for further details) we can reasonably assume some ships were updated in one form or another. However, this goes on player logic and not actual lore, which makes it land on shakey ground.

In saying that, 343 did kind of bugger up some iconic things, Pelican redesign (fuck rounded cockpits, I want my pelican of over ten years back), marines voices (oh hey, guess no one told you, UNSC is now an all american space corp, gtfo u bad aussies and mexicans), some guns (not all, but some are now a bit... umm not great). Wasn't a big fan of the Covenent redesign either but ho hum, artistic liscense etc.

At the end of the day, could be bad design alterations, "artistic liscense" or actual reasoning along the lines of time passed and upgrades were needed.

Anyway this is all off topic, and while i'd love to troll with a comment about Reachs Cov super carrier, instead i'll go with; anyone else got any decent res screenshots of ships from the game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users