• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

UNSC Titan is not in Public Build.

Otherwise I cant say anything else or ill be back to the blue

• Unleashed likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#3 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

So im playing a match here, and so far, the game has reported the Covenant building Titans (multiple other ai) buuuutttttt, which is kind of odd, considering what low logic levels go into putting one factions Titan in before another factions Titan in?

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

I feel as if the when the titans are added it will add the one thing that SOTP needs.

A centre piece.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#5 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

man, these ai got like 10 DDS class ships, but, ive got 40-something Marathon class ships (all with nukes) and most of them with fighters (because the enemy has a ton of bombers) with some bombers mixed in, and 10 or so Orion Battlecruisers, lets see them take this on! (they probably will crush me)........

#6 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

So im playing a match here, and so far, the game has reported the Covenant building Titans (multiple other ai) buuuutttttt, which is kind of odd, considering what low logic levels go into putting one factions Titan in before another factions Titan in?

It was there and ready so they left it in, the Infinity on the other hand at that point was still being made not even ingame for us playtesters. 

Covenant titan is basically a sniper they wreck havoc on things like SMAC stations and most ships at range but shield a Thermoplye or couple of Autumns supported by other ships and it will get destroyed by the shivas and mac fire. Not even really a titan in my mind just a really good specialty ship

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#7 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

not really, the AI was on the easiest it could go, and yet, somehow produces 500+ CCS class ships with over 50+ Titans (Salvation class), that was ONE EASY ai, i managed to keep the other 2 happy with some resource gifts............ and im not exxargerating on the ship numbers, that what the end game result was after the AI annihilated my planets.............

#8 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

I had so many SMACS surrounding my planets, and the worst part is, i had managed 20 Thermoplyes or whatever they're called, and they killed them all in less than half a minute...........

#9 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

not really, the AI was on the easiest it could go, and yet, somehow produces 500+ CCS class ships with over 50+ Titans (Salvation class), that was ONE EASY ai, i managed to keep the other 2 happy with some resource gifts............ and im not exxargerating on the ship numbers, that what the end game result was after the AI annihilated my planets.............

Salvations (CAS) are not titans they are standard capital class ships with the unique ability of being the only cap ship (afaik) thats not a titan to be immune to flood.

The Ai even the cheatiest of the cheating ones can only build 1 titan.

Also Im sure it was crisiss(or rovert can't remember might of been HTRK) who did the math that you can get 236 CCSes with no Caps built. So unless you had one fercious battle where each side kept sending in more no way they had that all at once. Both sides also only get 36 capital ship crew and the Slavation take up two I think.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#10 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

like the title says, No UNSC Titan? :(

Soon™

• SPECTRE likes this

#11 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

Here is the situation on the UNSC Titan. We will be placing Infinity as the titan. We currently have a placeholder in the private build. However, it is unlikely that we will release Infinity without the appropriate art assets. The artist that is responsible for most of the UNSC fleet is currently working on the Infinity. As such the ships will be done in the same quality as the other ships you have seen.
  • Defender0, MrChipps, D4RKST0RM99 and 3 others like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#12 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

The UNSC doesn't even need a Titan in the public release. They're already incredibly broken.

Since a lot of you don't seem to recognize which ship is the Titan, it is the Superdestroyer, AKA the Covenant battleship. It has a large shield threshold, incredibly fast shield regen, many weapon banks for it's powerful weapons, and some support abilities. It is not made to be a fleet centerpiece. The UNSC counterpart is.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

The Infinity-class warships had 4 MAC cannons, will they fire simotaneusly, or staggered? It was also equipped with Forerunner equipment such as Forerunner Shielding, Engines, etc. Annnnndd, it was able to completely dwarf a CCS-Clas BattleCruiser, as exampled in this video, it was able to ram one while just exiting Slipspace (which is a ship's most vulnerable point in time) and it didnt even scratch the paint. :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=Vc3ktEpgRI8

Ramming time starts around 4:48 in the video :D

#14 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

And if the Covvie Titan is the Super-Destroyer, then it shouldnt be able to survive more than 27 mac rounds, because thats how many ships were left in Cole's fleet after the second battle of Harvest when they faced the Super-Destroyer, so yeah.......

#15 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

And if the Covvie Titan is the Super-Destroyer, then it shouldnt be able to survive more than 27 mac rounds, because thats how many ships were left in Cole's fleet after the second battle of Harvest when they faced the Super-Destroyer, so yeah.......

Some of the ships such as the marathon has double macs, and even some of coles fleet didn't even have macs.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#16 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yes, Cole's fleet consisting of 1+ Marathon Class(2 MACs), 10+ Halycon Class(1 MAC), 9+ Frigates, and his command ship.

#17 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Yes, Cole's fleet consisting of 1+ Marathon Class(2 MACs), 10+ Halycon Class(1 MAC), 9+ Frigates, and his command ship.

You mean 4+ marathons.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#18 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Where does it say that? Im looking on the wiki and it says 1+, not to mention I've read all the Halo books and I remember they had to fire ALL their MAC's so that they would impact the ship at the same time, but only Cole's ship had the advanced AI needed to coordinate all the ships that good, not to mention that Marathon-Class Cruisers never really made a show in the books......

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Where does it say that? Im looking on the wiki and it says 1+, not to mention I've read all the Halo books and I remember they had to fire ALL their MAC's so that they would impact the ship at the same time, but only Cole's ship had the advanced AI needed to coordinate all the ships that good, not to mention that Marathon-Class Cruisers never really made a show in the books......

Where? In the genesis comic you can clearly count at least 4 with a couple of probables and possibly more off screen.

They were in the books. UNSC leviathan?

• Defender0 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

I think you're counting some Halycon-class ships in there, not to mention there was only 5 ever named in the books/comics.

UNSC Leviathan --Notable Battles: The Fall of Reach

*Destroyed over Reach*

UNSC Hannibal --Notable Battles: The Fall of Reach

*Destroyed over Reach*

UNSC Prophecy --Notable Battles: Battle for Harvest

*Destroyed in Second Battle of Harvest*

UNSC Say My Name --Notable Battles: Battle for Harvest, Battle for Earth

*Most Likely Destroyed during battle with Prophet of Truth's fleet.*

UNSC Dresden --Notable Battles: None

*Destroyed over Biko*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users