37 replies to this topic

#21 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

I think you're counting some Halycon-class ships in there, not to mention there was only 5 ever named in the books/comics.

UNSC Leviathan --Notable Battles: The Fall of Reach

*Destroyed over Reach*

UNSC Hannibal --Notable Battles: The Fall of Reach

*Destroyed over Reach*

UNSC Prophecy --Notable Battles: Battle for Harvest

*Destroyed in Second Battle of Harvest*

UNSC Say My Name --Notable Battles: Battle for Harvest, Battle for Earth

*Most Likely Destroyed during battle with Prophet of Truth's fleet.*

UNSC Dresden --Notable Battles: None

*Destroyed over Biko*

Go back and count them, 3 are clearly marathons on the command board and another 4 are seen on the vaults of heaven screen.

EDIT: on the second command screen you can see four marathons too.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#22 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

Whatever, they're unnamed then and on the Vaults of Heaven, I DO count 4, but on the Cole's Eureka Moment screen, theres 3, the two bottom ones are a different class because the top of the ship isnt the same, and on the It Did Not Bode Well screen, theres only 2, the others are either Halycon, Frigates or another class

#23 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

The Infinity-class warships had 4 MAC cannons, will they fire simotaneusly, or staggered? It was also equipped with Forerunner equipment such as Forerunner Shielding, Engines, etc. Annnnndd, it was able to completely dwarf a CCS-Clas BattleCruiser, as exampled in this video, it was able to ram one while just exiting Slipspace (which is a ship's most vulnerable point in time) and it didnt even scratch the paint. :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=Vc3ktEpgRI8

Ramming time starts around 4:48 in the video :D

The Infinity had 6, according to the Halo 4 VG. Yes, it will come equipped with those things, and more. It was a RCS battlecruiser, but fear not, for it will dwarf pretty much every Covenant ship. Also, no, no ramming. Sins' engine being hardcoded.

• Crisiss likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#24 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Whatever, they're unnamed then and on the Vaults of Heaven, I DO count 4, but on the Cole's Eureka Moment screen, theres 3, the two bottom ones are a different class because the top of the ship isnt the same, and on the It Did Not Bode Well screen, theres only 2, the others are either Halycon, Frigates or another class

There's four on that screen. its only a bit of fin, but its enough to tell its a marathon.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#25 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

UNSC Titan is not in Public Build.

It should be in by the next realease which the dev team hopes is with in the next 2 months.

Otherwise I cant say anything else or ill be back to the blue

Was that... an estimated release date? O_O

We are not worthy!

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

#26 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Was that... an estimated release date? O_O

We are not worthy!

No. It's a load of bullshit.

• HTRK74JR and Bornstellaris like this

#27 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

No. It's a load of bullshit.

I thought something seemed a bit off.

It's like having a dream where you are about to fuck megan fox, you know something isn't quite right ... then you wake up and realise it was the dog licking your balls....

.. Not that that ever happened to me mind you ..

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#28 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

I do swear though Uni said something about hoping to have the next release with in 2-3 months. wether the infinity is in is another thing

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#29 Despoiler25

Despoiler25

Old Guard

• Inactive Staff
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAboard the Infinity Class UNSC Inquisitor

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

I do swear though Uni said something about hoping to have the next release with in 2-3 months. wether the infinity is in is another thing

We don't give estimated release dates it's always been 'when it's done, it's done' and it shall not change
  • Defender0, HTRK74JR and D4RKST0RM99 like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Forerunner Cap Rush!
Lover of the Assault Carrier.
One of the "Old" Guard

#30 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

We don't give estimated release dates it's always been 'when it's done, it's done' and it shall not change

Ahh well my apologies then.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#31 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

And if the Covvie Titan is the Super-Destroyer, then it shouldnt be able to survive more than 27 mac rounds, because thats how many ships were left in Cole's fleet after the second battle of Harvest when they faced the Super-Destroyer, so yeah.......

We don't need a rundown on the Infinity. We know what it is capable of. Anyone can read off of a wiki page.

You're forgetting that volley included nukes and archers. We will tweak it to make sure that it can hold it's own but is not invincible. We are not following canon to a T. If we were, every ship but the Supercarrier would get gutted against a CCS.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 axe11154

axe11154

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

what I wana know is why the covie titan a titan, isnt that slightly bigger, middle choise in construction of capital more of a threat with larger shields and hull?

#33 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

what I wana know is why the covie titan a titan, isnt that slightly bigger, middle choise in construction of capital more of a threat with larger shields and hull?

You apparently didn't read my post. No, the CAS is not as good as the battleship will be/is. It has multiple weapon banks (can attack more targets at once), very fast shield regen, and powerful weapons and some good abilities. The amount of shields and size doesn't mean anything. The Covenant Titan is not supposed to be a fleet centerpiece. The Infinity is. If anything, the Covie supercarrier would have been the centerpiece had THE DEVS decided to put it in. The Covenant does not need a "flagship" so to speak.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#34 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

You apparently didn't read my post. No, the CAS is not as good as the battleship will be/is. It has multiple weapon banks (can attack more targets at once), very fast shield regen, and powerful weapons and some good abilities. The amount of shields and size doesn't mean anything. The Covenant Titan is not supposed to be a fleet centerpiece. The Infinity is. If anything, the Covie supercarrier would have been the centerpiece had we decided to put it in. The Covenant does not need a "flagship" so to speak.

SUPERCARRIER? DO YOU MEAN ASSAULT CARRIER? IF YOU MEANT SUPERCARRIER WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#35 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

SUPERCARRIER? DO YOU MEAN ASSAULT CARRIER? IF YOU MEANT SUPERCARRIER WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

Whoopsie-Daisy, Crisiss. You should not spoil informations like that. Now someone might understand what's going on behind closed doors!

*wink wink*

*wink*

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#36 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

Whoopsie-Daisy, Crisiss. You should not spoil informations like that. Now someone might understand what's going on behind closed doors!

*wink wink*

*wink*

ah "wink- wink"

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#37 Unleashed

Unleashed

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Steam:TheUnleashed69
  • LocationMiami,Florida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

PLOT DEVICE CONFIRMED

jk....

The People made me do it.

#38 darkrider400

darkrider400

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth East USA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

im surprised forum is still on-topic................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users