• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

I actually have a working prototype of that map. If I remember the name I'll post a picture of it if you want to see

More flood worlds do not mean more flood raids. All it means is that they have far less "food" to feed on.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Well if there are a lot of flood worlds it means its harder to erradicate the flood.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#23 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Well if there are a lot of flood worlds it means its harder to erradicate the flood.

Exactly. You could have a 10,000 strong fleet but with the flood after 20 worlds you may have fewer then a thousand ships left (I know this as I had several working maps that I never remade for .56)

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#24 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

Exactly. You could have a 10,000 strong fleet but with the flood after 20 worlds you may have fewer then a thousand ships left (I know this as I had several working maps that I never remade for .56)

3 words: LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAG
  • Crisiss likes this

#25 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

It means that you cannot rush them. However, like I said if you give them food "neutral planets" they snowball and you get the same situation with more and more flood fleets roaming the map.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#26 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

This is giving me several very exiting ideas.... expect a few previews within the next few days. you are gonna like what you see.

#27 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

It means that you cannot rush them. However, like I said if you give them food "neutral planets" they snowball and you get the same situation with more and more flood fleets roaming the map.

Why not both?

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#28 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

All details are WIP

Alright, you wanted a flood map, well here it is! 

6WoNFh5.png

Plagued Is the name of this map, and will fulfill all your flood killing needs in a form similar to the endless onslaught seen in firefight in the Halo games. Flood will use wormholes to come out of asteroid belts (belts highlighted in pic) linked to one way wormholes (I am 100% open to changing this if the community feels it is a bad idea) making it a truly unkillable foe. All those asteroids you see will provide the flood with the means to get a sizable force rolling by the time of their first attack, so one must be prepared! But the flood are not the only ones with a boost, the defending players will receive a few starting frigates and small amounts of trade ports to allow easier expansion and to let you fight the flood in a manner that's less frantic, but just as terrifying.

Tell me what you all think! What would you like to see changed or added?

#29 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

All details are WIP

[snip]

Plagued Is the name of this map, and will fulfill all your flood killing needs in a form similar to the endless onslaught seen in firefight in the Halo games. Flood will use wormholes to come out of asteroid belts (belts highlighted in pic) linked to one way wormholes (I am 100% open to changing this if the community feels it is a bad idea) making it a truly unkillable foe. All those asteroids you see will provide the flood with the means to get a sizable force rolling by the time of their first attack, so one must be prepared! But the flood are not the only ones with a boost, the defending players will receive a few starting frigates and small amounts of trade ports to allow easier expansion and to let you fight the flood in a manner that's less frantic, but just as terrifying.

Marry me?

Edited by Cole Protocol, 25 September 2014 - 01:50 PM.
That picture quote...

• Cole Protocol likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#30 Defect450

Defect450

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Defect450
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

Imagine this. 2 sides (so it could be a 1v1 or 2v2 map) each side has an even amount of planets. Sounds kinda meh right? Well imagine that both sides are only connected by 1 planet in the middle. It would be such a glorious slug fest!

#31 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

All details are WIP

snip

Awesome. I would like a more 4 corners type deal here though, with the flood in the center. It's too easy for everyone to get to each other. Maybe a slipspace portal at the back of each empire could serve as transportation if one needed reinforcements?

A map that recreates the halo galaxy.

I want to slowly lose all of my planets to the covenant as im forced back world after world, until I'm at my last planet, then activate the cheat codes and win.

Already been done.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

Interplanetary Wars(UNSC vs UNSC) would be neat...Like a really in-depth Sol System(including some moons from the gas giants would go a long way into making a cool map).

#33 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Interplanetary Wars(UNSC vs UNSC) would be neat...Like a really in-depth Sol System(including some moons from the gas giants would go a long way into making a cool map).

A Sol system map would be pretty nifty.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#34 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

Perhaps...Threshold with the 04 Ring? Or Delta Halo, maybe even some Halo Wars planets like Arcadia and such? Maybe even the Ark?

Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#35 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

Maps like the ones in vanilla. Not a Halo map, basically.
  • Azo 'Salcam likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users