carrier switch (eion and athens)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

Wait, so the Eion will be playable some day? Cool!

Why not just have the Athens AND Eion playable for the UNSC? After all, they built it. The Rebels/insurrections just stole whatever they could and used it according to the lore. Heck they used warthogs and chopped the back off, and replaced it with a new rig, trying to turn it into an APC during one of John' early "training" missions in the early days.

Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#22 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Wait, so the Eion will be playable some day? Cool!

Why not just have the Athens AND Eion playable for the UNSC? After all, they built it. The Rebels/insurrections just stole whatever they could and used it according to the lore. Heck they used warthogs and chopped the back off, and replaced it with a new rig, trying to turn it into an APC during one of John' early "training" missions in the early days.

because then you would have 2 carriers doing the same job, one of them would be preferred and then the other would become unused.

#23 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

because then you would have 2 carriers doing the same job, one of them would be preferred and then the other would become unused.

Well..I'd use both..I use all ships in the UNSC arsenal, no bias or anything. War tends to shed that when you're the UNSC. Though I haven't had the chance to use Prowlers to destroy mines. When I play UNSC vs UNSC, they never make space mines.

Spoiler

#24 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Well..I'd use both..I use all ships in the UNSC arsenal, no bias or anything. War tends to shed that when you're the UNSC. Though I haven't had the chance to use Prowlers to destroy mines. When I play UNSC vs UNSC, they never make space mines.

When we design the mod we have to differentiate the various ships. We simply cannot have 2 carrier capitals in the UNSC fleet. We can have one frigate carrier and one capital carrier to do anything else is simply bad game design.

• Azo 'Salcam likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#25 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

When we design the mod we have to differentiate the various ships. We simply cannot have 2 carrier capitals in the UNSC fleet. We can have one frigate carrier and one capital carrier to do anything else is simply bad game design.

True, I understand that indeed. Though I will say the Eion does look cooler, but it looks a bit too small, so the Athens still wins my vote in the end. Besides, it looks like a thinner brother of the Phoenix class vessel.

Spoiler

#26 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Eion is better imo.  I don't like non-caps being larger than caps.  Also in my dreams the Eion design is the post-war light carrier 

#27 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Eion is better imo.  I don't like non-caps being larger than caps.  Also in my dreams the Eion design is the post-war light carrier 

It is in.

• Lord Stark likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#28 wildboar222

wildboar222

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYour base, sniping you doodz

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

I certainly understand why they are the same model....because they are the same damn ship.

It can be occasionally annoying but I can certainly live with it in the name of the canon making sense.

I rarely use Phoenix caps anyway.

but... free extractors!

• sloosecannon likes this

#29 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

My mind has changed in recent weeks IRT the Phoenix......I am such a fan of missile clouds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users