#81 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

Just for your information Microsoft owns everything Halo related, doesn't matter if you credit them or not. If it contains Halo in the artwork, you don't own it.
  • MrChipps likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#82 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:10 AM

Just for your information Microsoft owns everything Halo related, doesn't matter if you credit them or not. If it contains Halo in the artwork, you don't own it.

Then you don't own the mod either since its halo.

And you don't have to be a bunch of jerks either.
Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#83 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

Then you don't own the mod either since its halo.

This is more or less true, yes. As I understand it, Microsoft would be fully within their rights to order a C&D and halt all production of the mod, particularly if the mod rips assets from existing Halo titles--a practice the team has smartly avoided.

The entire discussion is puerile. Let's avoid trying to establish a moral high ground, yeah?

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#84 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

The entire discussion is puerile. Let's avoid trying to establish a moral high ground, yeah?

That is hardy the case since dak was clearly misinformed and we simply provided the correct information.
Sweden can into gender!

#85 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

More like cagywhiterino was being a jerk. What he said, is a threat to me. I don't even care if it was a joke. Thats not funny in the slightest. Its disgustingly dishonorable and absolutely immature.
Spoiler

#86 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:58 AM

Can we not quarrel about SkirmisherDak's promotional art? 

As long as he's not using it to make money it's legal.

Thanks.

Mspaint artistry 

#87 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Can we not quarrel about SkirmisherDak's promotional art? 

As long as he's not using it to make money it's legal.

Thanks.

And you are correct, I don't use it to make a profit. I do it to have fun, and because hi ,I'm a Halo fan. Is that a crime? I even made up my own Covenant Faction (which is scarily like a weird mirror of the brotherhood of steel...its creepy), and have made lots of pictures here and there. Is that a crime?

Spoiler

#88 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

And you are correct, I don't use it to make a profit. I do it to have fun, and because hi ,I'm a Halo fan. Is that a crime? I even made up my own Covenant Faction (which is scarily like a weird mirror of the brotherhood of steel...its creepy), and have made lots of pictures here and there. Is that a crime?

No, but you could use a few chill pills. Cagys comment was juvenile, but you are a bit high strung at the moment.
Sweden can into gender!

#89 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:19 AM

No, but you could use a few chill pills. Cagys comment was juvenile, but you are a bit high strung at the moment.

Some of my art has been borrowed without my permission and put in shitty youtube videos. How do you think I feel?

Added, I have trust issues and general dislike of people in general, despite being a social person; added I'm also paranoid.

Spoiler

#90 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

Some of my art has been borrowed without my permission and put in shitty youtube videos. How do you think I feel?
Added, I have trust issues and general dislike of people in general, despite being a social person; added I'm also paranoid.

You should relax more, MS can take your work at any time as it is already.
Sweden can into gender!

#91 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Look SkirmisherDak, I apologize for my juvenile, unnecessary comment. I realize that it was a mistake to post it and I didn't mean to cause this, "discussion". Honestly, I would have preferred to settle this more peacefully without having to be called " disgustingly Dishonourable" and "absolutely immature". I just felt as though if you were so "disrespectful" about the photo and its uses that it shouldn't be uploaded in the first place. I am truly sorry for what I said and did and hope you can accept my apology.

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#92 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

Your damage is already done, and you have done enough. I do not accept your apology or forgive you.

I'm not uploading a single iota of my art on this website anymore. Be mindful and think before you act in the future before you ruin people's lives and disposition on you.
Spoiler

#93 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:28 PM

That is hardy the case since dak was clearly misinformed and we simply provided the correct information.

If that were all that had happened, you would be right. If he weren't acting like an already-bad-mannered boy just entering puberty, you would be right.

Its disgustingly dishonorable and absolutely immature.

Oh shit I didn't know we were playing Dark Souls all of a sudden. Bet he hit you with Crystal Soul Spear, that faggot.

Is that a crime?

Stop acting like a child and playing the victim in the wake of other subsequently poking fun at you.

Look SkirmisherDak, I apologize for my juvenile, unnecessary comment.

Don't. You didn't kill his child, there's nothing that warrants this type of response.

Edit:

before you ruin people's lives

You are absolutely fucking pathetic.

Fear not, children and fools alike. I shall pay the screenshot tax for us all.

Some shots from my recent gallivant through Guild Wars 2.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Shattered.
Spoiler

Odd, how intimately close life and death can be.
Spoiler

Haunting vistas of destruction give way to the inexorable march of time.
Spoiler

Persistence conquers all adversity.
Spoiler

Even the greatest castle must rely upon its wall, tough and strong / To prevent disasters, to keep its people safe, armored against wrong  / Never in danger.
Spoiler

The Orrery in the center of Divinity's Reach.
Spoiler

The Pale Tree in the Grove.
Spoiler

Rata Sum at night.
Spoiler

• MrChipps and cagywhiterino like this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#94 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

I am not playing victim. I simply stated what I do. I don't do any of it to make money. I simply do it because its a pleasure to pose and make the pictures. Don't put actions or mannersims into me that I do not do please.
Spoiler

#95 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

I am not playing victim.

Yes you are.

Fine. I'll just not post any of my art on this website anymore, if that's how all of you are going to act.

More like cagywhiterino was being a jerk. What he said, is a threat to me.

I do it to have fun, and because hi ,I'm a Halo fan. Is that a crime? I even made up my own Covenant Faction... and have made lots of pictures here and there. Is that a crime?

Your damage is already done, and you have done enough. I do not accept your apology or forgive you.

Be mindful and think before you act in the future before you ruin people's lives

Lying to yourself gets you nowhere.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#96 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

So you're saying its against the law for me to be pissed off, feel and feel attacked and shot down at pretty much ever post I've typed on this site?

Because I stil remember last year when my ideas for some stuff that was covenant related for the game was just snatched away and shat upon.
Spoiler

#97 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:00 PM

No offence,but are a few pictures made in garrysmod rly worth this hassle? I mean who cares about that......literary just wasted 2 sides for nonsence, i enjoyed this treahd so far could we get back uploading screenshots rather then insulting* each ohter because of some garrysmod Pictures not even my ass cares about.

#98 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

So you're saying its against the law for me to be pissed off

Yellow flag! Straw man, informal fallacy. I'm saying you're overreacting and very clearly playing the victim card.

Because I stil remember last year when my ideas for some stuff that was covenant related for the game was just snatched away and shat upon.

Literally everyone on this site, including the mod staff, has had this happen. If all ideas were golden, then life would be an intolerably bland existence. You aren't special.

More screenies of some monsters because we're all monsters now, and y'all are bringin' some weak ass shit up in this humpy bumpy.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What, I wonder, is the next laser you'll try to go firin' at us?
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

#99 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I'm done "arguing". I have repeatedly made my case in many threads and non of it matters. Nothing I say matters. I came here to finally find fellow Halo fans, and I don't seem to have any nice people.
Spoiler

#100 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

^ mind to tell me what game this is i dont rly recognize it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users