#21 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:27 AM

Damn man, this is some next level shit right here. I didn't even know anything like this was a thing, I just thought people worshiped gods and what not. Now I want to invest in the lore, as well as go back to ES:O...

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#22 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:55 AM

I was always a fan before I found this. Then I became the type of person who hoards and pores through every in-game book. I'm still working on completing my collection of The 36 Lessons of Vivec in Morrowind.
  • Whitehalomango likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#23 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

I did not understand a single word of what you just said but, umm, sounds great! I can relate to this kind of lore hype as with me and Destiny. I've scoured a lot of information from the Grimore cards and item descriptions, hell I even wrote a Destiny poem for me and a friend, which you can check out below! Man, Destiny has a surprisingly good story, they just don't really tell it through the game...

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#24 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

Well, that didn't spark nearly as much conversation as I'd hoped. Guess I'll just have to keep rambling until something happens!

The Beginning

In the traditions and creation myths of every culture, there are two primordial forces: Anu, the quintessential form of stasis, and Padomay, the quintessential form of change. At the beginning of time, these two existed in the Void, and their interplay gave rise to Creation as well as beings referred to as et'Ada ("Original Spirits") who would later be categorized into Aedra and Daedra. The Aedra have an "Anuic basis" (more or less meaning Anu had the greater part in their creation), represent order and participated in the creation of Mundus, which diminished their power. Daedra have a "Padomaic basis," represent chaos and did not participate, allowing them to retain the full breadth of their power.

While many Anuic spirits, persuaded by Lorkhan, gave themselves to creating Mundus and later became known as Aedra, more still escaped back into Aetherius and remained et'Ada. Chief among these was Magnus, the architect who drew up the plans and schematics for Mundus. As the realm began to form, it became clear to Magnus that many et'Ada would be required to sacrifice much or all of their power to construct the mortal plane. He abandoned the project and escaped to Aetherius, his departure tearing a hole in the veil between Mundus and Oblivion, creating Nirn's sun; the spirits who followed him created the stars and became known as the Magna Ge. The remainder knowingly sacrificed themselves to make the realm viable and became the Ehlnofey. This group split further; many became the Earth Bones, the very laws of nature; the others were divided into two distinct groups. Many Ehlnofey found themselves together, the retention of their solidarity allowing them to keep much of their ancient knowledge and power; the majority were scattered around Nirn, were hardened by its hardships and became the "Wanderers." The former became the ancestors of the elves, the latter the ancestors of men.

The Doom Drum

By now I've made several brief mentions of a figure known as Lorkhan. He is the Missing God, the Trickster, the Creator, the Tester. He is known by a variety of names in a variety of lands; Lorkhan, the most popular form of his name, is Elven; he is Lorkhaj in Elsweyr, Sep in Hammerfell, Sheor in High Rock, Shor in Skyrim and Shezarr in Cyrodiil. He is best known as the impetus behind the creation of Mundus. Along with Akatosh, he is the only god present in the creation myths of every culture. Padomay is his "father" and as such he can be likened more to a Daedra than an Aedra. As the world began to form, the Aedra became disgusted with what it had become and how it had enfeebled them. Magnus and the Magna Ge had already gone, and the remaining spirits made a great Tower, Ada-mantia, "the first unassailable spike of reality in the Dawn and one of the axes of creation itself." Here, in the province that would later become High Rock, they held Convention to decide the physical, temporal, spiritual, and magical elements of Nirn. But this gathering had one other purpose.

In short, the Moons were and are the two halves of Lorkhan's 'flesh-divinity'. Like the rest of the Gods, Lorkhan was a plane(t) that participated in the Great Construction... except where the Eight lent portions of their heavenly bodies to create the mortal plane(t), Lorkhan's was cracked asunder and his divine spark fell to Nirn as a shooting star "to impregnate it with the measure of its existence and a reasonable amount of selfishness."

The Aedra felt Lorkhan had tricked them, unfairly separating them from the spirit realms of eternity. While traditionally considered a punishment, some sources claim Lorkhan submitted to the Aedra voluntarily.

But when Trinimac and Auriel tried to destroy the Heart of Lorkhan it laughed at them. It said, 'This Heart is the heart of the world, for one was made to satisfy the other." So Auriel fastened the thing to an arrow and let it fly long into the sea, where no aspect of the new world may ever find it.

Tales tell that Auri-El slew Lorkhan atop the Adamantine Tower. Trinimac tore out his heart, but the Aedra found it to be his original divine essence, which could not be destroyed. Resolving to hide it instead, Auri-El fastened it to an arrow and launched it across the world. As it passed over the Heartlands of Cyrodiil, Lorkhan's crystallized blood fell to the ground, and the Ayleid elves used it to fashion the Chim-el Adabal, the red diamond in the center of the Amulet of Kings. The Heart finally came to rest in Morrowind, where it would cause the formation of Red Mountain.

600px-MW-creature-Heart_of_Lorkhan.jpg

The Heart of Lorkhan would play an important role in a variety of pivotal events in Tamriel. In the First Era, the Dwemer discovered it and planned to use its power to create their own god: Anumidium, the Brass Tower, which would ultimately allow Tiber Septim to complete his conquest of Tamriel and form his continental Empire. Tonal Architect Lord Kagrenac would ostensibly cause the disappearance of the Dwemer from the face of the earth through his tampering. The Chimer leaders Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil would tap its power and rise to godhood, becoming the Tribunal. And Dagoth Ur would attune himself to the Heart, becoming ever stronger than the Tribunal and begin construction of a second Numidium, with plans to conquer Morrowind and then the rest of Tamriel.

But these are events for another time, other over-long posts directed at nobody in general. :P

• SternuS and Whitehalomango like this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#25 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

Nothing like tapping into an ancient Aedric artifact of unfathomable power just to make your entire race and everything it had ever worked toward disappear.
  • SiRD31M0S likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

Aedric

Padomay is his "father" and as such he can be likened more to a Daedra than an Aedra.

:v [/pedantry]

Spoiler
Spoiler

#27 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

:v [/pedantry]

And this is why your thread is dead.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#28 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Skyrim HD is coming and no one talking about it?

YmSsY2C.png

#29 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

Pfff HD NO ONE CARES ! !!!!

Enderal is releasing soon! ENDERAL!!!!!!

I f******** loved Nehrim and now Enderal is releasing. Nehrim was better than Oblivion and i expect Enderal to be just as good if not much better!!!!

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#30 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

Pfff HD NO ONE CARES ! !!!!

But if they use the same modified engine like fallout 4 that would mean skyrim gets a stability boost which means moar mods. Which means more 8k resolution for Enderal.

YmSsY2C.png

#31 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

Enderal is releasing soon! 

So I played it a while got to say didn't expect anything else than top notch quality that I'm used form that modding team (Oblivion mod project, Fallout 3 Mod project)

The German Voices are top notch quality.  To the rest Story is pretty intense love it so far. 

But the best thing so far is all these non german people complaining on the Nexus that there isn't a english version out yet.

YmSsY2C.png

#32 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

But the best thing so far is all these non german people complaining on the Nexus that there isn't a english version out yet.

Well, listening to german is usually followed by bleading ears, so the complaint is valid ;)

Edited by MrChippings, 03 July 2016 - 10:13 AM.

Sweden can into gender!

#33 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

Well, listening to german is usually followed by bleading ears, so the complaint is valid ;)

Ich weis nicht wovon du redest.

YmSsY2C.png

#34 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:20 AM

When it comes to RPGs, I couldn't care less for Graphics. But getting Skyrim for One sounds cool. I just need an external hard drive...

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#35 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

When it comes to RPGs, I couldn't care less for Graphics. But getting Skyrim for One sounds cool. I just need an external hard drive...

Skyrim has a better story and more to do than Fallout 4 (I know what im talking about). Can't believe you don't have it. You are missing out specially with them awesome quest mods which are dlc like or Enderal a whole complete different game.

nevermind misread it. Thought you didnt have the game. Getting it for the One is a big mistake get it for PC. The remasterd version is prolly gonna get shit tons of mods at start, which far suceeds that pitty 2gig mod limit on the xboneone. Hell my current skyrim has 40 gigs of mods in it.

Also another thing why modding is inferior to PC is you wont be able to use Skyrim Script Extender on the console. And this my friend is the most Important thing ever created for mods. So many mods that do awesome shit in Skyrim rquires the extra Scripts to MAKE Skyrim what it is now.

And dont get me started on ENB's. Considering the age of Skyrim it sure can still look as awesome as an title released in 2016. You just need to use the right Textrure mods and ENB's.

Edited by 大和改, 03 July 2016 - 01:13 PM.

YmSsY2C.png

#36 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Skyrim has a better story and more to do than Fallout 4 (I know what im talking about). Can't believe you don't have it. You are missing out specially with them awesome quest mods which are dlc like or Enderal a whole complete different game.

nevermind misread it. Thought you didnt have the game. Getting it for the One is a big mistake get it for PC. The remasterd version is prolly gonna get shit tons of mods at start, which far suceeds that pitty 2gig mod limit on the xboneone. Hell my current skyrim has 40 gigs of mods in it.

Also another thing why modding is inferior to PC is you wont be able to use Skyrim Script Extender on the console. And this my friend is the most Important thing ever created for mods. So many mods that do awesome shit in Skyrim rquires the extra Scripts to MAKE Skyrim what it is now.

And dont get me started on ENB's. Considering the age of Skyrim it sure can still look as awesome as an title released in 2016. You just need to use the right Textrure mods and ENB's.

I have it for PC, but since I had played Oblivion and Morrowind on Xbox I was eager to get to experience it on the One. Not a fan of Mods for games, honestly, unless they're on topics I really like (SotP, TATW).

Also I need to get an external hard disk as the internal Xbox One I have is already full (500GB), so I'll go for the 2TB one.

But then, since my brother spent 750€ on this PC, I'm sure he'll pop in and veto the One version, instead going for the PC one 'cause MUH POWERZ.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#37 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

Well I recently upgraded my old pity PC got myself a nifty Gtx 980ti and I got to so, I am with all them high resolution texture mods and enb's, I couldnt use before experiencing Skyrim like its a whole new game. 

also since Skyrim has a lot of mods, immersive or non-immersive you will probably find some that suite yourself. Alone playing all those VOICED quest mods is a whole experience for itself.

Just check this out and be amazed what the community of Skyrim has done.

http://www.nexusmods...lts/?src_cat=35

oh also which reminds me if you own the Skyrim Legendary version on steam already, you will get the Skyrim Special HD Remake for free. So you wouldnt even need to buy it. Which saves mones for some other triple aaa game.

Edited by 大和改, 03 July 2016 - 01:30 PM.

YmSsY2C.png

#38 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:08 AM

Ich weis nicht wovon du redest.

Du vet precis vad jag pratar om.

Sweden can into gender!

#39 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

Was hast du gesagt? Was hast du gesagt? Ich kann dich nicht verstehen.

YmSsY2C.png

#40 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

Oh mann. Nur Kindergarten hier. Sprecht doch alle mal bitte meine Sprache!

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users