• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 FrostWyrmWraith

FrostWyrmWraith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

@ Skirmisher Dak: That is absolutely hilarious, and not in a you suck sort of way. Playing UNSC I have lost Infinity just, so many times. So many. It's amusing to see someone having so much trouble killing it when I can't seem to keep it alive O:

• Azo 'Salcam likes this

#62 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

On its own, 25-30 Covenant ships, with no more than a third of them being CRS, should be enough to kill a level 1 Infinity. It's a terrifying juggernaut to be sure, but trust me when I say, it's nowhere near as horrifying as it was in testing.
  • SternuS likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#63 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

@ Skirmisher Dak: That is absolutely hilarious, and not in a you suck sort of way. Playing UNSC I have lost Infinity just, so many times. So many. It's amusing to see someone having so much trouble killing it when I can't seem to keep it alive O:

I used it ONCE and kept it alive in Contact Harvest (that was the pair of screenshots in the game gallery I submitted) but in CO-OP, I was racing to get my Infinity before the pair of mock-insurrectionist UNSC could build theirs, and I built mine in third place due to how inexplicably expensive it is to field. Its like trying to field an M1 Abrams in the 80s, the first model of the Abrams. I managed to spawn it and then THAT is when the UNSC came in and just gobbled it up like the planet killer did to the Constellation in Star Trek. Didn't stand a chance.

I love this game, but I feel like I'm running into a brick wall here. I only caught a glimpse of the Covenant Titan while "trying" to play with another guy whom had no idea what he was doing -do I even want to know what the Mantle's Approach is going to be like?

Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#64 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:00 PM

Let just say the MA's strength is measured in how many Infinities it takes to kill it... And it's not a small number...

Btw is it even in-game? I pulled the galaxy scenario file into galaxy forge, and it wasn't there.

#65 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

Let just say the MA's strength is measured in how many Infinities it takes to kill it... And it's not a small number...

Btw is it even in-game? I pulled the galaxy scenario file into galaxy forge, and it wasn't there.

No not yet, just the usually crappy space sentinels and "slightly" tankie Vanguards that will snipe you like an Adjudicator would. Nothing fancy or scary -yet.

Spoiler

#66 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why you're having this much trouble. Maybe a (you guessed it) corrupt download.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#67 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why you're having this much trouble. Maybe a (you guessed it) corrupt download.

A corrupt download can do that??
So..I shoukd re-download the mod file?
Spoiler

#68 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

*Shrugs* Well, no one else had that problem with a fleet of so many ships.

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#69 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:30 AM

*Shrugs* Well, no one else had that problem with a fleet of so many ships.

Well I redownloaded it and such, just have to go test it.

Spoiler

#70 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

What? That's not a corruption issue, that's a player issue.

@SkimisherDak Just be glad the AI have longer titan build times. They used to get the Infinity about 20-30 minutes into the game, and everytime you killed the titan they AI would have another in 5 minutes.

• SternuS and David0425 like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#71 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

I personally find Anchor Stations to be fairly underwhelming now. When I see them and I'm attacking I think "eh, minor inconvenience" and the AI seems to be able to wipe out a couple of them fairly easily even with minor fleets.

#72 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:23 AM

I personally find Anchor Stations to be fairly underwhelming now. When I see them and I'm attacking I think "eh, minor inconvenience" and the AI seems to be able to wipe out a couple of them fairly easily even with minor fleets.

Depends on their upgrades. I can assure you, as a Covenant player, that it's really hard to take them down if they are fully upgraded.

But then you just need to micro your ships and use those nifty DOS-Class to outrange them.

Tactics!

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#73 theselfescaping

theselfescaping

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Depends on their upgrades. I can assure you, as a Covenant player, that it's really hard to take them down if they are fully upgraded.

But then you just need to micro your ships and use those nifty DOS-Class to outrange them.

Tactics!

Also canonically, I can't imagine the Anchor Station at Reach actually taking on a substantial number of Covenant ships, even if two stations were paired together.

The only defenses I like building are Super MACs.

Posted Image

CAMPAIGN MAPS

The Long Night (Sins of the Prophets 0.75.1)

Warday (Sins of the Prophets 0.75.1)

Warlords (Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy)

New Frontiers (Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2)

#74 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

What? That's not a corruption issue, that's a player issue.

@SkimisherDak Just be glad the AI have longer titan build times. They used to get the Infinity about 20-30 minutes into the game, and everytime you killed the titan they AI would have another in 5 minutes.

THAT is exactly what happens! They built it in 42 minutes exactly and then if you DID blow it up, they just plop another one out like its a Sherman tank in WW2.

Spoiler

#75 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

Well, I don't know what to say. The AI fix works fine.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#76 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

Tactics!

I don't feel that way at all, attacking them or defending with them they just seem underwhelming. (the Haven too tbh)

Covvies were manhandling my Anchor stations(fully upgraded of course) fairly easily with minor fleets. I even had a cluster of 5 of them(fully upgraded) in a star well to lock down the star/sweet sweet trade money. Their twenty ships just kinda grinded through them without suffering very much damage at all.

It's a huge inconvenience but I suppose c'est la vie.

#77 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:41 AM

I don't feel that way at all, attacking them or defending with them they just seem underwhelming. (the Haven too tbh)

Covvies were manhandling my Anchor stations(fully upgraded of course) fairly easily with minor fleets. I even had a cluster of 5 of them(fully upgraded) in a star well to lock down the star/sweet sweet trade money. Their twenty ships just kinda grinded through them without suffering very much damage at all.

It's a huge inconvenience but I suppose c'est la vie.

Keep in mind that they don't have to be overpowered. During my playtests, I always managed to take them down, ESPECIALLY if they are unguarded. If you have no defensive fleet around them, then yes, they are very likely to go down quickly (depending on the attacking force). But I had suffered a huge amount of losses.

Wait, you had 5 in a grav well? How is that even possible?

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#78 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Keep in mind that they don't have to be overpowered. During my playtests, I always managed to take them down, ESPECIALLY if they are unguarded. If you have no defensive fleet around them, then yes, they are very likely to go down quickly (depending on the attacking force). But I had suffered a huge amount of losses.

Wait, you had 5 in a grav well? How is that even possible?

Planet Bonuses I believe.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#79 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

You can have quite a few SB's in stars, 4 by default I think.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#80 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

Oh in a Star grav well, I apologize I missed on that one.

Anyway, it all depends by the ships that were attacking you. I mean, undefended anchors are dead to DOS + CAR (to keep fighters at bay) fleets. But taking 5 of them down with nearly no damage at all seems unrealistic, almost impossible, unless the public build is different from the internal one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users