#141 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:30 PM

If I may, umm, offer something else to this conversation. Why not allow people to post their mini-mods in the add-on section? If Battlemage has the coding for it, he can release his own mini-mod which buffs the UNSC. The most you'll need to do is allow the addon tab to be clickable.

That way, people who want to wreck their balance can, while the vast majority won't download it. I know nothing of ModDB, however. Just thought I'd put it out there.

#142 Admiral Stukov

Admiral Stukov

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

"Guys we decided to make this mod nigh impossible to play for the casual player and less-experienced player alike because of this feature a guy wants to be put in, even though we tested it for months and realized it couldn't work. Sorry eh!"

Come onnnn...   May be this will be a reason for "casual players" to get to know the game and truly appreciate its beauty, to try to open for yourself a few more hot-keys than the right and left mouse buttons rather than continue to degrade as the x-box players by clicking a few buttons and wanking fucking control fungus?

#143 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

If I may, umm, offer something else to this conversation. Why not allow people to post their mini-mods in the add-on section? If Battlemage has the coding for it, he can release his own mini-mod which buffs the UNSC. The most you'll need to do is allow the addon tab to be clickable.

That way, people who want to wreck their balance can, while the vast majority won't download it. I know nothing of ModDB, however. Just thought I'd put it out there.

If you want to download it from yandex disk, then shall it be. But I assume some people will take it as another insulting of developers. Even I think that this post was rude: both to them and me. 

And... excuse me, but this Add-on doesn't buff the UNSC actually! And balance is all same! Yes, you feel differences in part with Shiva and small other stuff... But there is nothing critical.

None of my fixes and suggestions follow radical changes. UNSC is not OP in my build, because there are also similar or half-similar changes for the Covenant. It's difficult to describe, because I don't remebmer everything I've done already. 

And... This is not MINE version, but OURS. There are not only me, who do some job. I prefer you don't call me as experienced modder, because Sins has relatively easy code. Anyone can bend it with some percent of success. The thing is how to make it works as you want in cases you need something new. Like hero summoning or Infinity emergency slipspace. It's really interesting, but requires many time and work with effects and models. Also fantasy.

Furthermore, to be experienced in something you should at least love it enough to learn more. And there are many spheres to be experienced. 

Socrat said that he knows that don't trully know anything. As do we. We're experementing, testing and trying.

• Admiral Stukov likes this
"ONI eavesdrop everyone, and we eavesdrop ONI" - KGB Division "S"

INF-102, UNSC Admiral Kuznetsov (Addons make things better)

Spoiler

#144 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:51 PM

Eh iĀ“am* pretty sure he didnt mean it as a insult.Star trek armada 3 did they same with its additional sub mods.thats actually a good Suggestion.

#145 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Eh iĀ“am* pretty sure he didnt mean it as a insult.Star trek armada 3 did they same with its additional sub mods.thats actually a good Suggestion.

Yes. We have a submod for this too.

With our own character portraits (from star trek online), hero ships (Hero Prometheus and Excelsior yet) and small canon changes. Also, with more available ships. We can build Niagaras, Freedoms, Oberths etc along all standard classes. They have own advantages. Some ideas we found in SoA2.

SoTP Devs really should think about experience exchange with other mod teams. Some of them have really interesting ideas.  

P.S. What do you think about very low thrust speed for Anchor? To change it's position above planet slightly. It's not like Haven mobility... much... worse. Like a towing. 

Spoiler

#146 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

Personaly i wouldĀ“nt care if its mobile or not.I mainly use it for the additional sabers and the Goverment...despite that i thinhk it would look kinda ood.

#147 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Personaly i wouldĀ“nt care if its mobile or not.I mainly use it for the additional sabers and the Goverment...despite that i thinhk it would look kinda ood.

I'm not sure if those stations are mobile some way. If they have manuevering thrusters, then they should be able to correct their position above the planet slightly. 

Spoiler

#148 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:07 PM

IĀ“am sure it has some kind of manuevering truhsters i dont thinhk they would use them to go across the gravwell trough.

#149 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

IĀ“am sure it has some kind of manuevering truhsters i dont thinhk they would use them to go across the gravwell trough.

I mean values far below ability to go somewhere really. Only to change it's position slightly and change direction. Of course, after 6 hours you'll find that it changed location... but who cares? 

Spoiler

#150 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

Whats the point of having it then?

• SternuS likes this

#151 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:19 PM

Change Anchors positions behind lines of SMACs according to current strategic situation. I remember how you built anchor on edge of the system. I suppose, you'd like to change it's position later without scuttling it. It's planned as long-term decision. 

Spoiler

#152 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

SoTP Devs really should think about experience exchange with other mod teams. Some of them have really interesting ideas.  

They do. STA3, SoGE, CaW, HHF. There are several modders of those ones working on SotP, Lavo and Zero to name a few. When the devs bring us testers an argument, I constantly see some ideas compared to other mods.

Welcome aboard! That's the question I keep asking myself.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#153 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:17 AM

In addition to being Design Lead for SotP I run SoGE by myself. I am also in contact with members of other mod teams, such as Goa of Interregnum/E4X and a number of STA3's devs; I was the one who made the original iteration of the M.V.A.M. ability. So yes, we do have plenty of this.

P.S. What do you think about very low thrust speed for Anchor? To change it's position above planet slightly. It's not like Haven mobility... much... worse. Like a towing.

This is not possible due to the Anchor's ability to produce frigates. It's a one or the other situation unfortunately.

I used to call it as secondary half-defense. And thus more needed to recons and Sahara.

The scouts and Sahara have Cloak; they don't need this additional defense. Adding it to frigates would also have a balance impact which puts me in opposition of the idea

Both sounds are correct. But in current build we can't hear minor solenoids buzzing. It's not a problem, but it would be great if you'll update it.

If we are able to do so it would be a solid change, though no promises.

Definitely, they were nerfed too much. I'm not sure how it works and should it stacks or not. I will ask one my nerdie friend.

The EMP debuffs will infinitely stack. For example, firing 5 nukes at a target means 100% weapon cooldown penalty at minimum, as the target may also get close/medium/long range debuffs applied to it as well.

Nobody can protect AI from another AI and the AI itself. But I can't understand, why do you need to protect it? Remember the UNSC Commonwealth. They've lost 3 longswords. Let's say that such losses are inevitable consequences of war. If not... well, what's about friendly EMP? Medium and long distance won't debuff allied fleets so much. Also, AI has much more resourses than player, to rebuild it's fleet relatively fast. Shit happens, after all.

EMP debuffs are applied by the damage buff; you cannot separate one from another. Further, the AI in SotP actually struggles to cope with the combat flow of the mod; even with all these extra resources it is brain dead at times.

Nerfing long range? I've just suggested to change numbers

CURRENT - MINE

Long range area(2500)->150  >>> 50

Bold indicates a nerfing of long range's damage by 100. Long range happens to be useful against fighters; 1 hit will nearly kill any fighter, and two hits will take down any fighter save an upgraded Seraph bomber.

#154 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

In addition to being Design Lead for SotP I run SoGE by myself. I am also in contact with members of other mod teams, such as Goa of Interregnum/E4X and a number of STA3's devs; I was the one who made the original iteration of the M.V.A.M. ability. So yes, we do have plenty of this.

This is not possible due to the Anchor's ability to produce frigates. It's a one or the other situation unfortunately.

The scouts and Sahara have Cloak; they don't need this additional defense. Adding it to frigates would also have a balance impact which puts me in opposition of the idea

If we are able to do so it would be a solid change, though no promises.

The EMP debuffs will infinitely stack. For example, firing 5 nukes at a target means 100% weapon cooldown penalty at minimum, as the target may also get close/medium/long range debuffs applied to it as well.

EMP debuffs are applied by the damage buff; you cannot separate one from another. Further, the AI in SotP actually struggles to cope with the combat flow of the mod; even with all these extra resources it is brain dead at times.

Bold indicates a nerfing of long range's damage by 100. Long range happens to be useful against fighters; 1 hit will nearly kill any fighter, and two hits will take down any fighter save an upgraded Seraph bomber.

1) Gladly. Then I have not to search for those lines to make Infinity stridents hangar on paper.

2) Thank you. I see now... it's like TEC and Vasari starbases from original game. I think it can be overrided, but then standard production must be changed to some sort of summoning menu. If there are no chances to make the menu, then it won't work. Or will require more time to think how to make it so.

3) Sahara has 36 antimatter points with tax 1.1. This is 5 minutes, and you have to play the game. It would be great, if you'll increase her antimatter greatly... or at least to 50-60 points, but in cost of Shiva antimatter price. Proportional changes to improve time while cloaked. Also, it loses antimatter in slipspace very fast, and you never know what you'll find there.

+Did you think about EMP AoE pulse for Covies, disabling all enemy abilities and giving them cooldown?  To detect scouts and Saharas. 

4) About EMP 100% cooldown

Waste 5 nukes to disable 1 target? Perhaps 5 nukes better shot at forward attack squadrins. Each with better effect in pointblank and close range, but without stacking and with weak long and medium ranges. It's uneasy to explain this part. My purpose: make Shivas more effective against not only sinlge ships, but also small packs of enemies. Not so effective as before, but at least visible... And decrease overall number of rockets to be shot, so make them more... economical. Also, you have to choose more appropriate targets, then just finding one and same ship/small pack of ships and wasting it.

5) Perhaps fighters should suffer more in medium and close ranges, instead of long? 2500 is a great distance... relatively. 

Spoiler

#155 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

Suggestion:

Change ONI Sloop to Winter-class Prowler (IX-455). Shining example of this class we have seen in Halo 5. I suggest to give her next abilities: 1) Fixed Sahara-like Cloak 2) Explore 3) Reveal Mines 4) A single Moray mines launch/ Planetary or system probes for some time. Those mines supposed to be much less dangerous, than Sahara's HORNETs, but they would disable target's engines for some time. Of course, they are able to destroy cargo ships.

Also, vessel weak autocannons might be somehow useful against single fighters or bombers, but not enough to combat more than 1 squadron.

Here's the article

http://www.halopedia...r-class_prowler

Reasons to do so:

1) Sloop has no canonical confirmation. 

2) This is a vessel from Halo 5. This is really beautiful and has same size and purpose as current Sloop.

3) Covenant's recons are able to take extractors. Perhaps, UNSC should respond by relatively weak disabling mines/old good spy ability and ability to combat at least 1 squadron of fighters/bombers. Of course, after such action the vessel must return to base in order to be repaired... or just continue it's suicidal mission. 

Why ability to attack fighters? Because, it's a feature!

4) Keep yourselves busy.

5) Please your fans, of course. I suppose you're ready to anything, to make those screaming girls happy  show your skills once again, and ensure the thing that this project has a big future and a lot of things would be improved... and me with them, of course. 

Question:

Any plans for Epoch-class? Like remodel it and put back into service as heavy carrier (5-6 squadrons) for mid game, while Eion moved to early game as light carrier (3-4 squadrons)?

http://www.halopedia...s_heavy_carrier

Also, don't you think that Phoenix-class has too much squadrons?

Spoiler

#156 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

Any plans for Epoch-class? Like remodel it and put back into service as heavy carrier (5-6 squadrons) for mid game, while Eion moved to early game as light carrier (3-4 squadrons)?

http://www.halopedia...s_heavy_carrier

Also, don't you think that Phoenix-class has too much squadrons?

I'd like to see the Halo 5 prowler replacing the Sloop too, it looks similar and could even transport troops, which means more possible abilities...Spartan boarding Party anyone?

For the Epoch...IIRC, the Eion has 3-4 squadrons and is a light carrier; but I can assure you, and a dev or another old-time PT will confirm it, that having multiple ships filling the same role (i.e. Athens AND Eion) is really, really, really bad. Considering that the Epoch would presumably be Capital, and that the UNSC already has the Phoenix and the Thermopylae (not counting that basically every ship has fighters, especially the Autumn with its Broadswords) and the Infinity too...the Epoch would likely fall in an already-taken position.

TL; DR: Too many carriers.

But hey, if we can find a specific role, then it might get in the mod, surely with a different, non-canonical model.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#157 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

I believe, Phoenix class shouldn't have so many fighters. It's aft hangar bays don't look such... massive. Plus, it has to transport atmospheric aircraft and troops with their vehicles and equipment. It's not a carrier, but due to it's size it can provide more squadrons than Autumn or another not carrier class. I suggest to decrease it's overall squadrons numer by /2. I see it's Phoenix max squadron cap around 6 squadrons. No more.

Eion... it's an interesting one ship. Light carrier. Presumably, weak in nature, but cheap and able to deliever some squadrons for fleet ot patrol duties. I believe, this ship could be used as 1st generation carrier for early and medium game. In late game... well... sometimes you need an old good ship and some additional squadrons to provide defense for your SMACs clusters above small planets. You know, those 2 little anchors and hangers aren't really enough.

But Epoch supposed to be more heavily armored (most important) and armed (more PDGs), and provide more squadrons in cost of more resourses, cap cost and later research & build time. When you fight the Covenant, you must be able to withstand at least their bombers and fighters punishment. Eions can't do it now, as battle carriers should. Way I see it... expensive non-capital class with good suviability, but offensive capabilites on level or even worse than Halcyons'. 

Why you should build it? 1) Because you need expanded carriers, with more slots for longswords 2) Because you need more reliable carriers, which can withstand not only AI, but human Covie wrath in multiplayer 3) Because you need something you could send to buy some time for rest of your dying fleet. Something better, than Halcyons.

Punic... it's a capital elite carrier. Capital. Finest ship in the Navy, except Infnity... and Sahara. Clearly, greatest in all line. But the line now is unfinished due to Eions nature. It was good decision to add them, but not instead of real carriers. 

Why I ask for it?

Well, because

1) I love functionality

2) I love Halo ships, especially UNSC. More - better.

3) I love canon, and this class paid it's right to be in mods by blood

4) I love carriers. I love different carriers classes. (But also I love heavy cruisers. We in Russia always prefered heavy cruisers to carriers. Perhaps you've heard, that IRL we need shot around 30 missiles to sink any your carrier and it's fleet with 100% guarantee, so even all those CIWS are useless. Every fleet has much more than enough missiles to kill any rival Air carrier and it's strike group. That's why 6th fleet revival is not an option for US. I'm glad that Halo devs understood this and made many missiles on their ships. Unfortunately, they did it all wrong. Missiles should be oversized and overpowered. But number is correct. Nah, they never consulting with finest missile producer in the world. Damn politics. )

Spoiler

#158 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

But hey, if we can find a specific role, then it might get in the mod, surely with a different, non-canonical model.

As****e. Why you hurt me so much? 

Spoiler

#159 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

I agree with some parts of your proposal,i thinhk to that the phoenix class has to many sqaudrons id much rahter see it as a pure colonie ship with

some fighters and a bit of a Punch but not as a carrier with many fighters.A new carrier which would specificly fill that role would be nice like the DDS

for the covernant,what i dont agree with is that the epoch or any ohter heavy carrier should be buildable as a crusier.

Edit: Despite that i thinhk the mod teamĀ“s ships look better then most new Canon ships....i know i Sound like a kissass right now...but id much rahter

have a new desing like a Orion then anything else,i like the new ships from 343 but i thinhk sotp ships are better

well except the punic(still love my brick)

#160 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

I disagree with point that Epoch must be capital, because there're enough caps for the UNSC, but severe lack of cruiers. There is half of menu free for new things.

Also, this won't fill fleet carrier role due to Punic's presense in it's lines. Epoch doesn't cost 1 capital crew slot. But it can perform better than Eions in cruisers line due to it's improved suviability and squadrons number, with additional PDGs. 

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users