• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Does the AI just simply start with the ORS as a buildable unit?

It's the Covenant starter capital, like the Marathon and Phoenix are for the UNSC. They get one to start, and it can also be built from the start with extra command supply research.

I went and timed a game for myself. I used a tiny map with no Flood and set the AI to Reclaimer, just for good measure and to get the maximum amount of cheating. The first time I encountered the ORS was at minute 11; it was already level 5, had the refit research and was apparently ignoring colonizing altogether in favor of rushing my planets. It bypassed two planets entirely and blew straight to my capital, which it reached at minute 13. Exactly at minute 15, it fell to the combined fire of a Phoenix, two Marathons and over 20 frigates, admittedly having killed most of them and reached level 8 before the end.

In short, there definitely seems to be some voodoo nonsense going on with you. You're either the most unlucky person in the universe, or something went wrong with your download. That's all I can think of.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

This thread is funny cus the UNSC is possibly just a tad OP.
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Whitehalomango like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users