22 replies to this topic

#21 Calm_Craftman

Calm_Craftman

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Locationrip

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Its usually me spamming the Eions and all I've seen is hoards upon hoards of Marathons and Halcyons
Im Retard

#22 Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOrange, California, USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've seen this a lot. While they still use other ships in various amounts, they seem to favor Eions, with most enemy fleets I fight made up of at least half Eions. If I had to guess, it might be because they intend to use them to attack choke points, since they love swarming defense structures with Longswords. Or maybe it's because they know filling up the screen with fighters makes my framerate turn to molasses x.x

#23 Defkab

Defkab

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I personally don't see carrier spam as too terrifying of a strategy, the second time around...
Perhaps an answer is a more effective anti-fighter solution? If the fighters can overwhelm the current AAA defenses, maybe it would make sense to make a wholly specialized object to that strategy? I value variation as much as the next player, but sometimes a fun strategy is a series of rock/paper/scissors combat, flooding them with a particular type so they'd shift their fleets to counter, and you respond with a wholly different composition. If the AI is even slightly emulating this, I'd want to encourage a reactionary response from the player, instead of removing the option...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users