• Create Account

Photo

Officially I challenge Sir defender0 to a battle!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

I'll take your word for it, just sounded good in my head.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#22 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

This is war, Defender.

You can't tell your enemy what they can and can't do.

This is so we dont lag out the game with carrier spam.

#23 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

If it's a 1v1 then it should be fine.

#24 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Every game ive been in involving eions drags on. If i want massive dogifghts, ill carrier spam in singleplayer. For multiplayer 1v1s, its better if we compete with actual tactics and not fighter/bomber rushes

#25 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

• Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Reliance on carriers is a valid tactic though.

I think you're just preventing him effectively countering your supercarrier spam.
  • sloosecannon and Kommrad II like this

#26 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Carrier and bomber spam has been used for so long even in the Vanilla Multiplayer games.
It ain't something new and exciting and heck it's borderline OP especially against TEC in Vanilla not so much the Vasari because Phase traps.

#27 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

borderline OP

This is why i dont want eion wars going on in these "challenges", because its an OP tactic and even a noob can do it. These are supposed to be matches of skill, not matches of who can get the most strikecraft.

#28 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

You demostrate skill being able to counter the bomber spam.
Flak in this mod is much more powerful than flak in Vanilla especially.

The number of flak and fighters you have, the numbers of bombers you need to be effective exponentially increases.

#29 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

You demostrate skill being able to counter the bomber spam.
Flak in this mod is much more powerful than flak in Vanilla especially.

The number of flak and fighters you have, the numbers of bombers you need to be effective exponentially increases.

Wrong. You demonstrate skill by being able to take your opponent out ship to ship, fleet to fleet. Having to set up an AA screen requires spamming makos, which requires basic skills involving clicking a mouse many times in a second.

#30 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'd say countering an OP tactic shows some demostration of skillfulness that you at least had the sense to counter. Countering bomber spam without taking serious damage is actually really tough. This is why it is borderline OP. Is that if I spam hard enough, I can still snipe out capitals even with flak spam just it is to a lesser degree here.

Sins has always been a game of counters. How well you can play them together without gimping the effective fighting power of your fleet is skill.

#31 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Being able to counter an OP tactic should not judge skill because half of it is luck.

Being able to strategically defeat a similarly sized enemy fleet (no nukes involved) requires far more strategy since you have to know how many of each ship you will need to get a varied and powerful fleet. THAT is what im trying to point out.

#32 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Doing something OP, isnt considered skillful and therefore is not expected to judge your opponent by how skilled he is at defeating it. that logic, breaks games. Because then people just say "fuck it" and spam eions to counter them. this is why we are running tests in private builds to stop this spamming strat. Beating a hard strategy or a strategy that counters yours is a testament to skill. Beating someone who is spamming a widely accepted OP strategy is more or less luck and more dependent on the spammer making mistakes rather than your own skill.
  • sloosecannon, Despoiler25, Defender0 and 1 other like this

bDNWw7L.png

#33 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

• Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

"You can't do that because I said so"

God you're all whiny bitches.

#34 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

I get the feeling that if we Eion spam then victories are invalidated to them.
Either that or they'll just hate us for doing it.

#35 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

I get the feeling that if we Eion spam then victories are invalidated to them.
Either that or they'll just hate us for doing it.

Yep, we will accept defeat gracefully if it is legitimate and not a cheap noob tactic that is impossible to effectively counter quickly.

#36 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I thought it was agreed elsewhere that Mako spam supporting existing fleets is an easy and effective counter to Eion spam?

#37 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Ok, keep this in mind: its going to be a 1v1 on a small map, most likely chokepoint. Does anyone even feel that eions will be used due to the briefness of these matches?

#38 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

We'll probably won't even get the chance to research the things let alone spam them.

#39 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Eions are meant to support fleets and we balance the game in a 1v1 fashion. 2v2 is semi balanced but youll get more spam there because Person A is going to go heavy frigtes while person B spams eions for massive fighter fleets so put together you have a huge fleet. thats really hard to stop and even in games like company of heroes it happens. Balancing is being done on a 1v1 level.

bDNWw7L.png

#40 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

You killed the Chief! You bastards!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Eions are meant to support fleets and we balance the game in a 1v1 fashion. 2v2 is semi balanced but youll get more spam there because Person A is going to go heavy frigtes while person B spams eions for massive fighter fleets so put together you have a huge fleet. thats really hard to stop and even in games like company of heroes it happens. Balancing is being done on a 1v1 level.

I have a question how do you guys corridante your attacks? Is there a team chat in game? And or a teamspeak you his use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users