Possible Covenant Release

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

My soul is still intact as well I must have asked at the right time as well lol

You know that tickling sensation in your heart? That's Unikraken tickling the empty spot where your soul's supposed to be.
  • Emberblaque, sloosecannon, JasonAHawkins and 1 other like this
Spoiler

#22 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

You killed the Chief! You bastards!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

You know that tickling sensation in your heart? That's Unikraken tickling the empty spot where your soul's supposed to be.

Problem is where I am going, I can't afford to have a heart. The only thing I can care about are my brothers to my left and right of me

#23 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Problem is where I am going, I can't afford to have a heart. The only thing I can care about are my brothers to my left and right of me

You deploying? I won't ask where...
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#24 JoeKool82185

JoeKool82185

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

I may be new here, but I'd just like to point out that the OP posed a perfectly legitimate question, and did so in a manner that was no way rude or impolite. I myself had actually been wondering the same thing. There is no reason to flame a newbie (or for everyone to pat each other on the back and act like the newbie should be grateful for not being flamed). While it's perfectly understandable that there is no current release date, it is also understandable that people would be curious as to how the progress is going (have you barely scratched the surface or have all the ships been modelled, etc). Even if the question really doesn't have an answer, it's still a legit question. Maybe you should make an official thread and sticky it.

Whether or not this is being released for free, there's no reason to be unnecessarily rude to the fans who would otherwise be willing to spread information about this awesome-looking mod through word of mouth (which is how I heard about it).

*puts on fireman's coat and gets ready to be flamed*
  • Kommrad II likes this

#25 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I may be new here, but I'd just like to point out that the OP posed a perfectly legitimate question, and did so in a manner that was no way rude or impolite. I myself had actually been wondering the same thing. There is no reason to flame a newbie (or for everyone to pat each other on the back and act like the newbie should be grateful for not being flamed). While it's perfectly understandable that there is no current release date, it is also understandable that people would be curious as to how the progress is going (have you barely scratched the surface or have all the ships been modelled, etc). Even if the question really doesn't have an answer, it's still a legit question. Maybe you should make an official thread and sticky it.

Whether or not this is being released for free, there's no reason to be unnecessarily rude to the fans who would otherwise be willing to spread information about this awesome-looking mod through word of mouth (which is how I heard about it).

Understood. I won't be one to flame.
The reason the devs get so annoyed about the release dates is because people keep asking, and as Uni said, if we miss a date, it will be very bad for us. Especially considering the history of the past releases, we need to make sure not to get ourselves rushed by artificial dates imposed on ourselves.
Many of the devs here are students (hence the child labor jokes), and the others have fairly busy lives, so making an accurate prediction is extremely difficult. Add to that the fact that a staff member could randomly drop out, or have a major incident that keeps them from working, and you start to see how hard it is to predict a date and why devs find the questions annoying.
As a general rule, unless we say a date, there won't be one. So as a general rule, don't ask.

And at the old-timers, please do keep the flaming down to a minimum. We don't want the community of good people we have here to look bad because of newb-flaming incidents.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#26 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

You deploying? I won't ask where...

Deployed already...

#27 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

And at the old-timers, please do keep the flaming down to a minimum. We don't want the community of good people we have here to look bad because of newb-flaming incidents.

I am guessing that also applies to people like me who have seen Uni eat the souls of innocents and feel like old timers.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#28 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

I am guessing that also applies to people like me who have seen Uni eat the souls of innocents and feel like old timers.

Yep
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#29 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

This is a completely fair point, and we don't want a hostile culture here, but we have a FAQ on the ModDB page and no one seems to read it, so you'll have to excuse our exhaustion over questions like that. I do intend on writing a post here so for ModDb and the forums explaining where things are at though, so keep eye open for that.
  • sloosecannon, Defender0, Centurian128 and 1 other like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#30 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

we have a FAQ on the ModDB page and no one seems to read it,

I know this may seem hard to do, but is there any way we can make the FAQ more... obvious? So that people actually take notice and read it?

#31 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

I know this may seem hard to do, but is there any way we can make the FAQ more... obvious? So that people actually take notice and read it?

Woah sir
Woah........
There is a FAQ

*note the sarcasm
  • Defender0 likes this

#32 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

*note the sarcasm

Noted

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#33 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Woah sir
Woah........
There is a FAQ

*note the sarcasm

I like this guy, he speaks my language.

But yeah, I see the FAQ myself every time i get on moddb, but the surrounding stuff may actually make it blend in a little. I think we should at least try to make it stand out more, maybe make it a section of its own.

#34 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I like this guy, he speaks my language.

But yeah, I see the FAQ myself every time i get on moddb, but the surrounding stuff may actually make it blend in a little. I think we should at least try to make it stand out more, maybe make it a section of its own.

Yeah

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#35 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yep

crap

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#36 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

crap

Btw, how do you like your user title?

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#37 HoneyBadger565

HoneyBadger565

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

He just don't giv a shit!

#38 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

He just don't giv a shit!

Hohoho, I see what you did there, you card.

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#39 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Btw, how do you like your user title?

Did you not see my one of my status updates? I will repost it for you.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#40 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Did you not see my one of my status updates? I will repost it for you.

I think its safe to say you're fighting a losing battle on this one. Might want to quit while you're... behind i guess?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users