• Create Account

Photo

What's your /least/ favorite ship or aspect of the mod?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Just to mix things up, give us suggestions on things you think we're lacking. No criticism is too far, it just needs to be grounded in reality and be a reasonable grievance.
  • Unikraken likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#2 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Price and implementation of the Anchor station, It is Work In Progress I realize but still. It isn't worth the price of an Orion as it is right now and I doubt it ever will be worth anything near the price of the Orion. It needs its' abilities finalized, that is the thing I would most like in the next public patch, a finished Anchor station.

Also culture is annoying, we could remove it or make your empire 100% resistant to enemy culture couldn't we.
  • Bornstellaris likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#3 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

I also would like to remove culture completely. There wasn't really any cultural exchange to speak of between the UNSC, the Covenant or anyone else.
Sweden can into gender!

#4 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Price and implementation of the Anchor station, It is Work In Progress I realize but still. It isn't worth the price of an Orion as it is right now and I doubt it ever will be worth anything near the price of the Orion. It needs its' abilities finalized, that is the thing I would most like in the next public patch, a finished Anchor station.

Also culture is annoying, we could remove it or make your empire 100% resistant to enemy culture couldn't we.

Yeah, pretty much the Anchor station is just a glorified frigate factory with strikecraft and a few other utilities. Aux gov. isn't worth anything since by the time they're able to bombard your planet, the Anchor station is already gone due to the extremely high damage values of this mod. It isn't the TEC station, that it can tank damage for days when upgraded and dish it out.
Using Anchor stations for a ton of trade is a tedious and almost not worthwhile task to do. Since it'll still take quite a bit of time to make back the cost of just placing all those stations down.

The Anchor station is just an all in one platform in logistics but has the costs of a full combat station with some useless abilities.

#5 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

It is going to be a support role only station, the private beta has reduced the price considerably but getting full level repair, build and strike craft with level 1 trade still cost 6000 credits (includes deployment and build ship cost) and 9000 credits all up (with research costs, only applies for first station, only need research once), but there are lots of things to work one. I still things it should be reduce by a 1/2 at least.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#6 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

The lack of covenant. Note the sarcasm
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#7 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

(In an alternate reality) The inability to be on the ground and fight the covenant in first person when all we get from Bungie and 343 are 4X games based only on the navies.
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#8 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Culture is always annoying.
Spoiler

#9 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I also would like to remove culture completely. There wasn't really any cultural exchange to speak of between the UNSC, the Covenant or anyone else.

Culture is always annoying.

hardcoding.jpg, cant remove culture without breaking the game

Now, onto my least favorite aspect: the flood are too bland right now. there are only two kinds of ships, while in the games, there were 4 forms (infection, combat, carrier, pure) and the pure form had 3 varieties. It just feels like the flood dont embody the versatility of what they really are.

It is going to be a support role only station, the private beta has reduced the price considerably but getting full level repair, build and strike craft with level 1 trade still cost 6000 credits (includes deployment and build ship cost) and 9000 credits all up (with research costs, only applies for first station, only need research once), but there are lots of things to work one. I still things it should be reduce by a 1/2 at least.

In all honesty, i find the upgrade times to be even more annoying than the cost. 60-90 seconds for upgrades that are really cheap doesnt seem right.

#10 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I know it's the whole point of the mod, but I really don't like the losses i incur after any battle. I like keeping my guys alive for as long as possible.
  • Defender0 likes this

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#11 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

I know it's the whole point of the mod, but I really don't like the losses i incur after any battle. I like keeping my guys alive for as long as possible.

Ive found that a really good tactic to counter the amount of units lost is to have an anchor station in a nearby system replenish your lost units, and have the anchor station rally to your fleet. Its not perfect, but it does help when attacking enemy territory to have a few anchors around some planets pumping out replacement units.

#12 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

I like to fight well enough of a fight that I don't lose those units, then I don't have to replace them.

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#13 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

I like to fight well enough of a fight that I don't lose those units, then I don't have to replace them.

I agree, i prefer minimal losses all the time, but... its not always the case when you have a plasma torpedo aimed at you, let alone a volley of them.

#14 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Taking losses is what happens to the UNSC in Halo they are fighting for survival and loosing in the time period of the mod
  • Defender0 likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#15 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Taking losses is what happens to the UNSC in Halo they are fighting for survival and loosing in the time period of the mod

But they don't like fighting and losing ships do they. They like to fight where they don't lose any units, if at all possible. They can't survive if they're dead.
Don't read this signature.

#16 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

But they don't like fighting and losing ships do they. They like to fight where they don't lose any units, if at all possible. They can't survive if they're dead.

True, but when you fight, especially against the Covenant, you will lose ships and as a general rule alot of ships. I have a feeling the developers will replicate that as they have mentioned the 3:1 ratio needed to win a fight. Which a UNSC play will need to do from what I understand.
Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

the developers will replicate that

Dianno already has replicated that :P

#18 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Dianno already has replicated that :P

SWEET!!!!!!
Spoiler

#19 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Then you're not in the Halo universe, you're somewhere else. Attrition is a big part of any of the books, given that you need to have read them to fully appreciate our mod.
  • Defender0 and MrChipps like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#20 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Attrition is a big part of any of the books, given that you need to have read them to fully appreciate our mod.

Understatement.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users