• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Red Armageddonn

Red Armageddonn

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

We all know forerunner have superior technology to the UNSCDF and the Covenant Empire however if we put them into game then how the heck are the covies and humans going to withstand their powers. For instance the forerunner design seed in the novels can build large warships in a matter of minutes like the ur-didacts ship was build in mere minutes. As well as their Fortress-Class vessel is over 50k in length (infinity is 5.6kms) !

This is the prototype NOVA Bomb, nine fusion warheads encased in lithium triteride armor. When detonated, it compresses its fissionable material to neutron-star density, boosting the thermonuclear yield a hundredfold. I am Vice Admiral Danforth Whitcomb, temporarily in command of the UNSC military base Reach. To the Covenant uglies that might be listening, you have a few seconds to pray to your damned heathen gods. You all have a nice day in hell...

Vice Admiral Danforth Whitcomb

#2 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

The UNSC and Covies will have superior numbers, the Covies will have more of a chance than UNSC but you're best to use good tactics if you're Covenant.... UNSC on the other hand, just shiva the shit out of everything that flies or you can just place mines everywhere and SMAC's and pray to god. But the forerunners will be fine i think. 

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#3 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

The Forerunners are in a very early stage, we don't know how exactly the balancing will work yet. We do know how we want them structured, but nothing is set in stone at this time. Don't worry about the Forerunners for now, they are still a long journey away.

Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#4 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

The Forerunners are in a very early stage, we don't know how exactly the balancing will work yet. We do know how we want them structured, but nothing is set in stone at this time. Don't worry about the Forerunners for now, they are still a long journey away.

The Great Journey

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

I don't really think they will make the Fortress class 50km long. It would be amazing, but fittingly improbable.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

At this time the Fortress class will not be added, it is far to large and will break the game on several levels. Same exact reason we absolutely refuse to add in the plot device-Plot Device.

• Defender0 likes this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#7 Redleader102

Redleader102

My name is Redleader, not Purpleleader!

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

At this time the Fortress class will not be added, it is far to large and will break the game on several levels. Same exact reason we absolutely refuse to add in the plot device-Plot Device.

Uh...I thought we refused to add the plot device because it's just a massively over-sized Assault Carrier model because Bungie couldn't be bothered to make a new model?

• Defender0 likes this
Out of darkness, these blades will light our way.

Glory and honor guide our acension.

On the blood of our fathers on the blood of our sons.

The true devotee honors our name with actions, not words.

Victory is secured not from the throne, but from the frontlines

#8 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

My Dept I guess.

So we all know the forerunners are going to be OP. My preliminary designs for that faction are making in somewhat nomadic and not reliant on planets except for mineral income. instead of having an established empire or corner of the galaxy, they will use their capital ships to earn money, allowing them to pick and chose what planets they go to. The ships will be expensive and most of their fleet will be sentinels with very few of the OP ships. Build times for anything non sentinel will be long for game balancing so they are all about planning their fleet engagements because if you lose a fleet as the unsc or covenant its not game over, but as the forerunners it might just be.

• SternuS likes this

bDNWw7L.png

#9 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

I don't really think they will make the Fortress class 50km long. It would be amazing, but fittingly improbable.

I will die before i put this in game as a ship. The rest of the Cruisers/Capital ships eat Covie raid fleets for breakfast

• SternuS likes this

#10 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Also it should be noted we will have very few capital slots for the forerunners. So like 8 or less. if a UNSC fleet h as like 60 average then a forerunner fleet will be much much less. But we are dedicated to making the mod canon AND balanced. Even the forerunners too which is why we are emphasizing that they are a remnant rather than a full empire. Personally id rather they have protoss esk warp gates that bring other ships from around the galaxy rather than construction. But im no forerunner expert I just like the idea of them not making units but calling in existing ones.

• D4RKST0RM99 and SternuS like this

bDNWw7L.png

#11 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Yes I often think at Forerunner tech like Protoss' too. Human-machine, warp gates, etc.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#12 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

I imagine there to be maybe 2 forerunners per planet (or battlegroup which i imagine would consist of maybe 2 capital ships) and when it says population it means sentinels...

that's what the population would be like in my opinion

I mean it is very possible many of them survived (look at the ark there were a few there before they fired the installations and we do know they live for a bloody long time and they do reproduce in ones or two' (cryptum, silentium and the other one (forgotten the name)

so there could be more if possible and interbreeding well look at their medical technology for all we know they could diversify their species that way as well as through normal breeding processes)

UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

I mean it is very possible many of them survived (look at the ark there were a few there before they fired the installations and we do know they live for a bloody long time and they do reproduce in ones or two' (cryptum, silentium and the other one (forgotten the name)

so there could be more if possible and interbreeding well look at their medical technology for all we know they could diversify their species that way as well as through normal breeding processes)

The Greater Ark was destroyed, leaving only the Ark we discovered. Which was smaller, but big as hell compared to our "biggest" vessels.

Primordium.

Well, they lived for a bloody long time, but 102,500 years are a lot. Considering the few ones that survived in the Ark, probably only Lifeworkers, the number of non-sentinel Capital ships would be very low.

But this is only lore discussion.

#14 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

what about a possibility of having a couple of shield worlds that was used by by all the forerunners (all faction prometheans builders lifeworker to name the main 2) that supported the didacts idea but did so on their own or without the didact's knowledge (either of them)

UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

what about a possibility of having a couple of shield worlds that was used by by all the forerunners (all faction prometheans builders lifeworker to name the main 2) that supported the didacts idea but did so on their own or without the didact's knowledge (either of them)

Well, for what I've read in Silentium, they're all dead. All of them, except the Didact. But who knows, what you say is possible, although improbable.

#16 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

We all know forerunner have superior technology to the UNSCDF and the Covenant Empire however if we put them into game then how the heck are the covies and humans going to withstand their powers. For instance the forerunner design seed in the novels can build large warships in a matter of minutes like the ur-didacts ship was build in mere minutes. As well as their Fortress-Class vessel is over 50k in length (infinity is 5.6kms) !

Also don't forget the boarding parties.. taking over a forerunner cruiser whenever you get a chance can also really bolster your fleet. 

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Also don't forget the boarding parties.. taking over a forerunner cruiser whenever you get a chance can also really bolster your fleet. 

slightly laughable that a halcyon refit would be able to activate that ability in time before said forerunner cruiser lights it up

#18 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

slightly laughable that a halcyon refit would be able to activate that ability in time before said forerunner cruiser lights it up

I'm just saying there's a chance. If the ship is pre-occupied with other vessels you could sneak one in if the other player (or a.i) isn't paying too close attention. 

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#19 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm just saying there's a chance. If the ship is pre-occupied with other vessels you could sneak one in if the other player (or a.i) isn't paying too close attention. 

at this time, forerunner cruisers outrange MACs, and do severe damage. A halcyon wouldnt stand a chance

#20 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's been done in the past defender…
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users