49 replies to this topic

#21 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Ahh right i get it, the CRS is only a fleet support cruiser, probably justifying the size.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#22 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ahh right i get it, the CRS is only a fleet support cruiser, probably justifying the size.

Though size isn't the issue. It's the overall design of being identical to the CCS. 

#23 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Spoiler

Ok, tell me: are those CCS-class or CRS-class? Or both? If you think there are both the classes, which are CCS and which are CRS?
Do you think the nearest one is a CRS? Why? Because it seems to be near the FUD and then it can't be so big to be a CCS? How distant is it from the FUD? 100 metres? 200 maybe? Or 2 kilometres?
They're CRS. I discovered it after I read the wikis.
Next question: what class is this?
Spoiler

Just tell me how do you understand the difference. When they're next to another ship?

I could easily tell the difference but maybe that's because I'm used to judging relative distance and size as a former computing shooter and as a hunter. Also in terms if Halo canon it would be increadably easy to tell that is one huge size, even without the various sensor that UNSC ships have on board or the range finder that most troops would have,difference the CRS is SMALLER than a Charon remember that is HALF of the FoD not the whole size. 1,782 meters verses 300 is a massive difference. I agree that more could have been done to distinguish between the two however it is still very easy to distinguish and if you cannot tell the difference in the mod well I'm sorry they are sized to canon and it IS a huge difference if we want to have a continued discussion about this then start a thread int the Halo Canon section.
  • Defender0 likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#24 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I can see what you mean in regards to Halo but in SotP it really isn't a problem in my opinion so why not have the miniature CCS in it?

I could easily tell the difference but maybe that's because I'm used to judging relative distance and size as a former computing shooter and as a hunter. Also in terms if Halo canon it would be increadably easy to tell that is one huge size, even without the various sensor that UNSC ships have on board or the range finder that most troops would have,difference the CRS is SMALLER than a Charon remember that is HALF of the FoD not the whole size. 1,782 meters verses 300 is a massive difference. I agree that more could have been done to distinguish between the two however it is still very easy to distinguish and if you cannot tell the difference in the mod well I'm sorry they are sized to canon and it IS a huge difference if we want to have a continued discussion about this then start a thread int the Halo Canon section.

Ah, I see the point. I'm not saying I don't want it in the mod, not anymore at least, nor I'm saying that I can't tell the difference-in the mod.

What I'm trying to say is that you, not as a soldier with a "range finder," nor as a captain on board of a ship with "various sensor", you as you person, playing Halo on a TV, you can't tell the difference between one or another. And this is a fact, because not even the undersigned, for which Halo is part of his life, can distinguish a CRS from a CCS.

I can tell the difference in the mod, no problem there. But in the official game? Did you understand if it was a CRS or a CCS in that mission of Spartan Ops, which name I can't remember, when you were in that sort of temple and this cruiser flew above your head? I guess not. Or maybe yes, lucky you. But I can't.

And with this sentence, I will end this little OT because I can't explain it better than this, thus I'll pass the argument to others more acknowledged of the English language. 1,782 metres long, the Forward Unto Dawn? I might be wrong in many things, but I'm sure as hell the frigate is about 400 metres long.

EDIT: I just realized, you misunderstood the unit of measurement. Inches are not equal to metres.

• MrChipps likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#25 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

If i was a dev i would probably go with the manta ray look, its canonical with both reach and 4, Seeing as covvie ships can shed sections perhaps the side sections that made it look like a manta ray had been shed in halo 4.

majestic2.jpgcovlightcruiser2.jpg

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#26 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think the point SternuS is trying to make has nothing to do with size, but visual representation, in which I completely agree. If it were my way, the CRS wouldn't be a CCS look alike but the damage is already done and I already have three different textures for the CCS so might as well add the RCS, too.

• MrChipps and SternuS like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#27 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

If i was a dev i would probably go with the manta ray look, its canonical with both reach and 4, Seeing as covvie ships can shed sections perhaps the side sections that made it look like a manta ray had been shed in halo 4.

This. As I said, I'd like to see both.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#28 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

I think the point SternuS is trying to make has nothing to do with size, but visual representation, in which I completely agree. If it were my way, the CRS wouldn't be a CCS look alike but the damage is already done and I already have three different textures for the CCS so might as well add the RCS, too.

Yeah, they're identical in the design, and this makes them hard to distinguish one from another.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#29 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Actually, I dont know if the RCS would be included, due simply to the fact that it would not do anything unique, and that it would only be able to do things that another covenant ship already can do. Basically, I see no place for it.

Edit: Meant to quote zero, on phone so cant really fix this.

#30 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Actually, I dont know if the RCS would be included, due simply to the fact that it would not do anything unique, and that it would only be able to do things that another covenant ship already can do. Basically, I see no place for it.

I quote from the wiki it is a fleet support cruiser rather than a combat cruiser, hence the size.  So pehaps a colony ship, AA ship, constructor ship, or repair ship sould suit this role cononically.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#31 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Given its description in the visual guide IF we were to put it in it would likely be similar to the valiant as in a command "cruiser" (that is in quotes because there really aren't any cruisers in the Sins engine, they are either frigates or capitals). As of now I'm pretty sure that we have the ships finalized except for place holder models and textures.
Spoiler

#32 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

A command cruiser? only 300m? huehuehueheueheueheu

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#33 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

A command cruiser? only 300m? huehuehueheueheueheu

not the CRS, the RCS. There is no need for a repair unit (covie starbase is supposed to take that position), colonizing is done by the carrier and assault carrier, and AA is handled by the SDV class. I dont think the covenant would use a ship like the RCS for construction as it is essentially a modified CCS used for fleet operations. Hence the reason for me stating the following

In addition, a "command" ship in sins would be a support ship that gave out buffs, which is what the valiant actually does. I think its safe to say that the covenant do not need fleet buffs nearly as much as the UNSC

#34 Antonaccio

Antonaccio

Crewman Apprentice

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMost likely causing a Star to go Supernova

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

It could possibly take the colonizing ability from the carrier in the future? It would seem like a good ship for it, Armored but less weapon. Not to mention on the wiki it says it's good for planetary occupation and whatnot.
  • SPECTRE likes this

#35 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I doubt we will be putting it in the the mod and carriers were the main invasion vessels of the Covenant. 

Spoiler

#36 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

We work with what we have. The CRS via Halo 4 and through various sources is confirmed to look nearly identical to the CCS only much smaller. You can EASILY tell within game by a first glance. IF you can not tell by a simple, OH THATS TINY thats a CRS vs WOW thats a CCS then that is more user error than our choices for the design. If you wish to see a better variant like a halo 2 thing zero has going for it, OR some other ship in its place then feel free to either Design it, model it, texture it, Or beg the holy artist gods (zero and anni) to give you one for your soul. Otherwise we made it VERY clear on which one is which. Back to topic or start a new one.

bDNWw7L.png

#37 ARC 179

ARC 179

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAWOL

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

So I just saw the UNSC research base for military side and that it will somehow lead to UNSC shield research. I was thinking, would it be possible to give the UNSC some kind of large scale economic boost for the civilian stations? Maybe something like upping the extraction rate of crystalline plutonium and metals to 61 percent?

Ex cineribus surgebaum

XBL GT: Same as username.

Commanding officer of the UNSC Buttmad

#38 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well here is what we will do:

(REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED)

In short and typical ONI order I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.
  • Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

#39 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

From CIC ONI (00230-00923-MP)

<ONIcom S0 and SIII commanders only>

TO: Field operative 0 team K5 SN: 39489-72738-SO.

<DATA CANNOT BE DECRYPTED>

<YOUR INTRUSION HAS BEEN LOGGED>

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#40 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

From CIC ONI (00230-00923-MP)

<ONIcom S0 and SIII commanders only>

TO: Field operative 0 team K5 SN: 39489-72738-SO.

<DATA CANNOT BE DECRYPTED>

<YOUR INTRUSION HAS BEEN LOGGED>

This really makes no sense. Stop, please.

• Emberblaque and Defender0 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users