• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

If my memory is correct, either Coles final battle or the Fall of Reach had the largest amount of UNSC ships present. Typical UNSC to Covenant fleet engagements were 30-50 ships on the UNSC side. Furthermore, it was extremely rare to see cruisers present in a fleet engagement. If there were cruisers present, it was an important battle.

True, but even Cole's final battle was different. Wasn't the fleet blown up when Cole blew up the gas giant? That's exactly what I mean by individual tactics, you just can't replicate situations like that in game. A single Valiant vs. a medium covenant fleet is going to lose. It may take a few with it, based on nukes and a good MAC shot but it's going down quickly.

Incidentally: 'Watch what one unworthy Human can do!' is possibly my favourite contextual quote from the entirety of Halo.
  • Emberblaque, sloosecannon and Bornstellaris like this

#22 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

No Cole's fleet jumped away while he lured the covenant ships close to the brown dwarf.

Now would you like us to make it actually canon. Where the covenant can out produce you, has more ships than you, and has better ships than you.

Now if we are going to discuss this as a team we need to move it to the play tester section.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#23 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Funny you should mention psi serpentis.

Its believed that the Everest did a on the pin slipspace jump in atmospheric free-fall with the help of the help of his estranged wife and captain of the independent insurrectionist frigate bellicose, Lyrenne Castilla, and that the marathon class Io's reactor blew and ignited the giant, not the Everest's .

Begs the question where the f*** is Cole and the Everest? And what are they doing?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#24 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Funny you should mention psi serpentis.

Its believed that the Everest did a on the pin slipspace jump in atmospheric free-fall with the help of the help of his estranged wife and captain of the independent insurrectionist frigate bellicose, Lyrenne Castilla, and that the marathon class Io's reactor blew and ignited the giant, not the Everest's .

Begs the question where the f*** is Cole and the Everest? And what are they doing?

...because we didnt know this already? o_o

#25 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

He created the brown dwarf with nukes, I'm aware his fleet jumped away.

No! No. I'm not criticising at all. You know I love this mod and the dedication to canon is admirable. I'm just saying realistically you're restricted by game mechanics. Some things just can't be replicated. That's all!
  • Defender0 likes this

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

realistically you're restricted by game mechanics.

Hi hardcoding!!!

#27 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

No! No. I'm not criticising at all. You know I love this mod and the dedication to canon is admirable. I'm just saying realistically you're restricted by game mechanics. Some things just can't be replicated. That's all!

I certainly thought this was all rather evident in the first place.

#28 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, it's just M468 seemed to be getting the wrong impression. I see his point but that wasn't what I was trying to say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users