• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Are we doing that? I had wistful fantasies of something else happening.

I'm still unclear why a Vanilla style split isn't the plan from the off? As in, select faction at the start. Is it purely so the progression sense comes in through the game (no sense in starting as Cov loyalists) or is there an 'under the hood' reason?

That said. I think of all the ships to split, the infinity is not the right one. It's too much of an icon for the UNSC as a whole. Hell, it's an icon for Humanity as a whole. I think there should be some exclusive ships but it should be the Splaser ship and it's counterpart. Maybe even more if you get a real hankering for divergence.
  • Bornstellaris and Cole Protocol like this

#102 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

I think there should be some exclusive ships but it should be the Splaser ship and it's counterpart. Maybe even more if you get a real hankering for divergence.

UNSC walk of shame

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#103 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

UNSC walk of shame

Why do you keep saying that? Is it a Capital ship name or the class name? Do you want the class name to be 'Walk of Shame'?

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#104 ahunter257

ahunter257

Modding Apprentice

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Spectre, is this what you are referring to? I don't think a sloop class ship would make much of a difference... Especially against a Spartan Laser ship. Not a fair trade off in the slightest, unless the   Spartan Laser ship isn't as powerful as I am imagining it to be.

http://halo.wikia.co...C_Walk_of_Shame

#105 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

I meant point of no return.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#106 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

Can we... just all agree upon that you link to a halopedia article if that special ship and or class if mentioned first in a conversation?

Or any other source you like to use.

No offense

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#107 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Halopedia is the worst, i remember there was an article without any puctuation it goes as:

and the blah and the blah and the blah.

http://halo.wikia.co...stealth_cruiser

making spartan lazer topic

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#108 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

making spartan lazer topic

That would be best.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#109 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

I just had an idea, it is replacing titans with "heroes." To recruit them you need a hero recruitment center, which builds them. You research them like you would a cap ship, but some are weaker than cap ships, with some being path exclusive (PONR, Midsummer night, etc.)

No idea whether you could use Titan system to limit you to one of each ship out at a time though.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#110 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ehh, hero role really isnt speaking to me. Plus the current UNSC titan would be the hero. because how useful would the UNSC Everest be or forward unto dawn? not that we could even do those, since those ships are dead... all UNSC ship based hero's are dead..... (save lasky) and I would have no clue about the covenant, there only "hero" capable ship is the dreadnought used in kenya and highcharity, and it doesn't even have weapons, they were all stripped and put on highcharity. However, i could see it for the Forerunner remnant, but the devs barley have anything done on them, so I would not count on it.

#111 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've always disliked the idea of hero units. Seems like the sort of idea that your teacher would give you brownie points for coming up with but that just wouldn't fly in the board room.

• Bornstellaris and SPECTRE like this

#112 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

@ ember Im not sure what that means but somehow I still understand it.

#113 KillaBC

KillaBC

KillaBC cannot into space

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts
  • LocationWorksop, England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hero units work well if it fits with the overall feel and works with the system you have in place. It is fun to see your favourite hero fly into battle and kick ass but for Halo most heroes we saw were all on the ground and after the HvC war was over most of them were dead or missing.

Sci-fidude had it right, the Titan would be the hero, Infinity for the UNSC, whatever it is for the Covvie and The Diadect for the Forerunners. These ships are there to save the day and kick arse.

On the station front for the UNSC it doesn't make much sense to have a unified defence structure for the UNSC. The amount of power to power one would be enormous, even the SMAC stations didn't even have their own power sources. The current network of defence stations are ideal for them, they can't hold off an assault but they'll do a damn good job at it. Though an outpost of sorts to have that can defend against light attacks which can be deployed to monitor the 'border' would be a good idea and I could see that working.    

• Cole Protocol likes this

STA3/ST:I Dev 

#114 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

@ killa First of all thank you for agreeing, second I think the outpost is cool, now maybe the starbase topic will return to this thread (instead of the titans that decided to pop in) so good idea, maybe were coming at this wrong, perhaps the anchor is our defence station and now all we need is a very light and cheap base to put out in the middle of nowhere, but have it so it can call reinforcements to it very quickly if it falls under attack.

#115 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

If we would be giving the Infinity to ONI why would we give the non-ONI faction a ship with ENERGY PROJECTORS/LASERS????

That was in response to the possible other ship mentioned. Sorry for not quoting it... mobile....
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#116 KillaBC

KillaBC

KillaBC cannot into space

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts
  • LocationWorksop, England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

In STA3 as Uni mentioned our Colony ships can deploy an outpost as an ability (It's lost in the process) which is cheap and does what starbases do but are rather weak and can defend against most early rushes. Though towards late game they get knocked down faster than a person with Ebola. Though I know of no UNSC station in cannon that would fill this role, it would have to be original.    

STA3/ST:I Dev 

#117 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

@ m468 Good point... i guess we all should have thought that through more......

#118 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

@ killa so are you saying we use the colony ship like the vasari and have it deploy starbases? cause that makes more sense than even in vanilla sins...

#119 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

If we would be giving the Infinity to ONI why would we give the non-ONI faction a ship with ENERGY PROJECTORS/LASERS????

That was in response to the possible other ship mentioned. Sorry for not quoting it... mobile....

both "factions" get infinity

#120 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

I get that, but what about this since were already on this, what if each split still gets infinity, but with different abilities for it? like for one, ONI gets increased shielding upgrade, trade complex gets increased hull integrity. Just a thought,  but it would weigh in more this way on which side you pick, so the titan actually has variation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users