• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well I guess you haven't read just how much punishment that one ship took. And as Defender say it was very heavily armed and on top of that rare. Besides the Assault Carrier was rather common.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#22 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

To be honest, I just want to see a giant dildo as the covie's titan for shits and gigs. but replace it with the actual titan

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#23 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

To be honest, I just want to see a giant dildo

Why would you say this in the world?

#24 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Why would you say this in the world?

Shits, and Gigs, and why not? give people some lols.

Imagine their reaction when they see I giant Dildo blowing ships up...

It could have the ability "Turkey Slap".

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#25 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Shits, and Gigs, and why not? give people some lols.

Imagine their reaction when they see I giant Dildo blowing ships up...

It could have the ability "Turkey Slap".

Why....why....WHY

• wex3^4 likes this

#26 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Why....why....WHY

Delilah

#27 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

why NOT

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#28 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

tumblr_lvray2Wfd61qibz0jo1_r1_1280.png

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#29 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

tumblr_lvray2Wfd61qibz0jo1_r1_1280.png

If you were to make a poll about this decision, I'd say yes.
Spoiler

#30 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

wynaut.jpg

• Defender0 likes this

#31 KillaBC

KillaBC

KillaBC cannot into space

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts
  • LocationWorksop, England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Pah giant dildo as a Titan, I want a god damn spaghetti monster. This is so I can destroy the enemy fleet with his noodly appendage.  

• Bornstellaris, Moustachio86, SPECTRE and 1 other like this

STA3/ST:I Dev 

#32 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Just going off the Hephaestus idea, is it possible to make the Titan buildable only from a star base like the anchor station or uneven elephant?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#33 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Just going off the Hephaestus idea, is it possible to make the Titan buildable only from a star base like the anchor station or uneven elephant?

Probably, but the Infinity would dwarf the Anchor; just look at the Cradle.

#34 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Probably, but the Infinity would dwarf the Anchor; just look at the Cradle.

Well that could be dealt with rather easily, at least i think, i have heard stuff around the forums like that and it sounds like the ship in the building would be reduced in size only to reappear at full.

#35 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well that could be dealt with rather easily, at least i think, i have heard stuff around the forums like that and it sounds like the ship in the building would be reduced in size only to reappear at full.

Mixed emotions about that, sounds cool, but I'm not sure the purpose. However, I'm done dream-crushing for one day...

#36 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Mixed emotions about that, sounds cool, but I'm not sure the purpose. However, I'm done dream-crushing for one day...

Dream crushing? hardly, frankly im Ok with it phasing into the starbase, but i know others are not, so just thought i would put that out there.

#37 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

You could do it so that the Titans are a bit harder to get than they are in vanilla sins, and it's slightly more canonical (what with building them at a secret facility in the Ort cloud)
  • Moustachio86 likes this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#38 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

You could do it so that the Titans are a bit harder to get than they are in vanilla sins, and it's slightly more canonical (what with building them at a secret facility in the Ort cloud)

There has been a plan (only on playtester level, nothing official) to have the research needed at the end of respective trees, making it the ultimate end-game feature.

So instead of:

Titan I --->Titan II ---> Titan III ---> Titan Complete

right at the start with bonuses for each upgrade, it's more like:

Shielding/Armour Chain ----> Titan Hull

Weapons Research Chain ---> Titan Weapons

etc. With each of the Titan research tabs being likely tech level 7 or 8.

Suggested chains have included the above as well as Spartan IVs, Energy Projectors, A.I. and Forerunner Engines. Some are easier to tag onto existing chains, some may have to be standalone. I don't think there's a restriction on the number of research options so this could be something to play around with.

The main benefit of this is not only does it require serious time and energy to be sunk in, but it also gives a proper endgame feel. It is, as you said, far more difficult than Vanilla Titans (which can be rushed in 10-15 minutes).

Another feature of this was designed to take advantage of the small change that Ironclad made by allowing titan research to buff the entire fleet. Thus researching the hull buff would give shields to frigates, Spartan IVs would dramatically buff invasion rates,while the engines research would grant faster slip space movement to the whole fleet, again representing the improvements gleaned from Infinity's forerunner engines. In short, once the UNSC busts this bad boy out, the Covvies are going to have a bad time.

As these are my, Doulmegas' and Con7Con's original ideas I'm quite attached to it and would push quite heavily for its implementation when Titan development starts.
What do you guys think?
  • Metanator likes this

#39 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

There has been a plan (only on playtester level, nothing official) to have the research needed at the end of respective trees, making it the ultimate end-game feature.

So instead of:

Suggested chains have included the above as well as Spartan IVs, Energy Projectors, A.I. and Forerunner Engines. Some are easier to tag onto existing chains, some may have to be standalone. I don't think there's a restriction on the number of research options so this could be something to play around with.

The main benefit of this is not only does it require serious time and energy to be sunk in, but it also gives a proper endgame feel. It is, as you said, far more difficult than Vanilla Titans (which can be rushed in 10-15 minutes).

Another feature of this was designed to take advantage of the small change that Ironclad made by allowing titan research to buff the entire fleet. Thus researching the hull buff would give shields to frigates, Spartan IVs would dramatically buff invasion rates,while the engines research would grant faster slip space movement to the whole fleet, again representing the improvements gleaned from Infinity's forerunner engines. In short, once the UNSC busts this bad boy out, the Covvies are going to have a bad time.

As this is my, Doulmegas' and Con7Con's original ideas I'm quite attached to it and would push quite heavily for its implementation when Titan development starts.
What do you guys think?

This is a awesome idea, I wish i knew what other ideas you guys have, would be a interesting read. But back to the titan, if it was like this, it would make playing out the war much easier to, something i know all Halo fnas want to do in some way shape or form. So I like the idea, and i think it will drastically improve how the game plays. Te real question is here if the devs want to add this or not.

#40 Antigeist

Antigeist

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

So instead of:

As these are my, Doulmegas' and Con7Con's original ideas I'm quite attached to it and would push quite heavily for its implementation when Titan development starts.
What do you guys think?

I think that's a fantastic idea. The longer the game goes without Titans, the better as far as I'm concerned. I'm generally wary of Titans in general; they tend to royally bork the balance of the game by being gigantic meat shields that can tank an entire fleet's worth of damage and dish out tons of damage. And it's even worse when they have spammable, horrific AOE abilities. Thus, in most mods/regular Sins, obtaining your Titan is priority #1 and its effectiveness is not anywhere near proportional to its cost (~3 measely capital ships).

I assume that with the way Prophets has altered the gameplay to be faster and have ships die much quicker, Titans will not be the nigh-unkillable monsters they normally are and will still die relatively quickly under the combined fire of enemy ships. My point is, I'm fine with titans being very powerful, as long as their power is equal to their cost which is not the case in 99% of mods and regular Sins.

So anything that de-emphasizes the role titans play throughout a normal match and delays their entry is fine by me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users