#1 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

i was once again reminded of old questions from recent comment(s) on moddb, how will the flood and titans work? it would a bad for a inexperienced player to build 1 titan, lose it to flood, build another to replace the 1st, then lose that one and this goes on, and on, and  on. it would be madness. granted who would be dumb enough to build titans with flood involved...

thank you!

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#2 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Titans might not be capturable, the Infinity for example had a fleet of troops on board which are theoretically enough to keep the Flood at bay.

#3 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Titans might not be capturable, the Infinity for example had a fleet of troops on board which are theoretically enough to keep the Flood at bay.

A planets worth of forerunners and their weapons, as well a on their ships, fell to the flood's might.
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#4 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

A planets worth of forerunners and their weapons, as well a on their ships, fell to the flood's might.

Well there's also the balance aspect - flood Titans are definitely not a good thing
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Gameplay>Canon>Logic
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 planeofsuck

planeofsuck

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

i don't know if this has been asked before, but will the amount of flood fighters required to capture a ship increase? it seems good for both gameplay, canon and logic that bigger ships require more flood infestations to capture it

• oneilljamesvaughn528 likes this

#7 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

i don't know if this has been asked before, but will the amount of flood fighters required to capture a ship increase? it seems good for both gameplay, canon and logic that bigger ships require more flood infestations to capture it

The ability is assigned to the squadron because that is the easiest way to get the ability to work. The fact the VDNKh got the ability to work relayably is pretty impressive. So probably not going to happen as it is the squadron who captures the ship and not the individual fighter.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#8 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

the Infinity for example had a fleet of troops on board which are theoretically enough to keep the Flood at bay.

Yeah right, because Forerunners were few and way underdeveloped than the UNSC.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#9 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Yeah right, because Forerunners were few and way underdeveloped than the UNSC.

The Forerunners disadvantage wasn't as much the technology as it was their lack of numbers to sufficiently attack the flood directly but they could contain them for a time hence the Maginot Sphere, to quote Origins I "the flood had spread too far and too wide" compare this to the grunts, a sufficient number of these weak foes could wipe out whole battalions. The flood are as dangerous as the Borg, if you have a special defense against them, given enogh time they will find a way past it.

#10 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Yeh even the largest of forerunner vessels only had minimal crews. Imagine having a 50KM ship to yourself. Or an installation as large as a halo, or even as large as an ark.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#11 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Gameplay>Canon>Logic

Quoting myself.
  • David0425 likes this

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

The Forerunners disadvantage wasn't as much the technology as it was their lack of numbers to sufficiently attack the flood directly but they could contain them for a time hence the Maginot Sphere, to quote Origins I "the flood had spread too far and too wide" compare this to the grunts, a sufficient number of these weak foes could wipe out whole battalions. The flood are as dangerous as the Borg, if you have a special defense against them, given enogh time they will find a way past it.

Mine was sarcasm. Lavo said the crew of the Infinity has the numbers to contain an infestation, but that's false. I mean if an entire empire, counting billions of souls, couldn't defeat the Flood in any way except a mass destruction weapon, and they were more advanced than the UNSC (or Ancient Humans too), what chances do we have? The Infinity would eventually fall, just like any other ship.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Mine was sarcasm. Lavo said the crew of the Infinity has the numbers to contain an infestation, but that's false. I mean if an entire empire, counting billions of souls, couldn't defeat the Flood in any way except a mass destruction weapon, and they were more advanced than the UNSC (or Ancient Humans too), what chances do we have? The Infinity would eventually fall, just like any other ship.

You know I was referring to more that the Flood in SotP don't use hordes and hordes of troops in boarding actions, but just a few spores/small boarding parties. Of course, all of this was merely an excuse as allowing Titans to be capturable would be horrific from a gameplay standpoint.

#14 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

You know I was referring to more that the Flood in SotP don't use hordes and hordes of troops in boarding actions, but just a few spores/small boarding parties. Of course, all of this was merely an excuse as allowing Titans to be capturable would be horrific from a gameplay standpoint.

Ah. Sorry I understood that you were referring to the general lore.

#15 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Infinity also has plot armor.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#16 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Infinity also has plot armor.

Hardly, do you realise how much energy would be required to wreck 4m of titanium? It would take weeks or perhaps months to  cut your way through with a plasma cutter.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#17 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm saying it won't die from very much.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#18 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

The same could be argued about the CAS-class.  Shadow of Intent got hit directly by a flood spore and wasn't infected.

#19 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

The Ancient Humans lost because they were fighting a war on two fronts.  The Forerunners lost because they were still licking their wounds from the war with the humans.  

#20 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I have to go with Stark on this one.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users