147 replies to this topic

#121 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

That sounds... amazingly ominous, yet reassuring all at once. Just thought I'd provide a bit of feedback on how powerful the station is at its current state. Can't wait to see the Covies finally catch up.

If you took the time to look around the site it would not be as ominous.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#122 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

If you took the time to look around the site it would not be as ominous.

Crisiss' sharp tongue is like Old Unikraken.

• MrChipps likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#123 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

New Uni is teh suxorz bring old Uni back

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#124 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/kodasa_sinclair/
  • LocationA magical place with magical charms.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

<---- Does not know either uni's nor Crisiss. Nice to meet you both. Sharp tongues are fine, as long as they're put to good use.

Sadly I have only logic to retort with.  Given that I made my account during a busy period in my week, meaning I don't have a lot of time to look around the site at the current time. Will hopefully have some more time over the next couple of days.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#125 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

The mod is currently on a completely different balance internally than externally. From what we've done with the AI to ship stats and abilities.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#126 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

The mod is currently on a completely different balance internally than externally. From what we've done with the AI to ship stats and abilities.

Thanks for clarifying that. Looking forward to the next release.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#127 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

I guess I am kind of necroing this thread. Hate all you will but I recently picked up the update to this mod (after a LONG break not only from SoTP but also from SoaSE altogether.) So I don't know how recent the updates were. I would like to provide a little bit of feedback however, as well as a couple of suggestions.

First off: I don't know if you guys simply missed it during the coding, or if it was done intentionally, but the "one anchor station" per gravity well can be circumvented. I was playing this game co-op with a friend, and we could each build an anchor station in the same gravity well, and they both functioned. We placed two anchor stations down in a choke point system, and I have to say... They were close enough to repair each other, they had full upgrades and a full compliment of S.A.B.R.E fighters. NOTHING could get through. We had it ramped up to like 4 Cov AI set to Hard, all sending fleets at us at once.

Also not sure if it was intentional but the Anchor station with full hull upgrades + All hull research has well over 100,000 hull. I think we can rule shields as out of the question. Especially when all on its own, it can repair itself so quickly that it can decimate a covenant fleet and repair itself to full health before the next one arrives in system.

Currently your Anchor stations are the only viable way to stonewall the flood, my friend and I did test with the flood on as well, and we found everything bar anchor stations just died to them, so quickly.

Now onto the suggestion front. The shiva warheads... Do not get me wrong, I love those things. But I'll be damned if they aren't the most OP thing on the anchor station. I know they're expensive and all that but the UNSC has an economy comparable to the TEC so funds isn't exactly a huge issue. The thing is, the AI likes to group its ships up when attacking, and a single shiva warhead into the center of the group, drops that EMP effect and heavy damage, onto all the ships. The MACs and Archers then rip them apart. This station can take down Redemption class (Covenant super heavy) without even batting an eyelid...

This isn't to suggest that the stations are over-powered, they're certainly very powerful though. That said, the UNSC seems rather well built up at the moment, I can't wait to see what happens when you start building up the covenant.

you forgot systems where the only way to invade your opponents was through the star... and you can get 4 Starbases of any type in a Star in the Vanilla (5 with Twin Fortresses as TEC) so the UNSC can get a really kick-ass defensive cluster in a star along with the full hangar upgrades. and one star base cannot beat a full Covenant fleet, i've tried it, with full upgrades... about 35 CCS with Adjucators and the Titan can kill the Anchors if they moved the CCS's in first and have some lighter cannon fodder supporting... hell having a full Capital Ship cap maxed with the Titan and adjucators supported by CCS  and Pickets can tear apart most UNSC fleets unless they are compromised mainly of Halcyons and Autumns... 

Seriously Though, get a buddy or two together set up a map designer map where you and your buddies defend and against 4-5 Mythic/Legendary AI and they have to get through the Star. and set some them for Aggressive and Research, you might stand a chance if one person goes full Eco and supplies the other(s) with resources...r  while the Other(s) rush Anchors in the star... for an added challenge, set up a third star with about 3-7 Flood worlds seeing as each flood world send its own raiding party...

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#128 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

you forgot systems where the only way to invade your opponents was through the star... and you can get 4 Starbases of any type in a Star in the Vanilla (5 with Twin Fortresses as TEC) so the UNSC can get a really kick-ass defensive cluster in a star along with the full hangar upgrades. and one star base cannot beat a full Covenant fleet, i've tried it, with full upgrades... about 35 CCS with Adjucators and the Titan can kill the Anchors if they moved the CCS's in first and have some lighter cannon fodder supporting... hell having a full Capital Ship cap maxed with the Titan and adjucators supported by CCS  and Pickets can tear apart most UNSC fleets unless they are compromised mainly of Halcyons and Autumns... 

Seriously Though, get a buddy or two together set up a map designer map where you and your buddies defend and against 4-5 Mythic/Legendary AI and they have to get through the Star. and set some them for Aggressive and Research, you might stand a chance if one person goes full Eco and supplies the other(s) with resources...r  while the Other(s) rush Anchors in the star... for an added challenge, set up a third star with about 3-7 Flood worlds seeing as each flood world send its own raiding party...

Not how the flood works.......

• Defender0 and Crisiss like this
Spoiler

#129 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm not sure if you've played enough to know but the UNSC is not a TEC clone. There is no additional starbase research. Additional starbases can be obtained through planetary bonuses. They can be beaten however, so don't fret over that. Just gonna be hard and expensive. Also, you can have a total of 40 starbases in a single sun :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#130 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'm not sure if you've played enough to know but the UNSC is not a TEC clone. There is no additional starbase research. Additional starbases can be obtained through planetary bonuses. They can be beaten however, so don't fret over that. Just gonna be hard and expensive. Also, you can have a total of 40 starbases in a single sun :)

I'm aware that the UNSC is not a TEC clone, i was trying to point out that the Covenant can have 4 Starbases in a star... 4 starbases per player.

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

#131 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

Not how the flood works.......

so how does the flood work? i do know that it has to come through the star unless there is a flood world in the star you inhabit...

#132 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

so how does the flood work? i do know that it has to come through the star unless there is a flood world in the star you inhabit...

Basically the number of original flood worlds does not effect the initial number of raids. However, when the capture a new planet a new raid spawns thus if you give them a bunch of flood worlds at the start you are just making sure that you cannot wipe them out before the first raid.

Spoiler

#133 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

so maybe spawn one or two in a star with a bunch of asteroids or such? so they can boost their numbers as they go?

#134 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

so maybe spawn one or two in a star with a bunch of asteroids or such? so they can boost their numbers as they go?

Only one is required. They consume planets that are neutral and player or AI owned.

Spoiler

#135 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Only one is required. They consume planets that are neutral

Never seen them take neutral planets. You sure about that?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#136 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Never seen them take neutral planets. You sure about that?

yep seen it

Spoiler

#137 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

Only one is required. They consume planets that are neutral and player or AI owned.

and the more planets they own the larger the raid?

#138 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

No, Individual raids are the same size, but new raids happen for each capture, so it can snowball.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#139 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

Devastating....

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#140 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

It technically might seem like larger raids. But the chances are it is just several raids landing all at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users